Rune Crystals

#11GDragon59Posted 10/22/2011 10:23:34 PM
Are you sure more rune crystals would spawn if you don't chop the trees down? I've only noticed them spawning after a tree fully grows and becomes harvestable. Witnessed it with one of my oaks where the beetle finished doing it's thing and the tree finished it's growth and a rune crystal literally popped out of the top of it before falling to the ground beside it.

=O I'll try it I guess and see. I got 500 oak (trying to get maple for my next spirit wand upgrade ><) so it's not like I'm in any need to chop them down again. <.<
---
Don't tempt me to do better. I'm lazy and shall continue at a snail's pace.
#12GDragon59Posted 10/23/2011 9:39:03 AM
Well after not chopping down my oaks after they were fully grown for two game weeks I did not acquire any new rune crystals after the 4 I picked up initially right after all my trees were fully grown.

So from this and what I had witnessed first hand when I was present on the island when one of the trees had it's final growth, I gathered that rune crystals will -ONLY- have a chance to appear when a tree just finishes fully growing. No amount of time waiting will cause more to just spawn. So...chop and re-plant first chance you get if you want to stock up on those crystals!
---
#13deadphoenixPosted 10/23/2011 10:33:27 AM
not really just leave the oaks alone they will give rune crystals in a while. same as rune factory frontier with fully grown crops in dungeons. i actually ignored my island for most of the game with the trees fully grown and i found rune crystal ocassionally.
---
PSN Id: Spectre605
#14AndieHartPosted 10/23/2011 1:27:34 PM
What are rune crystals for? Just crafting with and giving to Pandora?
#15GDragon59Posted 10/23/2011 1:42:06 PM(edited)
AndieHart posted...
What are rune crystals for? Just crafting with and giving to Pandora?

You can use them to recover 1151 hp and 559 RP too.

Anywho, I'm going to test it again. <.< This time a month. Spring island's trees are all fully grown now, I went around and collected the rune crystals from them finishing their growing cycle to make sure there were no rune crystals laying around for the test. While they remain untouched for that month I'll continue to chop down and replant the ones in summer and fall.

After a game month goes by we shall see my results. I still don't think the rune crystals will re-spawn, and believe it's merely a random thing that occurs when they reach that final growth. I shall see.
---
#16KiariyPosted 10/23/2011 1:51:51 PM

They restore all HP and RP =P
#17GDragon59Posted 10/23/2011 2:15:52 PM
Kiariy posted...

They restore all HP and RP =P

Oh is that so? =O Well then! I was wondering why the numbers shown were strange. Good to know, and glad I had been saving them up. x3
---
#18GDragon59Posted 10/24/2011 4:25:10 PM
deadphoenix posted...
not really just leave the oaks alone they will give rune crystals in a while. same as rune factory frontier with fully grown crops in dungeons. i actually ignored my island for most of the game with the trees fully grown and i found rune crystal ocassionally.

I think you were mistaken and likely only found a rune crystal you missed, or a tree that had -just- finished growing. I tested it again but with all islands this time around.

I have all 4 islands, all at 100%. (of course you can't grow trees on winter island, sadly v.v). I started during Winter 12 in my game with spring already having fully grown oaks. Summer I chopped half the trees and left the portions on the smaller islands alone, and fall I chopped all trees.

My results are the same. I never saw a single rune crystal on spring island, none of the trees I left alone produced one from summer island, and the ones I kept chopping and replanting gave me 2 - 5 rune crystals per harvest.

It is now Spring 1 for me in game, and I intend to go ahead with the promised month until Spring 12 comes around, though I'm positive nothing will be different.
---
#19FujibayashiSuzuPosted 10/24/2011 5:34:31 PM
Also RCs, unlike potions or food, will heal you instantly without having to go through a 3-4 second animation where you are vulnerable.

They're incredibly useful.