Dota 2 - The First Blood Update

#21Alternative_1Posted 9/19/2013 2:21:03 PM
SwaglockHolmes posted...
where are the fountain hooking apologists

How do you mean? Everything that was said is still true - Valve knew about the bug before TI3 and said they were leaving it in the game and it wasn't cheating. They have now decided they don't want it in the game (whether for parity with Dota, gameplay reasons or aesthetic reasons or something else) so they've removed it. Doesn't change anything about the validity of the tactic when it caused furore so unless you're referring to something else I have no idea what your point is.

Timbersaw: Fixed Timberchain not being interrupted by stuns

Feels like a big nerf. Hm. . .
---
Russia is NOT in Western Europe.
#22Ether_StrikePosted 9/19/2013 2:24:00 PM
I like how after one competitive win where fountain hooking was a factor it gets removed, but the tri-core rat dota abusing tactics of [A] are untouched.
---
~SK
When I am taken, all my memories will fade, crowded out by eternal suffering.~Benjamin "Yahtzee" Croshaw
#23SwaglockHolmesPosted 9/19/2013 2:26:14 PM(edited)
Alternative_1 posted...
SwaglockHolmes posted...
where are the fountain hooking apologists

How do you mean? Everything that was said is still true - Valve knew about the bug before TI3 and said they were leaving it in the game and it wasn't cheating. They have now decided they don't want it in the game (whether for parity with Dota, gameplay reasons or aesthetic reasons or something else) so they've removed it. Doesn't change anything about the validity of the tactic when it caused furore so unless you're referring to something else I have no idea what your point is.

Timbersaw: Fixed Timberchain not being interrupted by stuns

Feels like a big nerf. Hm. . .

They did it because the mechanic is incredibly stupid and it took Na'Vi abusing it at TI to get it fixed. A mechanic that gives you the potential to instantly kill any member of the other team that doesn't have a blink (regardless of their farm and whether or not they have an aegis) is inane and doesn't belong in this game.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mikoow/ trade me dope items
#24DejanjiPosted 9/19/2013 2:41:08 PM
To much stuff I'm loving to point out.

Although I do wonder what they mean with the "portal pack". Just want to buy Glados, heh.
---
I don't give a damn if you don't like me, because I don't like you, because you're not like me.
#25MoonDanceKidPosted 9/19/2013 2:45:59 PM
Good update.
---
"I am not obliged to use more thought in my post than you used in yours."
#26SpeedDemon20Posted 9/19/2013 2:54:28 PM
Amazing update. I like the control group cloud save.

---
http://www.playdota.com/img/art/2858/fanart/f1244804694.jpg
Crystal Maiden... gal could break your heart in a thousand pieces. -Rucks
#27flikman24Posted 9/19/2013 3:00:39 PM
"Fixed being able to instantly toggle Armlet on and off"

Thank you!!!
---
----
Blue Lightning
#28scythe16Posted 9/19/2013 3:11:35 PM
Ether_Strike posted...
I like how after one competitive win where fountain hooking was a factor it gets removed, but the tri-core rat dota abusing tactics of [A] are untouched.

That and the fact that nearly every pubbie I have come across that thought they were Dendi and Puppy doing this crap constantly for weeks.

It has been in the game and known to many of us for a long time, but not nearly as widely abused as it has been since TI3. Every once in a while it was funny, now it is absolutely irritating, especially when they miss and you lose a teamfight because of it. Hell, when it lands and you lose a teamfight because of it is just as bad.
---
"Just let me tell you a little lesson buddy. The cream always rises to the top...And I'm about to show you the white hot cream, of an 8th grade boy!"
#29samurai gorohPosted 9/19/2013 3:14:18 PM
Dejanji posted...
To much stuff I'm loving to point out.

Although I do wonder what they mean with the "portal pack". Just want to buy Glados, heh.

http://www.dota2.com/firstblood

The acerbic wit of Portal's GLaDOS finally makes her Dota 2 announcer pack debut! The sarcastic A.I. will be only too happy to tell you when your barracks or towers have fallen. Included in the pack are the new Aperture Science Wardcores as well as the Portal HUD skin, both of which are only available through purchase of the Portal Pack.
---
Iím the best in the universe! Just remember! [F-zero X]
#30NewAnimeFanDVPosted 9/19/2013 3:30:53 PM
Wow so much but hurt still at Pudge fountain hook shenanigans
---
The official Flail Girl(Seven) of the Final Fantasy XIII: Agito(Type-0) board