New to Dota

#1King_of_NowPosted 7/14/2013 8:40:13 PM
Since the Beta ended, I figured the time was ripe to get into this game, since I figure there will be an influx of people who will be just as new as me.

Anyway, back when I played Leagues, I binded my camera lock to my spacebar, so I could always hold it down, and then when i needed to move the camera freely, I would simply let off the spacebar and move the camera.

Is there an option like this I can use in Dota 2? Will just make me feel a whole lot more comfortable in game, as that is the method off free cam that I am used to.

Thanks guys.
#2KingDelitaPosted 7/14/2013 8:41:28 PM
yea u can customize camera. theres a hold and mouse option movement and all that.

but for me i use edge pan so when i put the mouse in corner it just moves to where i want it to be.
---
Delita Hyral, the last of the Black Sheep Knights.
"Tough...Don't blame us. Blame yourself or God"
#3King_of_Now(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 8:46:46 PM
KingDelita posted...
yea u can customize camera. theres a hold and mouse option movement and all that.

but for me i use edge pan so when i put the mouse in corner it just moves to where i want it to be.

Is the option I am looking for camera grip? :S

So many options in this game.
#4Bald_MoneyPosted 7/14/2013 8:54:45 PM
Yeah, you can bind camera lock to spacebar if you want to I think. However, I would recommend not doing this because it kind of limits how you play and is not great for observation or movement.
#5ShekbPosted 7/15/2013 3:13:12 AM
You can't lock the camera

You can bind your hero select key to spacebar and double tap and hold it to make it follow your hero but that's it.
#6HeavenwargodPosted 7/15/2013 3:41:55 AM
King_of_Now posted...
Is there an option like this I can use in Dota 2?

I'm not sure if this is how it was like in LoL (since I don't play LoL), you can try changing Select Hero in options to Spacebar instead of the default F1. Double tap (and hold it down) on Spacebar to do make the camera follow your hero. I've got a feeling it would feel very different though, since it feels pretty awkward to me.
---
Currently: PSO2, Kaku-San-Sei Million Arthur, P4A, Arcana Heart 3, MELTY BLOOD AACC, BLAZBLUE CSE
Ayachi's number one fan.