Column combo?

#1mussolmanPosted 12/22/2010 10:02:38 AM
How does it work?
#2Missile129Posted 12/22/2010 1:01:45 PM
I believe, but don't quote me on this, it's any move which destroys all the ice - basically vertical matches. It's not necessarily consecutive matches, and I think any move which completely destroys a rising ice column will also count (such as a Hyper Cube)
---
Common Sense is the least common of all senses.
#3mussolman(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2010 5:37:55 AM
I first thought it meant consecutive pillar breaks, but I counted 17 of those, and after the game it showed a column combo of 7.
#4Missile129Posted 12/24/2010 4:00:25 AM
OK, I've done some more runs to try and figure this out. It seems speed is definitely a factor (makes sense as the mode comes from Lightning), but other than that I'm still no closer to figuring it out lol =/
---
#5BillmaanPosted 1/4/2011 5:46:30 PM
I believe, but don't quote me on this, it's any move which destroys all the ice - basically vertical matches. It's not necessarily consecutive matches, and I think any move which completely destroys a rising ice column will also count (such as a Hyper Cube)

I'm pretty sure this is all there is to it. Any move that "shatters" a column adds to your combo. (It's not enough just to push the column all the way down; you need to completely destroy it.) You don't have to make these moves consecutively, but you do need to make them in quick succession.

Do Hyper Cubes actually shatter columns, though? I don't think they do.
#6Missile129Posted 1/5/2011 7:16:48 AM
I may be mistaken, but I thought pushing Ice so far down that it is no longer on the screen counted towards a combo. It was probably a vertical match that happened as a result of my Hyper Cube ;p
---