After 100 games, I still suck. Yay!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dota 2
  3. After 100 games, I still suck. Yay!
2 years ago#1
http://dotabuff.com/players/19133832/matches

102 games to be exact over a 2 month period. Though, I did play dota 1 years back (like 05/06) for about a year. I also watched Ti2 and 3 and follow the in-game guides (usually Purge's or other high-rated ones), so I guess I sort of know what I'm doing? Maybe.
---
Yeah. "I'm going to turn back time an hour. It'll take about an hour." - AnnaBananaa
2 years ago#2
I played Dota for years when it was first a WC3 mod. It doesn't necessarily transfer over well to Dota 2.

A LOT of things have changed. Plus the new engine the game runs on......
2 years ago#3
according to many people you wont be good at dota 2 till you hit 1k hours or 400 wins whichever comes sooner
---
dotabuff.com/players/89497302, iforez.olf.sgsnet.se/dotastats/89497302/
dota2gifs.com/gifs/TI3NaviMouz.gif, http://dota2gifs.com/gifs/nyxnyxnyx.gif
2 years ago#4
aalnius posted...
according to many people you wont be good at dota 2 till you hit 1k hours or 400 wins whichever comes sooner

Some people just never get good. I have a friend who I play with all the time who has well over 1.5k hours and he is still a really, really awful player. He watches pro games and everything but even after all of his time spent playing he still sucks. It's a mixture of really bad reaction times, lack of game knowledge (not sure how), and a really laid-back attitude
---
"Numbers in other parts of the world are BIGGER then they are in America. This is because they use the METRIC SYSTEM.1 in America=2.2 in Metric."-PR4Y
2 years ago#5
SkrallRampager posted...
I played Dota for years when it was first a WC3 mod. It doesn't necessarily transfer over well to Dota 2.

A LOT of things have changed. Plus the new engine the game runs on......

One thing that hasn't changed is me as a carry, was terrible back then and still am lol.

Volinor7 posted...
aalnius posted...

Some people just never get good. I have a friend who I play with all the time who has well over 1.5k hours and he is still a really, really awful player. He watches pro games and everything but even after all of his time spent playing he still sucks. It's a mixture of really bad reaction times, lack of game knowledge (not sure how), and a really laid-back attitude

I'm heading down that same path probably.
Other than game knowledge, I feel like I haven't gotten any better.
---
Yeah. "I'm going to turn back time an hour. It'll take about an hour." - AnnaBananaa
2 years ago#6
I've played 997 games and I'm still bad :(
---
My quest begins
http://i.imgur.com/6CyF3zP.png dota2gifs.com/gifs/nyxnyxnyx.gif
2 years ago#7
I've put in 117 hours in the past month and I still feel as though I suck. I'm either too aggressive or too passive. I have decent games, but most of the time I am just there. Kind of like my Call of Duty track record.

I should get around to playing as all the heroes sometime.
---
GT: The 17th Bronco
Former Head Priest of the former Church of Won
2 years ago#8
Esumark posted...
I've played 997 games and I'm still bad :(

897 turns out I'm still bad at math to.
---
My quest begins
http://i.imgur.com/6CyF3zP.png dota2gifs.com/gifs/nyxnyxnyx.gif
2 years ago#9
It took me 100 game to realize just how bad I really was.

Ive gotten better but it is good to have a realistic view of your skill level.
2 years ago#10
Think about it, 100 games isn't even enough to have played each hero once. You need to play a hero multiple times to know the limits, strengths and weaknesses, not to mention skill, item builds etc.
  1. Boards
  2. Dota 2
  3. After 100 games, I still suck. Yay!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived