How to deal with rune guessing as mid?

#11warglbarglPosted 1/24/2014 12:25:22 PM
You just need one ward on one rune spot to tell where the rune will be. If it isn't where you have vision at the even minute mark, then you know its where you don't have vision.
---
Rancid. dicks.
http://www.last.fm/user/crackityjones66
#12thebestestbestPosted 1/24/2014 1:15:20 PM
1: Bottle crow
2: Push harder
3: If you have the advantage, follow them, they will be forced to fight
4: Supports guard 1 rune spot while you check the other
5: Suipports gank mid between 3 and 4 minutes and between 5 and 6 minutes so that you can kill them and then grab the rune
#13DeathScythe_527Posted 1/24/2014 3:18:48 PM
Metroid_Crime posted...
I feel you TC, I've lost mid match ups because the rune decided to spawn on one side five times in a row. It got to the point where I started irrationally cursing at the Dota gods.

Why is that a surprise? I don't think rune spawns work off of prng. Just because a rune spawns in one place, doesn't mean it increases the chance of it spawning on the opposite side.
---
PSN: DANomite93
"El delfin esta en el jacuzzi."
#14xoAxeloxPosted 1/24/2014 3:31:57 PM
push the lane before the rune spawns. the only way to benefit from a lost rune is to make sure that the opposing mid loses exp/gold when getting it.

make use of bottle crow as necessary as well.
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#15acesxhighPosted 1/24/2014 3:32:56 PM
DeathScythe_527 posted...
Metroid_Crime posted...
I feel you TC, I've lost mid match ups because the rune decided to spawn on one side five times in a row. It got to the point where I started irrationally cursing at the Dota gods.

Why is that a surprise? I don't think rune spawns work off of prng. Just because a rune spawns in one place, doesn't mean it increases the chance of it spawning on the opposite side.

lol? It's very unlucky to have a rune spawn on the same side 5 times in a row regardless.
---
TIME TO IMPACT EXCITER
http://i.imgur.com/teH4y.gif
#16TurboAE86Posted 1/24/2014 3:40:20 PM
Lol? Buy ward yourself its 150g. i almost always do when i mid with pub allies. It will pay off. I don't want some idiot allied CM buying the min0 ward and warding his own jungle or something.
---
Sorry for any english..thanks, god bless,,you
#17mafiafunPosted 1/24/2014 4:55:44 PM
Understand that sometimes you will not be able to either outrun the enemy to the rune, challenge the enemy directly for the rune or clear the wave before going to the rune. In those scenarios you either let him take rune and hope nothing happens from it, or get assistance from the side lanes in controlling the rune.

A lot of it has to do with which role you play as mid.
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler