English or Japanese voices?

#1vaynarkPosted 8/22/2011 9:46:36 AM
Any word on the voice acting for US version of the game? Is this game going to be in English voices & subtitles or can we change it into Japanese voice with English subtitles via their option menu or maybe DLC like in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 and Dynasty Warriors 7?
---
"Doomed planet, desperate scientist, last hope, kindly couple... Superman"
Lex Luthor, All Star Superman.
#2RagnawindPosted 8/24/2011 9:42:01 AM
vaynark posted...
Any word on the voice acting for US version of the game? Is this game going to be in English voices & subtitles or can we change it into Japanese voice with English subtitles via their option menu or maybe DLC like in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 and Dynasty Warriors 7?

Doubtful that the Japanese Audio would be included as an option, even for DLC. Natsume isn't large enough to acquire a license for the Japanese audio to be used. It is always cheaper for them to do the voices themselves. It is more money to license content from a game than it is to make it, when it comes to audio. DLC is probably out, since Natsume hasn't worked with DLC in the past, and probably don't plan to at this time. They usually try to make their localization as English-like, as they can, whenever possible.
#3InuSan3o19oPosted 9/7/2011 9:56:41 PM
From what I saw in the Japanese gameplay videos... It's not something you're going to be upset over not having.
---
Expect nothing for your contribution of nothing.
AIM: HideItzDannyDx
#4RenRen245Posted 9/20/2011 4:37:49 PM
InuSan3o19o posted...
From what I saw in the Japanese gameplay videos... It's not something you're going to be upset over not having.

Sonia's constent screaming in the background when your fighting whit azel was unbelivably annoying, She was basicly making 90% of the noise in fights to herself.

And as mentioned above i don't think natsume as the money to license jap audio, in many cases it's far more expensive to bring over jap audio then actually making your own dub.
#5futureicon23Posted 9/24/2011 10:41:40 AM
For those of you who have the PS3 version already is there Japanese audio option?
#6Three_Leaf_IvyPosted 9/25/2011 3:10:00 AM
Natsume's VP confirmed that there is a bunch of English voiced lines, but no Japanese voice option.
---
What?! Oh, let me turn my music down. Yeah, cool... I'm listening.
#7RagnawindPosted 9/25/2011 8:04:00 AM
futureicon23 posted...
For those of you who have the PS3 version already is there Japanese audio option?

Neither the PS3 or Wii version are out in enlgish yet, so no one can confirm for you. The English Version comes out on October 11.
#8hijokaidenPosted 9/25/2011 11:47:58 PM
Three_Leaf_Ivy posted...
Natsume's VP confirmed that there is a bunch of English voiced lines, but no Japanese voice option.

Thank God for getting rid of the annoying moonspeak.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#9Misono66Posted 9/27/2011 1:30:34 AM
I would have much preferred the Japanese dub myself but I think I can settle for the English one.

hijokaiden its not annoying at all what are you on about?
---
currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles
currently waiting for: Tales of Xillia(JPN), Atelier Totori(EU). BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II 3DS(EU)
#10RagnawindPosted 9/29/2011 8:32:40 AM
Misono66 posted...
I would have much preferred the Japanese dub myself but I think I can settle for the English one.

hijokaiden its not annoying at all what are you on about?

It is personally opinion. SOme people don't like listening to voices they don't understand