After 100 games, I still suck. Yay!

#11NailbombPosted 11/6/2013 10:10:26 PM
Esumark posted...
Esumark posted...
I've played 997 games and I'm still bad :(

897 turns out I'm still bad at math to.

Since you're so keen on self-depreciation, don't forget about your grammar!
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer
#12blackwolfLT7Posted 11/7/2013 12:09:18 AM
All this is nonsense... i think that you can play a little, but with enough knowledge you still can be good. when i was newbie i was thrown into smurf tier. by about 40 wins i would play against 800win player, and i would win. wins mean nothing. knowledge is power.
---
---steam: blackwolfLT7, teach'n'smurf. League id: blackwolfLT
#13bashirdrPosted 11/7/2013 8:01:53 AM
TC, you and I have the same amount of time and games invested. I definitely still suck. Haven't played all the heroes, just learning how to ward, still using suggested items instead of buying what I need based on the situation.
#14sampoelalaPosted 11/7/2013 8:51:56 AM
I've played over 1400 games and i'm still so bad that i sometimes in teamfights dont even know where my hero is standing

game is hard
---
Signatures Prophet
#15Neo_HeartlessPosted 11/7/2013 9:16:18 AM
I'm approaching 700 games and I'm still terrible.

The game is hard, friends.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#16tmillahPosted 11/7/2013 10:27:05 AM
as some others have mentioned you seem to be all over in terms of hero selection. Narrow it down to say 6-8 heroes you like, and focus on only playing them so you can learn their ins and outs.

Your win % will rise in doing so. Then slowly branch out.

If there are still heroes you've never played a game with, play one as them vs. bots to learn the spells adn their mechanics so you can play against them.

The reason people can play this game over and over and over is because of the depth of hero choices and the variety of match play that can bring! Tough to know everything, especially after only 100 games.
---
Step 1: Play Video Games; Step 2: ??????
Step 3: Profit
#17SkimGuyPosted 11/7/2013 12:13:29 PM
sampoelala posted...
I've played over 1400 games and i'm still so bad that i sometimes in teamfights dont even know where my hero is standing

game is hard

You don't need to know exactly where your hero is but you should have a general idea of your positioning before the teamfight and during. It's more important to assess the situation around you If you're a support than it is to look where you are (ie you shouldn't be in the middle of 3 heroes in the first place, you should be on the cusp of the battle where your exact location is not entirely your important as long as you can cast your spells safely)

As a core, yeah you should know where you are in a team fight xd
#18xpiritflare(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 2:31:14 PM
SkimGuy posted...
Think about it, 100 games isn't even enough to have played each hero once. You need to play a hero multiple times to know the limits, strengths and weaknesses, not to mention skill, item builds etc.

I dread the day where I try to play Meepo.

SkimGuy posted...
sampoelala posted...

game is hard

You don't need to know exactly where your hero is but you should have a general idea of your positioning before the teamfight and during. It's more important to assess the situation around you If you're a support than it is to look where you are (ie you shouldn't be in the middle of 3 heroes in the first place, you should be on the cusp of the battle where your exact location is not entirely your important as long as you can cast your spells safely)

As a core, yeah you should know where you are in a team fight xd

Reminds me of my most recent game as KotL what with all the getting caught in the middle of teamfights and bad Illuminates.
---
Yeah. "I'm going to turn back time an hour. It'll take about an hour." - AnnaBananaa
#19dan da manPosted 11/7/2013 2:33:05 PM
aalnius posted...
according to many people you wont be good at dota 2 till you hit 1k hours or 400 wins whichever comes sooner

more like 4000 wins.
---
#20sk00pPosted 11/7/2013 5:21:20 PM
Purge is not really the best player to watch, better to watch pro players on twitch.

Remember seeing a game with Purge as Zeus, it's like his R button was broke, so many times his team died because he wouldn't ulti to help them
---
[[ TimeSplittersFaithful ]]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BI82Ji1CAAAcph4.jpg