gamepro aticle reveals alot of info

#1spiderspud007Posted 3/3/2011 7:03:12 AM
gamepro website got a preview with the game and they relveal alot of information http://www.gamepro.com/article/previews/218390/gdc-2011-cartoon-network-punch-time-explosion-preview/
#2spiderspud007(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2011 7:05:02 AM
some of the main info is :

# Aside from two secret characters we didn't see, the full list of fighters includes 18 playable characters from 11 Cartoon Network shows and 19 assist characters that you can summon and use anytime. Including bosses and background characters, the game has over 50 characters in total. Punch Time Explosion's official roster includes Ben and Vilgax (from Ben 10); Blossom, Bubbles, Buttercup, Mojo Jojo (The PowerPuff Girls); Flapjack and Captain K'nuckles (The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack); Mac and Bloo (Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends); Dexter, Monkey (Dexter's Laboratory); Grim, Billy, and Mandy (The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy); Chowder and Kimchi (Chowder), Jack (Samurai Jack); Numbuh One, and Father (Codename: Kids Next Door).

# We also saw Johnny Bravo, Numbuh Two (Codename: Kids Next Door), HIM (The PowerPuff Girls), Aku (Samurai Jack), Kevin 11 (Ben 10), and Coco (Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends) as assist characters.

# Punch Time Explosion's a "2.5D" fighter that directly mimics the formula of Super Smash Bros. -- players fight with a variety of moves distinct to each character, racking up enough damage on opponents to knock them out of the level.

# With "Story Mode," the original plot comes from the Cartoon Network, allowing for 6 or 7 hours of solo gameplay. Several Cartoon Network shows are in the story mode, with all the different worlds crossing over throughout the story. You can replay unlockable characters in different levels.

# In Story Mode, you can pick a team of four characters that you can swap into the action at anytime. Many of the Cartoon Network-based levels also offer a variety of challenges that use elements from certain genres, including puzzles, shooting galleries, and scrolling beat-'em-up gameplay. Every character has four distinct outfits and a super attack with a cinematic scene.

# Aside from Story Mode, Punch Time Explosion also has a "Battle Mode" that supports four-player Wi-Fi. Of the 32 levels in the game, 21 are battle arenas specifically for multiplayer.

# Using 3DS Download Play, up to four players can match up in Battle Mode off of a single cartridge.

# Much of the voice talent comes from the actors from the various Cartoon Network shows. When I was selecting characters during my demo session, each one was announced by George Lowe, the voice of Space Ghost.

# A potential console release down the road is set to include PS3 Move and Microsoft Kinect features plus an expanded roster.

Point in development cycle: Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion is due for release this May. What I saw during my demo session was a mid-beta version running on 3DS test kits. Papaya Studio is currently working on performance and connectivity.Although I'm interested in seeing such a huge number of old and new Cartoon Network characters in one huge crossover, I was a bit let down by the somewhat clunky combat. Then again, fighting games on the DS aren't a common thing, and I don't expect a game like this to be as technically tight as, say, Bleach: Dark Souls. I might have just grown out of the target demographics for this one. We also had a number of connectivity issues trying to set up games, although it seemed to be an issue with the 3DS kits.

again this is all from gamepro magazine
#3BooarioPosted 3/4/2011 4:05:02 AM
I knew him was going to be in some form. >.>

But Anyway... No Courage? D'=
#4capgamerPosted 3/4/2011 12:28:06 PM
I'm kind of sad about no Courage and no Mandark. Oh well, maybe they'll show up in one form or another.
---
It's like racism, except to only one person. -Todasmile
It's tough never being right. - Eric Shinseki
#5hydra_dragonPosted 3/4/2011 1:28:10 PM
Will this have online wi-fi or local wi-fi?
#6yunalenne10Posted 3/11/2011 6:25:39 PM(edited)
# Aside from two secret characters we didn't see, the full list of fighters includes 18 playable characters from 11 Cartoon Network shows and 19 assist characters that you can summon and use anytime. Including bosses and background characters, the game has over 50 characters in total. Punch Time Explosion's official roster includes Ben and Vilgax (from Ben 10); Blossom, Bubbles, Buttercup, Mojo Jojo (The PowerPuff Girls); Flapjack and Captain K'nuckles (The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack); Mac and Bloo (Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends); Dexter, Monkey (Dexter's Laboratory); Grim, Billy, and Mandy (The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy); Chowder and Kimchi (Chowder), Jack (Samurai Jack); Numbuh One, and Father (Codename: Kids Next Door).

# We also saw Johnny Bravo, Numbuh Two (Codename: Kids Next Door), HIM (The PowerPuff Girls), Aku (Samurai Jack), Kevin 11 (Ben 10), and Coco (Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends) as assist characters.

Very cool stuff, but I'm kind of disappointed in having all 3 Powerpuff Girls as mains though. IMO, they should've just added Blossom as the main, with her sisters as assists only. That way, they could've added other characters from other shows. =(

EDIT: # A potential console release down the road is set to include PS3 Move and Microsoft Kinect features plus an expanded roster.

Oh, snap! More fighting games for my PS3. @_@
---
"The more beautiful and pure a thing is...the more satisfying it is to corrupt it, isn't it?" - /b/