I can't find a Hardware Eng. What am I doing wrong?

#1TopherTheChivesPosted 2/23/2011 5:13:46 PM
So I read online that to make a console, you need a Hardware Eng. Sources said that you need a LV 5 of all jobs, and I have one of each, including a Hacker, but I can't find any Hard Eng.

I have four Hall of Fame games, and I have a Runner-Up for best game. I have tried hiring them, using all Ads several times over. I have also tried career changes. However, I try to change somebody (I have two of the job I'm trying to change) and they can't switch to Hardware Engineer. What should I do?
---
Check out my YouTube Let's Play channel. It's not up and running yet, but it's close.
http://www.youtube.com/topherthechives
#2kmnm13Posted 2/23/2011 5:31:21 PM
You need to have one person who is a level 5 in all catergories. Once they have reached this, when you use a career change on them the option for hardware engineer will be available.
---
"You are my center, when I spin away...out of control on videotape"
#3climhazzard99Posted 2/23/2011 6:58:05 PM
1 guy has to be level 5 in coder, designer, snd engineer, producer and director then you'll get hardware engineer. Sad thing is...........he/she will be SUPER expensive.
---
PSN = Benyeh2000
skyo1234 "She personifies this board. A manly man impersonating a little girl. "
#4RayKnightPosted 2/23/2011 8:08:50 PM
When you get a console out, you'd really be making a lot more to earn back what you lost. But the process, like what Clim said, is expensive. Focus on buying all the Career Changing guides when you get the chance, you may want to not train that person so you won't waste money while trying to push that person to become a hardware engineer.
---
"It's kinda crazy with bells flying around and all that... like a bad LSD trip, I assume." ~ Zeppster497
#5TopherTheChives(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2011 1:55:15 PM
I have a level 5 every job. I can't find any Hard Eng. and I can't train anybody to be a Hard Eng. because it doesn't show up on the list when it asks what job to switch them to.
---
Check out my YouTube Let's Play channel. It's not up and running yet, but it's close.
http://www.youtube.com/topherthechives
#6RayKnightPosted 2/25/2011 12:16:23 AM
Every job? That'd mean that your Producer and Director are also Level 5? Have you unlocked them yet?
---
"It's kinda crazy with bells flying around and all that... like a bad LSD trip, I assume." ~ Zeppster497
#7RayKnightPosted 2/25/2011 1:11:53 AM
I think I get what's going on right now after reading your post.

The person which you want to change to a Hardware Engineer must master (level 5) all the below-mentioned jobs:
Coder
Writer
Designer
Sound Engineer
Producer
Director

Not like...say you have 2 characters. Character A got level 5 in Coder, Designer, Sound Engineer and Producer while Character B got level 5 in Coder, Writer, Director.

That does NOT unlock Hardware Engineer. To unlock it, Character A must master Director and Writer and only then will you be able to change Character A into a Hardware Engineer.

I hope I'm understanding your question and my provide make some sense.
---
#8climhazzard99Posted 2/25/2011 1:42:37 AM
and here i thought my post was pretty clear.
---
PSN = Benyeh2000
skyo1234 "She personifies this board. A manly man impersonating a little girl. "
#9RayKnightPosted 2/25/2011 2:13:29 AM
*my answer I provided

God, what's up with me and my bad sense of grammar and spelling today..ugh, sorry.
---
#10RayKnightPosted 2/25/2011 2:15:56 AM
I'm assuming he has a misconception / misunderstanding that to unlock a certain career path would be to have them at level 5 but not necessarily on one character. But I think that part was unclear somehow so I had to re-explain.

Unless the both of us are wrong and it was something else that's been affecting his failure to change to a hardware engineer.
---