Just started and have some questions.

#1shadow skillPosted 1/15/2013 8:45:52 AM(edited)
Just started the game, and I have some questions if nobody minds.

1. What's a good fast way to make money?

2. What's a good way to raise Samurai Ranking? (to unlock the unlockables)

3. What's a good sword to get and use early on?

4. I know some things carry over, but do things like Dojima and the like do as well?

5. Any way to raise health or stamina?

6. Any missable things I should watch out for?

Oh yes, and any way to change button configuration? Like switching X and O?
Thanks in advance.
---
PSN: Dragoncalf / Pawn: Hawk
When one fights to protect the people he cares about, he will be unbeatable.Then his enemies will know true fear.
#2SogeBarnumPosted 1/15/2013 5:09:36 PM
1. Day 4 and onward, the day of the tournament, the shop next to the Eatery in Town will sell Medicine. increase the Crime Rate to Great, then buy 10, select Don't Pay, and run to the Eatery next door. That will lower the crime rate to Good. Buy the most expensive meal until the price lowers to 220. That means the crime rate is Great again. Exit the Eatery, go back to the shop and sell the 10 Medicine you stole back to the shop. Repeat until you're satisfied.

Other than that, just go to the Back Roads, kill anyone with a weapon, pick them up and sell them over and over.

2. At the start of the game, immediately open the map and go to Town (or anywhere else) After that, go back to the Harbor for the cutscene, then the Main plaza and Sleep until day 3. See the cutscene for the tournament, then sleep until day 4. Enter the tournament and win. This should only take you a few minutes, and so long as you don't perform any misdeeds, this method should grant you 1000+ Samurai Points each time.

3. Any sword you improve yourself is a good sword until you start amassing a ton of money and scrap iron and undergo the long and painstaking method of getting the charms and titles you want on your blades. You can also occasionally get good swords from "invading" player's characters

4. All of your items, swords and money will be stored in the safe box inside the Dojo. If you have Dojima as the smith, he'll remain the smith on subsequent playthroughs unless you kill him. Sensei will also remain as the dojo instructor if you've recruited her.

5. Far as I know, 1000 is the limit. You can eat/drink foods to increase your offense and defense, though

6. Since you can play through the game as often as you like, there isn't really anything missable.
#3shadow skill(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 1:50:16 AM
Cool thanks.

Been doing some reading and came across something that said I should get Sensei to the Dojo AFTER I get it to 5 stars? Otherwise I'll miss her outfit or something like that?

What do I do after the tournament in your trick to get the 1000+ points? Go join the others and get boiled or go to the harbor and leave?

Also I noticed the walkthrough guide for the endings has The Flames of Prajna and Fevered Spirits switched.
---
When one fights to protect the people he cares about, he will be unbeatable.Then his enemies will know true fear.
#4SogeBarnumPosted 1/16/2013 4:52:29 AM(edited)
1. You don't need to get Sensei after you hit five stars. I got her when I had no stars and did just fine. It's only when you're at five stars that you can nightcrawl with her (and get her outfit), however you can get five stars while she's already recruited.

2. You don't get boiled using that method. You get the "As a Demonscale" ending instead. The Boiled Alive ending is only if you're a member of one of the factions before heading to the tournament. With the method I described, you can't make any other choice after the tournament. The game ends, and you get your points. Quick and simple.
#5shadow skill(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 5:03:03 AM
Nice, I'll try that out, thanks.
---
#6RowdePosted 1/16/2013 8:25:02 PM
You can recruit her, then get the dojo to five stars to nightcrawl her.

However, from what I understand, you can only nightcrawl her on the same playthrough you recruit her.
If you recruit her on one playthrough, but get the dojo to five stars on the next, you won't be able to nightcrawl her.

BUT that is easy to fix, if your dojo is at five stars, just kill sensei, then on the following playthrough, recruit her again, and your dojo will already be at five stars.
#7shadow skill(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 6:09:53 AM
Ah, so that's what I read before. Well it's nice to know that you can just kill someone and redo everything.

I also ran across an invader called Nana I think, was playing on hard and she pretty much keeps killing me in one hit. How do you even beat these people.
---
#8SogeBarnumPosted 1/17/2013 9:25:14 AM
If you're not all that great at advanced combat yet, either stock up on Medicine, which automatically revives you after you die, or fight cheaply, such as only use one effective move. Moves that result in a knock away seem to do well, such as the Chu-dan style move where you stab them then kick them away
#9shadow skill(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 9:33:35 AM
I'm using Mushin style that you start with along with a Ceiling Cutter with around 145 attack. I also have a spear with x3 Life & Death for stamina regeneration.
Mostly I just use the 3 combo stab moves cause that has the most range and guardbreak followed by lift and the 3 basic combo if I get the chance.

The main problem with her is that she uses a LOT of push and pull guarding and I can't really tell when she's doing what, unlike in the previous game where you had the orange and blue circles.
That leaves me open to her one hit counters.
---
#10shadow skill(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 8:11:38 AM
For the Ogre Isle money trick, do you need to but them one at a time? Or is there a faster way?
---