What happened to Cartoon Network on Friday nights?

#1MikeD109Posted 9/5/2011 10:19:27 AM
I remember when I was younger, I would come home on friday and be releaved that the school week was over. I would also be looking forward to stay up until 1 a.m. to watch Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends(That was my favorite show EVER). Now it's just adult swim. I like the shows on adult swim but watching cartoon network all night was special to me. Now they made new shows and I like them too, but I wish that Cartoon Network could bring back those friday nights and show all of the older cartoons that they don't show any more. Examples; Fosters Home, Ed,Edd n Eddy, Courage, Samurai Jack, Camp Lazlo, Chowder, Flapjack, Grim adventures and much more. This way, all week long you can watch the newer shows and all friday night you can watch the older shows.And maybe, Tom from Toonami could host it.(I HIGHLY DOUBT ANY OF THIS WILL HAPPEN). But that would be so cool. Comment below if you agree.
#2WHYTBCPosted 9/5/2011 10:20:49 AM

I agree because that was my other account. I would've made the thread on this one but for some reason it did'nt let me.

#3PressStartPlzPosted 9/18/2011 2:55:56 PM
I hear ya. I'd give anything to see CN go back to its roots. None of the stuff they show now is remotely entertaining (especially those friggin' reality shows). I feel bad for the kids nowadays who have to grow up watching crap like "Destroy Build Destroy" and "Dude, What Would Happen?". I absolutely loved Friday nights, but even they managed to screw Fridays up when they had Fried Dynamite; glad that's gone. And, of course, there's absolutely NO ANIME WHATSOEVER ON CN. At least, no good anime. I really miss the days when CN was really, really good. Now, it just sucks. If they bring Toonami back and bring back all their old shows, I'd start watching CN again.

No doubt about it, the 90's-early 2000's were CN's glory days.
---
Not changing my sig until Arc System Works makes a new Guilty Gear.
#4WHYTBCPosted 9/19/2011 2:03:15 AM

PressStartPlz posted...
I hear ya. I'd give anything to see CN go back to its roots. None of the stuff they show now is remotely entertaining (especially those friggin' reality shows). I feel bad for the kids nowadays who have to grow up watching crap like "Destroy Build Destroy" and "Dude, What Would Happen?". I absolutely loved Friday nights, but even they managed to screw Fridays up when they had Fried Dynamite; glad that's gone. And, of course, there's absolutely NO ANIME WHATSOEVER ON CN. At least, no good anime. I really miss the days when CN was really, really good. Now, it just sucks. If they bring Toonami back and bring back all their old shows, I'd start watching CN again.

No doubt about it, the 90's-early 2000's were CN's glory days.
---
Not changing my sig until Arc System Works makes a new Guilty Gear.

Exactly! Im happy I finally found someone who understands. Heres a list of shows that should come on friday nights;

Dexters Labortory

Johnny Bravo

The Power Puff Girls

Ed, Edd n Eddy

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Samurai Jack

Codename: Kids Next Door

The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends

Camp Lazlo

My Gym Partner's a Monkey

Ben 10(Original)

Chowder

The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

Robotboy

DBZ!!!!!

#5kenshejoePosted 9/21/2011 3:03:16 PM
Yeah I ditched cartoon network a long time ago. Now I'm watching Hasbro's the Hub and sometimes Nicktoons Network.
#6WHYTBCPosted 9/21/2011 3:12:28 PM

Yeah, No one cares about you or what you have to say Kenshejoe.

#7kenshejoePosted 9/22/2011 11:59:07 AM
WHYTBC posted...
Yeah, No one cares about you or what you have to say Kenshejoe.

Are you still butthurt over how I won in that argument? How cute.
#8WHYTBCPosted 9/22/2011 12:42:46 PM

Wow, I think it's cute how you think you won that argument. Do us all a favor and keep your little baby comments to yourself. No one likes you, and if you keep acting like this, no one ever will.

#9kenshejoePosted 9/22/2011 2:58:14 PM
WHYTBC posted...
Wow, I think it's cute how you think you won that argument. Do us all a favor and keep your little baby comments to yourself. No one likes you, and if you keep acting like this, no one ever will.

You said that the argument was giving you a headache and told me to shut up. You lost that argument. And do you act like this in real life? I'm seriously beginning to think you don't have many friends yourself if any. I know my friends don't act like that(Inb4 imaginary friends insult). So I'm off to do my homework now so ta ta
#10WHYTBCPosted 9/22/2011 6:00:26 PM

kenshejoe posted...
WHYTBC posted...

You said that the argument was giving you a headache and told me to shut up. You lost that argument. And do you act like this in real life? I'm seriously beginning to think you don't have many friends yourself if any. I know my friends don't act like that(Inb4 imaginary friends insult). So I'm off to do my homework now so ta ta

wow, you know only gay people say ta ta.