Help me to understand tourney view couriers/items? (like TI3 smeevil)

#1BlazeAssassinPosted 5/21/2013 8:25:27 PM
This has always been a bit of a gray area to me and I just want to know how people "work around" the system concerning these kinds of items.

1) How to people stack up such an absurd amount of views on these items in such little time? I know you don't have to watch the full game(s) to get credit for a view, but they easily acquire more than would normally be possible. Like the new QoP set people have already maxed the effect on it when there are maybe 10 games available. I've also seen TI3 smeevils with well over 100 views halfway into the west qualifiers.

2) How do repeat views work, if they do at all? Like if I were to hypothetically get a courier that needs 100 views to max its effect, trade it to someone, and get a new one with 0 views. Could I re-watch 100 replays and have it give credit? I've seen people doing this so I'm just curious.
#2scythe16Posted 5/21/2013 8:26:58 PM
Watch a replay for all of 5 seconds
Get a view

Simple. It's the downloading that's a pain if you chose to go that route.
---
"Just let me tell you a little lesson buddy. The cream always rises to the top...And I'm about to show you the white hot cream, of an 8th grade boy!"
#3BlazeAssassin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 8:40:09 PM
So can you basically download a single replay and just watch it for 5 seconds then quit out, rinse and repeat 100 times to get a full effect?
#4ph33r1es5Posted 5/21/2013 9:02:49 PM
I think you only get the credit for the view count on the first time for each replay.
#5BlazeAssassin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 10:16:27 PM
So how exactly are these guys getting max views on their couriers and stuff before there are even close to that many replays/games available to view?
#6tweaker1Posted 5/21/2013 10:25:58 PM
I think I saw it mentioned that there's a glitch where it'll give double count for views and such. It will be fixed, don't worry. They haven't added the Smeevil stuff yet or the HUD, so view counts right now don't mean anything
#7mahgah91Posted 5/21/2013 11:43:43 PM
BlazeAssassin posted...
So how exactly are these guys getting max views on their couriers and stuff before there are even close to that many replays/games available to view?

Couriers have glitched view counts, some people (including mine) have couriers that don't even register views anymore.
#8Pseudo_LegacyPosted 5/22/2013 12:37:43 AM
>Trade it to an Alt/Smurf account
>Rewatch the replays you've already downloaded
>????
>http://i.imgur.com/7DDsPDS.jpg
---
Indubitably.
#9quinikkPosted 5/22/2013 12:51:12 AM
Pseudo_Legacy posted...
>Trade it to an Alt/Smurf account
>Rewatch the replays you've already downloaded
>????
>http://i.imgur.com/7DDsPDS.jpg

That might be the case for the Smeevil courier but the QoP requires a $12 Premiere League ticket. In that case, a group of friends who all bought tickets could easily trade the sets with each other and rack up views that way.
---
Just let it go, alright.