How to Bristleback?

#1angelusalvusPosted 10/21/2013 3:52:24 PM(edited)
Can someone give me tips or show me guides of how to play with him?
I don't know how much he was changed after this patch, so I am asking for those who like this hero if old guides are still viable.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0734 3386 4631
3DS FC: 2337-2967-1748
#2Falco_TaverenPosted 10/21/2013 3:51:22 PM
build tanky

when you get focused turn your back (or at least side) to your attackers

when everyones hurt put nasal goo on the person you want to focus and spam quills

and then right click them
---
Hey, yeah, yeah yeah, it's a party in the USA.
"This is gfaqs. The less anyone posts here, the better." - leon_nerevat
#3Retro_CuddlesPosted 10/21/2013 4:09:02 PM(edited)
i normally go

van
treads
basher
mjollnir/ac depending on whether i want armor or lightning. but always get something with hyperstone cos your ulti increased your dmg to godlike status. so you need pewpew speeds.
heart

last slot i play with. sometimes double hearts, or a radiance, hell ive even put a frigging bfury on him for fun.

laugh at my build if you like. but if im on a mega losing streak. no matter how terribad my team. always bet on the bristleback to bring you wins. its damn near impossible to lose with him. all the babies pick ***** heroes and ignore the god that is bristleback. such an underrated hero considering the dmg he can put out from his ulti stacks, combined with the stacking dmg from quills and the no dmg from back attacks.

i remember some ***** sniper insulted me for picking bristleback. told me i sucked and we would lose cos of me. i ended up carrying him and the team.

in short. always bet on the bristlegod for wins. poor guy is so underrated its bad.

edit: im at work so cant test the new patch but i think the only really changed his ulti to make the duration longer? and more stacks or something? as it was almost impossible to max your stacks without spamming the piss out of nasal goo.
---
My IQ is 20 below genius, so im almost genius
R.I.P Paul Bearer
#4mico_ongoPosted 10/21/2013 4:26:55 PM
stock up some clarity and spam quills.....quills is one of the best lane harassment skill...set yourself up between their melee and range a little closer to range and quill when the heroes get close...they'll back off...those stacks hurt.....
#5tomandsamPosted 10/21/2013 4:33:02 PM
My favorite Bristleback build is as follows (in order):

Starting: Stout shield, regen+stats as you see fit
Boots
Medallion of Courage
Finish your Treads
Mekansm
Armlet

Luxury (not in order, just whatever would work best):
Heaven's Halberd (dangerous enemy carry)
Heart of Tarrasque (tank)
Mjollnir (DPS)

My skill order is:
Spray, Goo, Back, Spray, Spray, Path, Spray, then I usually max Bristleback. If you have great disablers on your team, then get Goo for more kill potential but less teamfight presence.

His playstyle is relatively basic. Get last hits (if possible, with spray to harass at the same time) but save some mana for when an enemy overextends, so you can get the kill with a support's stun. Your laning is great in a dual offlane (or even an aggressive trilane, possibly), especially if they have a melee carry there. In teamfights, just walk in to the enemies and turn around before they nuke you. Then just mash Quill Spray, using Goo whenever you're not being focused. Once the initial barrage is done and you and the enemies are getting some stacks, Medallion the carry (or the priority target/most gooed target) and beat them to death with your armlet on. Use the Mek when you or your team are at low health.
---
Imagine if it was possible to like waiting for things...
#6AlgernonMabusPosted 10/21/2013 4:59:54 PM
Wand
Treads
Drums
(Mek if your team doesn't have a better Mek carrier)
AC
Shiva's/Pipe
Maybe Vlad's at some point if my team's going to be doing a lot of melee right-clicking.
---
If only I had a kleenex to lend him - or even a linen handkerchief - but these trousers...!! No back pocket!
#7angelusalvus(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 5:39:57 PM
How should I levels his skills then?
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0734 3386 4631
3DS FC: 2337-2967-1748
#8mico_ongoPosted 10/21/2013 6:05:29 PM
i generally go

quills
armor
goo
quills
qiulls
ult
quills
armor
armor
armor
ult
goo
goo
goo
#9ZXR_ReignSlayerPosted 10/21/2013 6:41:46 PM
Run away from idiots who chase you and get double kills.
---
Everyone thinks they are special and the exception to the rule...everyone...and they are all wrong -RonD70
#10ratt80Posted 10/21/2013 7:02:37 PM
Learn to block with your back. Pretend to run, soak up some nukes, then get aggressive. it is hilarious to see spells like finger of death and Laguna blade bounce off you.

BB is so awesome, I just got his new flail today :).