I hate when my team force me in completely stupid lane.

#11CharismachinePosted 7/11/2013 4:20:33 AM
Ifeno posted...
I feel like TC is trolling...

If you've yet to experience this or anything similar, you must be new.
#12King_of_donkeysPosted 7/11/2013 4:29:07 AM
ITT because pros can do something so can random pub players
---
Dislikes: Haters, Elitists, Narrow-minded fools
#13Alternative_1Posted 7/11/2013 4:46:45 AM
King_of_donkeys posted...
ITT because pros can do something so can random pub players

Or, y'know, it kind of shows that it's not a stupid lane.

If he failed then that's fine, but don't blame the lane as though it's impossible.
---
Russia is NOT in Western Europe.
#14AlgernonMabusPosted 7/11/2013 5:00:16 AM
I had to solo against a double-ranged lane as Centaur once. I ended the game 0/0/[some single digit number]. Won the game because our trilane stomped, but it wasn't exactly fun.
---
You're solid gold. I'll see you in hell.
#15DarkishFriendPosted 7/11/2013 6:26:48 AM
Like others have said, prophet is a fairly decent offlane but it requires a lot of experience doing it, something I imagine you didn't have as it was forced on to you.

At level 1 takes Treants and when creeps spawn, spawn your treants and send them to the fog of war area just behind the trees inbetween their T1 and T2 towers. When the creeps come close, use your treants to guide the enemies creeps through the jungle and back to your tower and then use the treants to tank the creeps while you try to get all the last hits you can.

Doing this allows Prophet to do a lot of things typical off laners can't.

1) The enemy can not deny any of those creeps, you get all the xp, and possibly, all the gold.
2) The enemy is forced to tank your creeps at their tower, so either they lose health, or their tower does.
3) The pulling creeps things resets creep equilibrium.

Do this, and at level three have one point in every ability to when you see an opening, TP bot. Now it's 4v2, so you can possibly (if they picked heroes with stuns or strong slows). If you manage to kill both of the heroes and your tri lane has pushers, you can get that tower. If you do, your team just managed to get a 300-400g each (excluding kills) advantage on the enemy team in the first 3-4 minutes.

If not, or after your done getting the tower, go back to the offlane and continue to pull creeps with your treants and allocate your skills as you normally do.
---
TF2, a game about spending RL money to open an ingame item, to receive an ingame item, to trade for an ingame item. Oh, and there is some shooter minigame.
#16therickmu25Posted 7/11/2013 6:49:35 AM
Have your team force you to solo the suicide lane with an Earthshaker and them complain. I had to use fissure for last hits.
---
Games List: http://i.imgur.com/n5R72Cl.jpg
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg
#17sakurabaz00xPosted 7/11/2013 7:46:48 AM
I remember laning the suicide lane as bloodseeker with dragon knight against a trilane. I abandoned it for the jungle. Davion didn't fare as well.
---
to spam is human, to combo divine (what about auto-combos?)
PSN: sakurabaz_x as in Milfeulle Sakuraba from Galaxy Angels
#18RealYoraePosted 7/11/2013 8:21:03 AM
DarkishFriend posted...
Like others have said, prophet is a fairly decent offlane but it requires a lot of experience doing it, something I imagine you didn't have as it was forced on to you.

At level 1 takes Treants and when creeps spawn, spawn your treants and send them to the fog of war area just behind the trees inbetween their T1 and T2 towers. When the creeps come close, use your treants to guide the enemies creeps through the jungle and back to your tower and then use the treants to tank the creeps while you try to get all the last hits you can.

Doing this allows Prophet to do a lot of things typical off laners can't.

1) The enemy can not deny any of those creeps, you get all the xp, and possibly, all the gold.
2) The enemy is forced to tank your creeps at their tower, so either they lose health, or their tower does.
3) The pulling creeps things resets creep equilibrium.

Do this, and at level three have one point in every ability to when you see an opening, TP bot. Now it's 4v2, so you can possibly (if they picked heroes with stuns or strong slows). If you manage to kill both of the heroes and your tri lane has pushers, you can get that tower. If you do, your team just managed to get a 300-400g each (excluding kills) advantage on the enemy team in the first 3-4 minutes.

If not, or after your done getting the tower, go back to the offlane and continue to pull creeps with your treants and allocate your skills as you normally do.

I think your advice is really sound and constructive for the tc. Even I have learned from this info as I don't play prophet often but I have done this with Lone Druid as well and didn't even think to use the treants similarily.
---
It is not things, but opinions about things that have absolutely no existence, which have so deranged mankind! - Nietzsche
#19_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 7/11/2013 8:47:28 AM
When I play in a team of people that I do not know, I generally pick a hero with little flexibility in laning when team composition practically guarantees that I will not have to lane in a way that I would not want with that hero.
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H