Dual Manifest Swordfighting?

#1Roc10Posted 9/4/2012 2:34:32 PM
I unlocked the Shinobi Dual Stance and then Unlocked the other Dual Stance right after. I understand that Dual Manifest Swordfighting comes with it, but I don't have it. Do I need to buy it first? or can I find it?
#2PLZKLLME0080Posted 9/4/2012 2:38:13 PM
The same thing happened to me. I think because you already have a Dual-shinobi style as your dual-arms style, it didn't give one to you for unlocking it. This is assuming you need at least one style for any given weapon you can use.
#3Rafahil19Posted 9/4/2012 2:38:52 PM
I was about to make the same topic lol. I have the same problem. When I unlocked the dual blade licence I only got the Shinobi Dual Stance.
---
Always know your endgame before you lift a hand.
#4Roc10(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2012 2:40:47 PM
I hope I don't have to restart again... Because I just finished unlocking everything on the Samurai Points shop... I do not want to get the true ending on Harakiri mode again.
#5HonooNoYariPosted 9/4/2012 5:44:36 PM
The same thing happened to me. Then I discovered that there are at least 2 dual arms stances that can be found from enemies: Chika drops Gokon and the foreigner dojo challenger (appears only when dojo is at 5 stars) drops Kantetsu. These are not shinobi styles so the swords are on the side of your waist instead of the back. Looks way better than the shinobi ones during the ready stance and seems to eat less vitality.
---
PSN ID: ggn83
Dragon's Dogma Pawns: Past - Diandra, Current: Guts
#6MoonlightJustPosted 9/4/2012 5:55:28 PM
It does unlock a dual shinobi style for you, don't worry. It just doesn't show up until you start the next cycle, and then it shows up in its own category. Worried me at first too.
#7Roc10(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2012 6:39:15 PM
MoonlightJust posted...
It does unlock a dual shinobi style for you, don't worry. It just doesn't show up until you start the next cycle, and then it shows up in its own category. Worried me at first too.

If you're talking about Hara Swordfighting, I think that might be the one that came when I unlocked Shinobi Duel Stance (I Think, I can't remember for sure). The one I'm talking about is a Dual Stance Sword style, Dual Manifest Swordfighting. I hear people say that you can get it as soon as you unlock Dual Stance Sword, but I unlocked Shinobi first, then after I got my 1000th kill, I unlocked Dual Sword stance and didn't get the stance right off the bat like I was supposed to. Or do you mean like the second I got Shinobi Dual Stance, Hara is the one it unlocks first and Dual Manifest is out there somewhere I just have to look for it?
#8HonooNoYariPosted 9/4/2012 6:44:46 PM
Yes, in my game Hara is the default style that comes with unlocking the shinobi dual wielding license too. For the regular dual wielding licence I didn't immediately get a style for it. And I do know that you have to start another playthrough first to get said licences to take effect and for the Hara style to appear. But I also never got a starting style for the regular dual wielding.
---
PSN ID: ggn83
Dragon's Dogma Pawns: Past - Diandra, Current: Guts
#9MiromotoPosted 9/4/2012 6:51:58 PM
I got shinobi dual style first myself, it did come with hara, but weird thing was, i picked up Junky style(maybe it's junkyard?) you get it from one of the women you have to kill doing the yakuza missions, anyway when i picked it up i switch to it after already mastering hara...i don't use two swords often but when i went back to it....It turned into hara style...

I got two copies of hara style in my game now, and i can't seem to get her to drop junky style agan.
---
"TELL ME HOW TO STOP THESE TEARS!"
#10Roc10(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2012 1:54:09 PM
Everyone, the mystery is solved. There's no longer any need to worry if you got shinobi dual wield first, You'll still be able to get Dual Manifest Swordfighting within the game. I got it by following the Pranja path. Once I got to day 1 evening, after taking down those three guys hitting on Akemi. After that, I killed Melinda, then I followed the Pranja path from there on out (I killed Madara just to be sure). If all done correctly, you will take on the dual wielding demonscale guy in the tournament instead of Melinda. After killing him, he should drop that style. Now as far as you getting Regular Dual Wield first instead of Shinobi dual wield and trying to get Hara Swordfighting..... Well... You got me.