Missable Events or Things you can miss in this game

#1anamiable1Posted 11/7/2011 11:01:43 AM
A couple of threads prompted me to start this topic.

After the Fireworks Festival after 6:00 p.m., Joe sells monster drop items at the church plaza store. When does his store close that evening?

According to another post, during the Lantern Festival, you can be "Mock Married" to someone. The option to do this is random, so you may need to save and reload several times. I'm wondering if anyone has tested this.

Anything else out there we should know about?
#2eSheronPosted 11/7/2011 11:04:25 AM

Kelsey's riddle - got to get it right. otherwise you can't get the toy recipes till way later in the game.

#3Satandrummr666Posted 11/7/2011 11:04:58 AM
During Kelsey's quest to get his rosary back, you should intentionally cancel the mission 3 times after getting it so you have enough for Pandora's eventual rosary quest?

I haven't tried this but the idea came to mind a while back. If it works, certainly easier than spamming Handknit Scarves to level 60-80 skill.
---
|C|L|E|A|V|A|G|E|
My Anti-Drug
#4HitTheGroundWalPosted 11/7/2011 11:07:47 AM
With the rosary, I'm relatively certain that it isn't a normal rosary, but a key item. Not entirely sure though.
---
It's supposed to be HitTheGroundWalking.
#5anamiable1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2011 11:24:38 AM
There was a quest (I believe from Beatrix, but can't find it in my quest log) where I was rewarded a hairpin.

I should have saved it for Electra's request for a hairpin, because I wasn't able to craft one at the time.

Improving crafting skills quickly is a must in this game.
#6Myscon00Posted 11/7/2011 1:53:23 PM
I don't think the Rosary quest Kelsey gave you will work. Because the item is "key" and "valuable memento".

HOWEVER I have not tested giving -this specific- rosary to Pandora.

I can't actually because I already finished the Kelsey request.

IN SHORT: I don't think the rosary from Kelsey's request can be used for anything else.
#7Sirian_HawkPosted 11/7/2011 1:54:54 PM
anamiable1 posted...
There was a quest (I believe from Beatrix, but can't find it in my quest log) where I was rewarded a hairpin.

I should have saved it for Electra's request for a hairpin, because I wasn't able to craft one at the time.

Improving crafting skills quickly is a must in this game.

It was from Lily or Odette. I know because I got it in the inn from the girl behind the counter. I am 90% certain that it was Lily's "get me ingredients" (Rice and egg) quest after she is FP6, but I had done the Odette "cleaning the shrine" quest around then too so it might be that one.

As for the Rosary, it is actually called "Kelsey's Rosary" when it is in your inventory so it probably would not work.

To add to the topic though, cancelling Elena's delivery quest a few times is good way to stock up on magic crystals for later crafting while you wait for a monster to mine/drop it.
---
"To hell with your spoiled baby! Zoidberg needs those shoes!"
#8benjistarsPosted 11/14/2011 6:31:17 PM
if you are given the protein boost drink from a quest just keep it,

much later Pandora wants a protein boost in a quest and i just gave this one i had to her because i was not able to make it anyway,

and she gave me a small crystal which i needed to make a better sword.

(unless you can make a protein boost.)
it takes a very long time for the monster to make the small crystal and for it to grow.
#9anamiable1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 6:34:43 PM
How do you get the recipe to make the protein boost? I've completed the game and am married and still don't have the recipe.
#10HitTheGroundWalPosted 11/14/2011 6:37:59 PM
You don't. I have all the Pharmacy recipes, and I can't make any of those.
---
It's supposed to be HitTheGroundWalking.