The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Casting rate...what's the point?

#1EverZealousPosted 10/31/2011 10:09:33 PM
I played around a bit with casting rate when I was mage, and it didn't seem to do anything, so when I made my DPS Huntress, I went damage/speed/health/piercing shot and totally ignored it.

Since I was playing online, I decided to respec the piercing shot points into casting rate so I could repair/upgrade with a decent speed. I tried making traps before and after, and it doesn't seem to do a damn thing. I checked to see if I repair faster...and it doesn't seem like it. If there is any increase, it's so small that it feels irrelevant. I put 70 points into it...shouldn't I have seen a difference >_>
---
I've been confused with the following people: Zelos71, OverZealous
I put this in my signature with the hopes it does not happen again.
#2JRodslegendPosted 10/31/2011 10:31:38 PM
I notice a massive difference, I don't see how you possibly can't.
Unless your doing it in the build phase, in which everything is sped up.
But trying to solo insane is almost impossible with a slow casting rate hero.
Every second counts when your constantly on a time limit.
Its most noticeable when repairing high HP turrets, or upgrading them.
Go ahead and try to 3 star a turret with no points in casting rate. When you finally wake up and try with someone with 100 total points, there's almost a full 15sec difference. That's a massive change when your trying to upgrade 7+ towers on insane.
Good luck
#3IlluminaaPosted 10/31/2011 10:53:33 PM
Don't kill your piercing shot if you call yourself DPS huntress. Remove your health :) And casting rate is very important, I always had it maxed, then I started a new hero. 0 casting speed upgrades slower in build phase than 90 casting in combat phase I found out then.
---
GT : Celestial Letum
#4EverZealous(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2011 11:25:48 PM
JRodslegend posted...
I notice a massive difference, I don't see how you possibly can't.
Unless your doing it in the build phase, in which everything is sped up.
But trying to solo insane is almost impossible with a slow casting rate hero.
Every second counts when your constantly on a time limit.
Its most noticeable when repairing high HP turrets, or upgrading them.
Go ahead and try to 3 star a turret with no points in casting rate. When you finally wake up and try with someone with 100 total points, there's almost a full 15sec difference. That's a massive change when your trying to upgrade 7+ towers on insane.
Good luck

Well, I tried it in the tavern...but when I was playing The Summit with some randoms today on hard I didn't notice any difference. Perhaps I need to compare it side by side or something, I couldn't see a noticeable difference between 0 and 70.
---
#5hauntbotPosted 10/31/2011 11:44:18 PM
EverZealous posted...

Well, I tried it in the tavern...but when I was playing The Summit with some randoms today on hard I didn't notice any difference. Perhaps I need to compare it side by side or something, I couldn't see a noticeable difference between 0 and 70.

herp de herp.

casting rate is set at a flat, fast speed in the tavern and during build turns *unless* youre playing on insane or with a time limit.

try repairing something in the middle of a battle phase with 0 cast rate compared to oh...say... 80 cast rate.

hell, try healing yourself during an actual battle.

youll notice the difference.

the game homogenizes casting times to very fast rates in situations where cast rate doesnt matter- such as tavern casting, or casting during a build phase in a game with no time limit.

this is done in the interest of helping players save time, so dont try to say its stupid of them or something likewise ludicrous.
---
NV 4 LYFE!!!1111(not changing dis sig until fo4 comes out.... or my a.d.d. distracts me & i sig something stupid)
#6EverZealous(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2011 11:58:26 PM
herp de herp.

I guess you consciously ignored the part where I said I didn't notice a difference playing The Summit on hard difficulty too, right?
---
#7jokering12345Posted 11/1/2011 1:01:56 AM
Yes you played on "Hard", but did you bother to build and repair during the "BATTLE" phases and NOT THE "BUILD PHASE"? It might not be too apparent (if we give you the benefit of the doubt) for the first thing you build, or event he first upgrade, but once you start getting any higher the building/repair rate is dramatically different between a hero with 0 points compared to someone with 80.
#8EverZealous(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2011 1:35:22 AM
jokering12345 posted...
Yes you played on "Hard", but did you bother to build and repair during the "BATTLE" phases and NOT THE "BUILD PHASE"? It might not be too apparent (if we give you the benefit of the doubt) for the first thing you build, or event he first upgrade, but once you start getting any higher the building/repair rate is dramatically different between a hero with 0 points compared to someone with 80.

Yes I did. I'll try upgrading to a 3 star tower like the person suggested. Perhaps it's harder to notice on weaker stuff.
---
#9KainVermillionPosted 11/1/2011 2:54:36 AM
Healing speed is very noticeable as well. Let yourself get beat up a lot and heal with/without casting rate. Enormous difference in speed.
---
PSN: KainVermillion
CP Map: Strength 1149, Pirate Farm: Strength 347123
#10Max58201Posted 11/1/2011 3:31:50 AM
my squire only has 46 in casting speed *from equipment* and when i made a monk and started lvling him on ramparts insane my first thought was...."Was my building speed this fricken slow when i was new?"
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples