If valve wanted people to actually play this game, they should've made it SIMPLE

#1Oil_Rope_BombsPosted 10/11/2013 12:28:08 AM
I got this game like super early, but there was no tutorial or anything of the sort at the time, and Valve expected you to learn the game all by yourself, which is ridiculous. I've waited for release since ages where they would finally release a tutorial, and it didn't help at ALL. I'm still being overwhelmed, stuff like "Wards", "ultimates", the few billion heroes in this game, "upgrades", it's all super confusing, and is the reason why I won't play this game.

Does Valve honestly expect me to, like, go through a 30 hour self-taught "tutorial" where I will just be useless to my teammates? This is just horribad game design... >_> I should not have to be a feeding noob at the start, or waste my entire week reading guides.
---
Is the rice good? Ah, yes, my heart, it's right. What is that, what is it?
Give me your money. Give me your cheese. I give you all my love.
#2ThePlasmaStormPosted 10/11/2013 12:30:48 AM
go back to leeg
---
`._Out! Out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow_.
http://i.imgur.com/k8Sb2kC.png
#3NewAnimeFanDVPosted 10/11/2013 12:34:17 AM
Clearly League is better game

We should all switch to it cause dota 2 hard
---
The official Flail Girl(Seven) of the Final Fantasy XIII: Agito(Type-0) board
#4Alternative_1Posted 10/11/2013 12:36:58 AM
._.

Seems to me like plenty of people are playing the game.
---
Russia is NOT in Western Europe.
#5GForceDragonPosted 10/11/2013 12:43:21 AM
dota 1 is the tutorial
---
"Swimming is imbalanced because Michael Phelps can beat me in a race 100% of the time." - Exalted_O_N_E
#6AngelofD3thPosted 10/11/2013 12:55:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7Sgt_FoleyPosted 10/11/2013 12:58:38 AM
Obvious troll/10
---
^The views expressed in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of the poster in question.
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the best cartoon ever.
#8anilEhilatedPosted 10/11/2013 1:01:01 AM
Plain stupidity or satire on the state of videogame design? Only you can tell!
---
For who could ever...?
#9TME_GuyPosted 10/11/2013 1:24:12 AM
Hey TC I heard League is a better game go try it you might like it
---
"NOMOBUYO, OSHI, HASHITAWA, DOGEDA, GUNMICHA, DE, RIBURA!"
#10quinikkPosted 10/11/2013 1:34:56 AM(edited)
Oil_Rope_Bombs posted...
I got this game like super early, but there was no tutorial or anything of the sort at the time, and Valve expected you to learn the game all by yourself, which is ridiculous. I've waited for release since ages where they would finally release a tutorial, and it didn't help at ALL. I'm still being overwhelmed, stuff like "Wards", "ultimates", the few billion heroes in this game, "upgrades", it's all super confusing, and is the reason why I won't play this game.

Does Valve honestly expect me to, like, go through a 30 hour self-taught "tutorial" where I will just be useless to my teammates? This is just horribad game design... >_> I should not have to be a feeding noob at the start, or waste my entire week reading guides.

For a serious answer, Valve actually doesn't really care either way. I know it probably sounds stupid, I mean, why would a company make a game that doesn't really try to get people to play it, but the thing is the player base is so huge that they can afford to lose players(albeit in the millions). It's a game that can live off even just a quarter of Dota 1's player base.
---
Just let it go, alright.