i would have likes the japanese voice track

#1mico_ongoPosted 10/9/2011 3:48:53 PM
i can't seem to get over the dubbing....i'd have prefer the japanese voice track with english subs as an option....

spoilers possibly

great game so far though....although i am a little set aside by the two people in one body deal....especially two different genders....and why does everyone accept it so easily....
#2KyerofoxPosted 10/9/2011 3:51:18 PM
this isnt genderbending in any way, just think of it as master chief an cortanna. and i heard once you get super far in the story they seperate or something.
---
PSN: Kyero
Dark Souls Name: Vahan
#3AquatrezPosted 10/9/2011 5:34:53 PM
I'm fine with the voice acting itself, it just bugs me that lines are voiced randomly. I would've preferred that they cut the voice acting entirely or had all scenes fully voiced or something. It's just so random which lines are voiced and which aren't, and it makes scenes awkward when characters will just randomly not talk.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0046 2186 0883
Pokemon White FC: 0905 2530 0686
#4zPolarPosted 10/9/2011 5:55:04 PM
As someone who hates dub, i find the voice acting for this slightly bearable. would prefer to have more cutesy voices though (E.g Pandora). Some of the character's voices seem too...mature for their look.

Anyway gotta agree with the random voicing which is irritating. Sometimes they just speak the first few words, while other times they speak the entire sentence.
#5futureicon23Posted 10/9/2011 5:59:23 PM
I see, that settles it. I'm getting Oceans instead for sure, it's just going to be a bit more difficult to play.
#6Unicorn_FirePosted 10/9/2011 10:01:04 PM
^ There IS an option to turn off the voice acting altogether. Perhaps that'll change your mind again?

(Really, it's not that bad... Just that they lowered the pitch of a lot of the characters, probably because getting extremely high pitched voice actors that can still act is probably a little more difficult to do here than in Japan. Violet is still pretty cutesy, though.)
---
I set unicorns on fire for fun. :D
#7RandugulfPosted 10/10/2011 12:37:43 AM
The japanese acting for this was actually pretty bad though. Really the dub is better.
---
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth." -Kahlil Gibran
#8Unicorn_FirePosted 10/10/2011 8:42:26 PM
^ Despite the Japanese's version's all-star cast... I have to agree. D; Sonia's original voice was just awful... Grated on my nerves badly. Her new one is much more enjoyable. I didn't like Azel's original VA so much, either; sounded like a girl...

The only ones I miss are Joe's and Electra's. Joe was Kamina, though, who is pretty much irreplaceable, anyway.
---
I set unicorns on fire for fun. :D