Why would one start up a pure strategy game type?

#1Dark VaporeonPosted 10/29/2011 7:03:43 PM
I just did one to wave 13 and got bored to hell

So I guess, is there like anything special for it ?

Tried to search using pure and strategy didnt find anything so was wondering =/

Cheers
---
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Eternity ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When yesterday is gone, and tomorrow never comes.
#2BassGsSpDeluxePosted 10/29/2011 7:07:11 PM
You've never actually played Tower Defense games before, have you? Granted, the TD elements in DD are nothing compared to the likes of, say, Defense Grid, but it's still a nice nod to DD's origins/inspiration.
---
Now Playing - Nothing...yet /// Waiting For - Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 (Now with 4p co-op <win!>), Saint's Row the 3rd
#3Dark Vaporeon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2011 7:16:17 PM
Never played 3D versions of it,
But I mean, whats the idea of having this toon when you cant do anything...
---
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Eternity ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When yesterday is gone, and tomorrow never comes.
#4JRodslegendPosted 10/29/2011 9:07:57 PM
Wave 15 of survival gives you a unique pet for every level you complete. Difficulty determines starting stats.
I'm not too sure why no one has verified if this is true for pure strategy yet, but you picked a really bad wave to stop on if the same holds true for it
#5ashphoenix77Posted 10/30/2011 1:34:07 AM
its also a good way to get mana...lv 11 is the highest i can get so far and its INSANE the amount of items that drop
---
Xbox 360 :Avendosorra
35 - Idol-- Account Created Monday, April 4, 2005 6:24 PM
#6KainVermillionPosted 10/30/2011 3:28:00 AM
Yes, you do get the pet on Pure Strategy as well. You can also still get the pet if you start at wave 8, same with the accomplishment for wave 10 on all levels.
---
PSN: KainVermillion
CP Map: Strength 1149, Pirate Farm: Strength 347123
#7LordRavielPosted 10/30/2011 6:32:16 AM(edited)
I should point out Pure Strategy enemies have no elemental immunities which can be great for Tower speced Apprentice and Huntress and pretty much essential for the Monk. The fact the enemies also completely ignore you and don't obstruct you gives you the freedom to run around checking equipment.

There are also some strategies you can use to get quite far like upgrading to repair towers and perhaps more usefully reset the activations on traps, I also imagine the demon pets would be useful as they can repair towers and auras (but not traps) by standing near them allowing you to keep going in the 10+ waves where the endurance of your towers beomes and issue. lastl;y guardians are a great pet choise as you can increase the damage, attack speed, damage resistance or range of towers to help in a tight situation. I have to say I havn't seen anything funnier than 3 characters with Monk, Apprentice and Huntress Guardians stood next to a Proximity mine.
---
Dungeon Defenders is possibly the best download game ever.
Currently Playing: WKC2 and Disgaea 4
#8giantashsnakePosted 10/30/2011 8:46:25 AM

Wave 15 of survival gives you a unique pet for every level you complete. Difficulty determines starting stats.
I'm not too sure why no one has verified if this is true for pure strategy yet, but you picked a really bad wave to stop on if the same holds true for it

Do you mean that you get a unique pet at levels 15, 16, 17, etc? or just every 15 levels? I'm confused by what you're saying.
#9EverZealousPosted 10/30/2011 8:56:32 AM
giantashsnake posted...
Do you mean that you get a unique pet at levels 15, 16, 17, etc? or just every 15 levels? I'm confused by what you're saying.

Getting to level 15 in survival mode on each stage gets you a pet. Getting to 15 on Deeper Well gets you a unique pet, getting to survival stage 15 on forges and foundries gets you a unique pet, etc etc.

As for pure strategy, you play it for the accomplishment. And the challenge I guess. Otherwise, no. Removing what is arguably the biggest part of the game isn't fun at all.
---
I've been confused with the following people: Zelos71, OverZealous
I put this in my signature with the hopes it does not happen again.