Vanguard on PA?

#21FoxyArekuPosted 3/8/2014 2:05:51 PM
People should really try it sometime. Just think about it. You have evasion, but if a hit doesn't get dodged, it gets blocked instead.

It really can make you deceptively tanky for a good chunk of the game, and it gives regen so you don't have to go back to base.
---
"How do you forget about windrun as windrunner?!"
#22BakedStuffEtcPosted 3/8/2014 3:58:36 PM
GunmaN1905 posted...
And I dislike people who look at "the numbers". Sure, some stats give good insight, but if you're analysing game with "the numbers", it's just bad.

Except """"The numbers"""" give insight that basically just says "don't buy this garbage ever"

- Vanguard

+6 regen, +250 health, and 26.6 average damage block. 2225 gold.

Needs to be sold, delays a Heart/Perseverance item by 1113 gold.

- PMS + Vit Booster + RoH

+6 AGI, +5 regen, +250 health, and 20 damage block vs heroes, 13.3 vs creeps. 2525 gold.

Only the PMS will be sold. Delays other items built out of components by 225 gold.

- Mekansm + Stout

+5 all stats (+95 health, +65 mana, +5 AGI), +4.15 regen, +250 health to all teammates and creeps in an aoe, 13.3 damage block. 2550 gold.

Stout will be resold, delays other items by 125 gold.

The resale values of non-Vanguard builds have an advantage of almost 1k gold, and RoH+PMS+Vit grants almost identical EHP to a Vanguard while Mek build gives MORE due to more base HP, as well as boosting armor. And it grants its benefits to all friendlies around you as well. I'm basing this off fairly early game, when you'd get either item; the autoattacks of enemy heroes will be around 60-80 damage, correct?

and I too am talking about Vanguard in general. I've only been talking about it this much recently because there have been multiple recent threads about the item, for whatever reason.
---
My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong.
#23VirtuousWrathPosted 3/8/2014 6:39:32 PM
Hmm... I'm still gonna buy it.
---
"I sung of chaos and eternal night, taught by the heav'nly muse to venture down the dark descent, and up to reascend...
#24GunmaN1905Posted 3/9/2014 3:31:08 AM(edited)
So, let's say pms+vitbooster+roh on spectre.
3 slots, 4th is for tp, 5th for wand/stick/qblade, last for boots.

ARE YOU SERIOUS, 3 SLOTS.
Then you should never buy drums, you can get 3 bracers/wraithbands/nulls for like 300 less gold.

Whatever, you're just embarssing yourself.

We had this EXACTLY THE SAME discussion like 2-3 weeks ago and like NOONE supported your god awful build, yet you claim EXACTLY THE SAME thing again.

---
PSN: GunmaN1905
Steam: GunmaN1905
#25ChaapPosted 3/9/2014 4:13:58 AM
how often do you actually get to the point where you have to sell vanguard?

by that time in the game a loss of 1k isn't a big deal

also what are you using that RoH for in the pms + roh + vit build?
---
"Some people are just dumb"
#26ChaapPosted 3/9/2014 4:15:27 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#27SakumPosted 3/9/2014 8:27:24 AM
Vanguard? What a waste of a RoH. I'd get BF instead. BKB is a better investment for a survivability item.
---
What do u think that is VC++ is more strong language than Java ? which have more plus points ?- Mikel
#28MutantJohn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 9:01:31 AM(edited)
BKB is boring.

And lol at Mek on a carry.

Edit : And oh God, Visual C++? What are you, a newb? L2 GNU C++.
---
"Is this city just a broth of thieves gone sour like milk rotting between your teeth?" - Why?
#29c2water099Posted 3/9/2014 9:38:37 AM
MutantJohn posted...
BKB is boring.

And lol at Mek on a carry.

Edit : And oh God, Visual C++? What are you, a newb? L2 GNU C++.

Dude Mek PA is legit. http://dotabuff.com/players/70388657/matches?hero=phantom-assassin&lobby_type=&game_mode=&match_type=real
#30MutantJohn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 10:54:03 AM
Wow. Literally, I'm amazed that build works so well.

I didn't believe it until I saw who it was then I was like, "Oh s***, I'ma go Mek PA because my w/l ratio with her is absolutely atrocious even though she's technically my "most successful" hero.
---
"Is this city just a broth of thieves gone sour like milk rotting between your teeth?" - Why?