worst low tier carry hero?

#11bond21Posted 7/3/2013 11:33:39 PM
Sniper is squishy and has no escape. It's almost like he's a glass cannon or something.

They should make him tanky as f*** and give him a blink.
---
YamaChan the NBAB GOAT Prophet
http://i.imgur.com/QznUJMX.jpg
#12Evil_Evil_Evil_Posted 7/3/2013 11:37:14 PM
why does everyone hate how sniper is squishy and has no escape? i mean icefrog had to balance a 810 ranged hero with 40% bash somehow.
#13BakedStuffEtcPosted 7/3/2013 11:51:50 PM
40% minibash*

the stun of which not going through magic immunity

And he has crap farming ability because no cleave, no way to get cleave, bad MS and no extra mobility stuff like blink

And no lane presence
---
My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong.
#14_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 7/4/2013 12:39:48 AM(edited)
Honestly I think people hate on sniper because he is popular. Though for me , it has to be medusa, in the sense that I am having a much harder time being successful with her, and when I do meet her in a match she rarely does well. That does not say much about her potential, but it says a lot about her general performance in a pub.
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#15Ultima_Weapon33Posted 7/4/2013 12:48:36 AM
lol at implying sniper is a "pubstomp" hero

what is your plan, last hit for one hour (which you can't do because you're in normal/high bracket) while the spiritbreakers/rikimarus/bhes (you low bracket players love those heroes) just ignore you?

then the enemy drow ranger kills you with half your farm (which isn't right because drow is a better farmer than sniper)

lol
---
A true hero never wavers. My place is at the top.
Bring me a real challenge. CHA
#16JowyBlightPosted 7/4/2013 4:42:23 AM
Sniper is the only answer really, even Medusa isn't that bad nowadays with the reworked ultimate.
---
"Riou...you came. Just like you promised. ...here we are ...here once again."
#17JlesaistuPosted 7/4/2013 5:10:39 AM
you should put Ursa on this list imo....he is one of the worst carry in the game imo.

only good at pubstrom...but really..he get nothings..no escape melle carry than is so easy to just shut down and kill....

and slark is actually very good..but IMO..he is not really a carry. he dont get much scaling skill....his real selng point is the intensive survability, mobility and oh so spammable liek 700 magic damage...

i call hero liek slark a ganker/semi than a carry really.
---
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."
#18ScarletShinPosted 7/4/2013 5:21:18 AM
Tekken9292 posted...
-hurf derf, no exkape!
-horfing dorfing, rite klik heyro!
-durf dorf, useless until late game!
-herpus via derpus, everybody ganks him effortlessly.

Players don't realize that the first and last points are actually a comment on their own playstyle as opposed to a flaw with the hero. Gyro, for example, is a solid hero and pick despite being squishy and no escape mech. Yet no one criticizes him for such "flaws" because normally, the ones that play Gyro are less idiotic and know when to back off from pushing and/or otherwise being exposed on the map.

There is nothing wrong with being a right click hero. Again, it's a comment on the player, not the hero. If you want more things for the hero to do, you picked the wrong one. Go pick Lion or Lesh if you want to do more than just positioning and right-clicking. If you want a carry that only has to worry about positioning and can secure kills from heroes running away, Sniper is a good pick.

Lastly, being useless until late game is only a problem if your team's playstyle doesn't fit it. Most people want the game done around mid game, but there are line ups that can pressure long enough to give heroes like Sniper to farm. So again, it's not the hero, it's you.

Then again, nothing is ever a player's fault, and everything is the fault of the game, the hero being bad, his teammates, or that mouse he's had for the past year or so.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vpBjMW9.png
Nice going Kidd.
#19LORDDRAGON1995Posted 7/4/2013 5:38:33 AM
none of them, Ursa
---
Scientia, Honor et Veritas
#20thebestestbestPosted 7/4/2013 6:20:31 AM
ScarletShin posted...
Tekken9292 posted...
-hurf derf, no exkape!
-horfing dorfing, rite klik heyro!
-durf dorf, useless until late game!
-herpus via derpus, everybody ganks him effortlessly.

Players don't realize that the first and last points are actually a comment on their own playstyle as opposed to a flaw with the hero. Gyro, for example, is a solid hero and pick despite being squishy and no escape mech. Yet no one criticizes him for such "flaws" because normally, the ones that play Gyro are less idiotic and know when to back off from pushing and/or otherwise being exposed on the map.

There is nothing wrong with being a right click hero. Again, it's a comment on the player, not the hero. If you want more things for the hero to do, you picked the wrong one. Go pick Lion or Lesh if you want to do more than just positioning and right-clicking. If you want a carry that only has to worry about positioning and can secure kills from heroes running away, Sniper is a good pick.

Lastly, being useless until late game is only a problem if your team's playstyle doesn't fit it. Most people want the game done around mid game, but there are line ups that can pressure long enough to give heroes like Sniper to farm. So again, it's not the hero, it's you.

Then again, nothing is ever a player's fault, and everything is the fault of the game, the hero being bad, his teammates, or that mouse he's had for the past year or so.

This post is mindbogglingly terrible.

Having no escapes is a problem on any hero. It IS considered a drawback, and a hero needs a crazy amount of additional utility to make up for it. In gyro's case, it's being amazing at farming, amazing at laning, amazing in small fights early, amazing in big fights mid game, while still being a crazy teamwiping carry late game. For sniper, he has literally NONE of those advantages. He's bad at farming, bad at early fights, bad at mid game fights, and one of the weakest late game carries.

Being useless until late game is a crippling flaw that usually means a hero is unusable. There is no "playstyle" that will prevent your team from losing every building to pushes that occur before late game. Having a sniper + tower is nothing compared to the opposing team having something like gyro or alchemist. They will tower dive your whole team, win, and take an objective, over and over until you lose the game. This is not a matter of playstyle. This is simple game mechanics showing why you CANNOT be useless until late game, because you won't get a late game.