Final Boss tips? *spoilers*

#1MikalobePosted 11/2/2011 12:22:44 AM(edited)
Honestly, I didn't see that coming... anyway, I'll be referring to the Final Boss as 'it' though, just in case someone stumbles in here by accident.

I can get it down to near dead until it starts the clones. As I've read around, you get a life for every one person you have 6 FP with and including 2 bonus life from two others who don't need the 6 FP. Sadly, I've only gotten four people to 6 FP so far. So, I have 6 lives. (I plan to up like two more people.)

To my surprise, one of the clones had stopped moving, so I guess that meant that I'd killed it. I read that they don't despawn and HAVE to be killed... SO! What I want to know is...

1. When is the perfect time to heal without interference? (I've gotten lucky once or twice during it's 'laughing phase' until the clones launch themselves at me and practically Sword Dance me to death.)

2. Why the FUDGE does my Auto-Target disappear? That totally messes me up. (Can only rely on the map when running around. I'm going to guess this is what's supposed to happen. REALLY bites.)

3. Best weapon + combos? (I'm using the Wind Rod with Fleet Foot and jumping into the air a lot to avoid slashes and ground assaults, then air dashing away.)

4. How many times does that massive battlefield attack happen? (That holy like attack that pretty much kills you in one hit. I've lost like 2-3 lives to that.)

5. Let's say I defeat all the clones... will it summon them again?

Honest answers only please. Thank you.
#2Satandrummr666Posted 11/2/2011 1:14:04 AM
First off, just to avoid confusion, only the marriage candidates (both male and female) actually give extra lives. You won't get one from people like Bacchus, Gerard, Jocelyn, etc. As far as I know the two extras happen no matter what, but I only did the fight once, so I'm not sure on that one. Judging by who they are, though, I doubt anything you do affects it.

1. When is the perfect time to heal without interference? (I've gotten lucky once or twice during it's 'laughing phase' until the clones launch themselves at me and practically Sword Dance me to death.)

When the clones are out, unless you're down to one of them, give up on the idea of healing. You basically want to have enough lives to last through the first two, then you can start healing when just one and the true boss remain. Fleet Foot helps a lot with that. Run and heal, turn and cast.

2. Why the FUDGE does my Auto-Target disappear? That totally messes me up. (Can only rely on the map when running around. I'm going to guess this is what's supposed to happen. REALLY bites.)

What I did that fight was I used staff to survive up to the spawning of the clones, then switched to Dual Blades. They're better at close-quarters, and the clones will not let you run away to cast spells. They mob you. I think I had all but one person at 6 FP so I had a lot of lives, but it only took me about 4 or 5 to last through the clones with Dual Blade flurries.

3. Best weapon + combos? (I'm using the Wind Rod with Fleet Foot and jumping into the air a lot to avoid slashes and ground assaults, then air dashing away.)

See my comments above. If you have the Ultimate for Dual Blade and can pull that off, it really helps (skill level 13), since you're invincible during the attack animation, but it's unlikely with 3 clones out just because they keep smacking you down.

4. How many times does that massive battlefield attack happen? (That holy like attack that pretty much kills you in one hit. I've lost like 2-3 lives to that.)

Don't remember this, sorry. With staff hit-and-run I only died to the actual boss once, when I didn't notice my RP ran out and killed myself with magic usage. The clones are the only real issue imo.

It didn't for me, and I took about 5 minutes after killing the clones to kill the boss because I got really unlucky with him using attacks that take a long time which you can't attack during, like the tornado move. So I can't say for sure, but I highly doubt it.
---
|C|L|E|A|V|A|G|E|
My Anti-Drug
#3bond007106Posted 11/2/2011 7:50:44 AM
I used a katana and copious amounts of Dodge Strike to defeat the final boss.
That super-attack will come at set intervals; so the more time you take, the more you'll be subjected to it.
Also, you do not have to defeat the clones. I didn't defeat a single one of them. I just kept attacking the real boss, and once their health bar got down to a tenth-or-so, it reabsorbed the clones (restoring some of its health in the process. But it never summons the clones again, so that doesn't matter).
#4RininPosted 11/2/2011 9:03:20 AM
1. When is the perfect time to heal without interference?

For the clones part, for me it was similar to the moleman's "bombs". Just slow down a tiny bit, so the clones start swiping you. As soon as they begin to attack, speed back up and immediately heal. I've found that by abusing that trick it worked pretty well. An important thing to note is that I had the Fleet Floot rune ability equipped with a staff

2. Why the FUDGE does my Auto-Target disappear? That totally messes me up.

I'd imagine your "Auto-Target" is your staff's homing. You have to be facing the boss or in a certain "range". Imagine a small circle around your character, where you are the center. If anything is in this circle, you will target it. If you're too far away, or not facing, you won't target. That being said, even if you are facing the boss, but the boss is too far away, your spells won't reach as they disappear after a certain distance.

3. Best weapon + combos?

I crafted the Legendary Staff and abused the "powerful magic" combo.

4. How many times does that massive battlefield attack happen?

It happens at set intervals, for me, my battle lasted about 15~ or so minutes, and the boss used it 4 times(not counting the initial cutscene-related one)

Nope. I daresay you don't even have to defeat the clones. I just concentrated on running away, hitting the boss, running away. Eventually the boss will "absorb" the clones and replenish health and at the very end a clone or two will just stand there doing nothing before disappearing
#5bladexdslPosted 11/2/2011 9:06:14 AM
never had a problem with the final boss took my ultimate curry, legend duel swords, 3 elementals and ultimate equips and slammed him...her. max damg i got dealt i think was 50 :P
#6weemadarthurPosted 11/2/2011 9:40:39 AM
If by wind rod you mean the first low level one, you really need a better weapon.

I used a Dark Rod and still used about 10 of the free heals, but I did defeat it on the first try. My armor was not spectacular.
---
"You're right. And when you're right, you're right. And you, you're always right!"
#7Tales-UmbreonPosted 11/2/2011 11:28:35 AM

I didn't see that coming either much, after defeating the Legendary Golem, which really was to easy I didn't expect to fight, "it" much. I kind of thought you might have to fight that person, just not quite how the story went with it. The clones totally ticked me off to, I kept avoiding them and focused on the main boss, healing when the clones got there was a mega pain, so I gave up and let myself die, since I had only died once before, I also had around 8 people at 6 FP's, which helped a lot. If you are a level above 55 it should be easy, I was a level 50 and it was a little hard.

#8Mikalobe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2011 12:48:26 PM(edited)
@Satandrummr666

Very very good advice and exactly the answers I was hoping for. My Aden is somewhat proficient with Dual Blades, Hammers/Axes and Staves. I need to bring my Forging level up though to craft better blades (I still only have the Sparklers XD). I have the materials needed to make the higher ends, but not enough level to craft it.

That sucks that non-marriage people don't give lives. I brought Kelsey up for nothing. (Just kidding, Kels. c: )

Thank you for that info.

@bond007106

Unfortunately, I don't like the katana as much as I do the other weapons, so I won't be trying out this tactic. Although that was nice to know about the clones and the ultimate battlefield death attack.

@Rinin

This answers my healing question. :P
I just kept running and running, hoping that once they disappeared from the radar, I could eat. Then BAM! Red dot shoots across! Oh shi-! Dx

I don't think I will be crafting the Legendary Staff. Not that I have a choice. I don't even have the recipe yet. (I don't want to know how to get it either.)

@bladexdsl

What the... max damage was 50?? That can't be right... My wind rod was hitting 99 at the least with each slice. Oh wait... unless you meant the damage it was doing to YOU. Then yeah, I see how that is. My armor is ok... could use an upgrade though. lol

@weemadarthur

Yeah, I think my armor kinda sucks at the moment. I've got either the Memory Garland or Lily's Hairpin (lol on Aden, but very cute still) and some brooch with a Gold Bracelet. :x

As for the staff, I don't know of another Wind Rod (I don't have the recipe for the Legendary or Dark staff either. Highest staff on my list is the Meteor Staff.) ... it's the one that uses Luftmeser magic or whatever. Thing is, I don't want Aden to be using any other stave. I planned to have each character be more rounded in specific weapons, but am using the Wind Rod because it has a cheap attack that's helped me with past bosses. :P

@Tales-Umbreon

All because the "Masked Man" spoke like a man (sexy familiar voice, I might add) was what threw me off. When I heard the newborn Arch Dragon for the first time in Odette, I was like... OMG... Odette is actually a MAN?! It's like... it's like... B.C. from Vandread! OMG!!

Yeah, I freaked for a bit until I heard her explanation. XD
Also, I'm level 36 right now... I might level to 40. I dunno.

@Everyone
Thank you for all your help. I just hope I can time this right and then FINALLY beat the game. (I'm clocked in at over 60 hours atm .-.)
#9RininPosted 11/2/2011 1:06:28 PM
Your time clocked is pretty average. I think I was around 90~ hours entering the final fight.

To level up Forging easily. Craft a Silver Hammer (Iron Hammer +2 Silver + 1 Insect Skin), and you can "reforge it", level 25 forging that uses Silver Hammer + 2 scrap iron to make Silver Hammer.

This can also be utilized with the Lumber Axe(Chopping Axe + Silver + Thin Stick + Sharp Talon), Intermediate Pole, and Steel Sickle.

Afterwards once you hit 35 forging you start "reforging" the Golden Hammer, which requires 55 forging to "reforge".

Took me about 8-9~ stacks of scrap iron from Elena to make it to forging 79, which is sufficient to craft everything up to forging 99.

You can easily boost this up in one game day, just cook lots of food. Though in real life... it'll take a while.

You can get armor recipes from Electra, though leveling up crafting is slightly more painful.

Wind Rod is the highest "wind" type rod I believe. The Legendary Staff and higher staff recipes are obtained from both of Pandora's 4 FP Requests.

The Legendary Staff is "null element", as it doesn't level up any of your element skills, just staff skill.
#10Mikalobe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2011 3:34:09 PM
Rinin posted...
Your time clocked is pretty average. I think I was around 90~ hours entering the final fight.

To level up Forging easily. Craft a Silver Hammer (Iron Hammer +2 Silver + 1 Insect Skin), and you can "reforge it", level 25 forging that uses Silver Hammer + 2 scrap iron to make Silver Hammer.

This can also be utilized with the Lumber Axe(Chopping Axe + Silver + Thin Stick + Sharp Talon), Intermediate Pole, and Steel Sickle.

Afterwards once you hit 35 forging you start "reforging" the Golden Hammer, which requires 55 forging to "reforge".

Took me about 8-9~ stacks of scrap iron from Elena to make it to forging 79, which is sufficient to craft everything up to forging 99.

You can easily boost this up in one game day, just cook lots of food. Though in real life... it'll take a while.

You can get armor recipes from Electra, though leveling up crafting is slightly more painful.

Wind Rod is the highest "wind" type rod I believe. The Legendary Staff and higher staff recipes are obtained from both of Pandora's 4 FP Requests.

The Legendary Staff is "null element", as it doesn't level up any of your element skills, just staff skill.

I just did the forging bit with my Intermediate Fishing Rod. It had the 2 scrap metals too, only it was only level 25. At the Easy difficulty, it took 11 rods to make in order to increase my forging by one level. 14 rods once it became Very Easy.

Thanks for the staff recipe locations, but I think I said earlier that I didn't want to know of how to get it. I like to find things out on my own. XP

On a Side Note: I BEAT THE FINAL BOSS! ^^
It wasn't as hard as it was the second time around. I still had the same equipments... just a lot more food for healing and I got Royal Curry from a request from Odette, so that really helped. I think the reason why I didn't make it the first time was because I didn't bring my monsters with me to distract the clones while I pounded on them.