Characters

#11Unicorn_Fire(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2011 9:21:46 PM
I will update with Jaslyn and the Masked Man's profiles soon.
---
I set unicorns on fire for fun. :D
#12QuailManNXTPosted 1/31/2011 12:41:02 AM
The names just scream unoriginal yo.
---
From the planet Bob.
Patience. Intelligence. Speed.
#13Unicorn_Fire(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2011 1:08:50 PM(edited)
^ ...what? The names are fine. Almost all of them are completely normal names, apart from things like Electra and Bismark, and to the Japanese ear, they actually probably sound pretty exotic. Take note none of the other RF games have had overflowing amount of "original" names either.

What, would you rather them ALL have weird, meaningful, or even just plain made up names?

On a more relevant note, Jaslyn shares her voice actor, Saito Fuuko, with the Masked Man, so if you want a sample of her voice, go check out Jaslyn's voice clip. I'm REALLY hoping she can do a good bishounen imitation.
---
#14QuailManNXTPosted 1/31/2011 1:31:04 PM
It's called an opinion. I just think the names aren't original seeing as they reek of Harvest Moon names.
---
From the planet Bob.
#15Unicorn_Fire(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2011 8:28:10 PM(edited)
^ What are you talking abut? All the other RF games have had normal names too. In RF1, we have Tabatha, Bianca, Melody, Lara, Sharron, Tori, Felicity, and Lynette . In RF2, we have Alicia, Julia, Dorothy, and Cecilia. In RFF, we have Anette, Iris, and Eunice. In RF3, we have Sophia, Dahlia, Carmen, Colette, Karin(a), and Marion. These are all perfectly fine, normal, and at least not unheard of names. And those are only the bachelorettes.

Edit: Went and looked a couple up. Apparently Rosalind is a more well known name than I thought and was actually pretty popular in the 40s. Pia is rare, but apparently popular in some places in Europe. Also, take note that while Mei, Uzuki, Sakuya, and Yue sound exotic to our ears, they're just normal Japanese names. I've heard all but Uzuki used multiple times.
---
#16QuailManNXTPosted 1/31/2011 10:17:04 PM
Do you like to argue or something? I just think the names aren't original, that's all. They seem like typical RF and HM names imo. Why's that a problem yo?
---
From the planet Bob.
#17Unicorn_Fire(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2011 10:53:25 PM(edited)
^ Then what do you want? All of them to have awful made-up names like Merupurin? Which, by the way, is apparently the name of a drug if you romanize it right.

Of course they're typical RF names. This is a RF game.
---
#18Unicorn_Fire(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2011 12:16:51 AM
On a side note, it seems that people actually do read my translations because at least James' translation has spread to Ushi no Tane. I feel... happy somehow.
---
#19QuailManNXTPosted 2/1/2011 2:02:36 AM
And that has what to do with the point? I know what the game is. I'm just saying the names don't have to be so unoriginal yo. Again it's an opinion.
---
From the planet Bob.
#20deedeedina232Posted 2/1/2011 11:20:31 AM

^ Yo.