How do I build DK?

#1count_hamsteinPosted 6/18/2013 5:26:51 PM
I never see him played so when I played him he was pretty good cause no one knew what to do.

However he's kinda squishy, has high armor and regen but little life. And he's kinda slow and easy to kite while not in dragon form.

I went boots, armlet (I should stop taking it, I never activate it cause I'm too scared), Mjollnir, heart cause I wanted Tanky, Link Sphere cause more Tanky and I like the passive also helped mana issues. Last item was a gem.

Anyways, the build was a tad but expensive. Like why don't I get a Cleaver instead of an Mjoll on him?

Or to straight Tanky?
---
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds" - Abraham Lincoln
#2FoxyArekuPosted 6/18/2013 5:30:59 PM
Did you seriously just call Dk squishy.

What.
---
"How do you forget about windrun as windrunner?!"
#3ragnarok1301Posted 6/18/2013 5:32:36 PM
.......DK is squishy? I am absolutely terrified to ask what you consider tanky heroes...

Most pro games I see go Shadow Blade, BKB, AC. Sometimes they'll go straight damage after SB if they don't need the magic immunity or the armor.
#4Bald_MoneyPosted 6/18/2013 5:47:27 PM
He's one of the most durable heroes dude, what are you talking about? His base strength is a little low, sure, but his strength growth is large (2.8) and he gains passive armor as well as health regen.
#5sk00pPosted 6/19/2013 2:54:49 AM
count_hamstein posted...
I never see him played so when I played him he was pretty good cause no one knew what to do.

However he's kinda squishy, has high armor and regen but little life. And he's kinda slow and easy to kite while not in dragon form.

I went boots, armlet (I should stop taking it, I never activate it cause I'm too scared), Mjollnir, heart cause I wanted Tanky, Link Sphere cause more Tanky and I like the passive also helped mana issues. Last item was a gem.

Anyways, the build was a tad but expensive. Like why don't I get a Cleaver instead of an Mjoll on him?

Or to straight Tanky?

I went mid and went

3 branch, tango -> bottle -> treads -> life steal -> drums -> dominator -> satanic -> BKB -> heavens

Bottle build - max fire breath
No bottle - max armour (so you don't leave lane)
---
[[ TimeSplittersFaithful ]]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BI82Ji1CAAAcph4.jpg
#6ScarletShinPosted 6/19/2013 4:09:13 AM
DK is one of those heroes where you don't even need to build hp regen items on. Sheer levels will bring up his hp high enough. And like you said, his armor is high. He is NOT in any way squishy.

...or maybe you got wrecked so hard you found him squishy.
---
...that's just ridiculous; no-one beats Sub-Zero.
#7PhoenixNinePosted 6/19/2013 4:44:56 AM
You should buy a Belt of Giant Strength on your Death Knight and Boots of Speed are obviously useful. I'd recommend keeping any Periapts and Pendants you come across too.
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
#8JowyBlightPosted 6/19/2013 4:51:31 AM
Soul Ring.
---
"Riou...you came. Just like you promised. ...here we are ...here once again."
#9Genjutsu_GGPosted 6/19/2013 6:17:39 AM
Power Treads
Armlet
Blademail (I use this item for any hero that will get targeted first)
Eye of skadi
Manta Style/bottle/gem
---
All Hail Lord Duncan
http://tinyurl.com/TheWadeFlop
#10crunchy612Posted 6/19/2013 6:37:22 AM
^thanks for the laugh bud.
---
Dota life's good when you play supports. ^_^
My FF Type-0 obssession is BACK! http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2dr3ijdud1r569y6o1_500.gif