First gameplay vid of Phantom Breaker Battle Ground.

#1nohsnapdragonPosted 6/6/2012 5:16:03 PM
http://andriasang.com/con1d5/phantom_breaker_trailer/

I hope more characters make it in as bosses, unlocks, or DLC.
---
Don't worry. Just rise your head and run. Feels great doesn't it? Nothing starts until you take action. If you have time to worry then run. - Sonic
#2Stray_ZeroPosted 6/6/2012 7:46:37 PM
Yeah, its just Mikoto, Waka, M, Itsuki, and Yuzuha, where is Ren and Tokiya, we need man-power, lol.
---
"Jitterbug, He who Opens the Door" - DeathSmiles - Live/PSN/YouTube: NeoStrayCat (=^_^=)
#3nohsnapdragon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2012 6:43:05 AM
We need Ren at least.
---
Don't worry. Just rise your head and run. Feels great doesn't it? Nothing starts until you take action. If you have time to worry then run. - Sonic
#4Enix BelmontPosted 6/9/2012 6:58:54 PM
Looks better than this game and cool as hell, to be honest.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#5HermanTuttlePosted 6/9/2012 11:36:40 PM
Enix Belmont posted...
Looks better than this game and cool as hell, to be honest.

Might be more fun in short bursts with several friends, but I can't see it having anywhere near the same long-term appeal. It's just not deep enough.

Hopefully it's a sign that 5pb is trying to turn PB into a series.

For an excellent similar game that's already out, I'd recommend Protect Me Knight (on XBLIG).
#6Stray_ZeroPosted 6/10/2012 12:59:52 AM
Yeah, yeah, well, at least this will have 4P online, unlike Scott Pilgrim...>_>
---
"Jitterbug, He who Opens the Door" - DeathSmiles - Live/PSN/YouTube: NeoStrayCat (=^_^=)
#7HermanTuttlePosted 6/10/2012 1:47:30 AM
I've never felt that co-op beatemups were well suited to online play. You really need that face-to-face communal experience to make them worthwhile. This is why I wasn't too bummed that Protect Me Knight was local only.
#8GELPosted 6/14/2012 3:42:27 AM
*SPITTAKE* WHAT?! I was unaware of this and it looks AMAZING! I mean it's a beat 'em up with combos. Those are RARE. I mean they exist, yes. I've played them. But they're still very very uncommon even in this day and age. So color me super pumped.

Also the characters look waaaaaaaaaay better super deformed somehow. Makes the designs feel less bland.

Best part is that being an XBLA game, there's a 90% chance of a US release and if we're denied? Japanese account and a quick import of some MS points can fix THAT! BWAHAHA!
---
I YELL GAME WORDS!
http://the-gel.livejournal.com/
#9Stray_ZeroPosted 6/14/2012 8:30:33 AM
@GEL

Well, the game has an English version of that same trailer and the site as well, so it'll come out there too, as long as which PB we're gonna get 1st soon enough...
---
#10HermanTuttlePosted 6/15/2012 3:50:35 PM(edited)
So far there hasn't been an XBLA game not released in the US.

I mean it's a beat 'em up with combos. Those are RARE. I mean they exist, yes. I've played them. But they're still very very uncommon even in this day and age.

Totally untrue. Guardian Heroes (and sequel), the D&D arcade games, Battle Circuit, Denjin Makai 2, Sengoku 3, Gaia Crusaders, and the Knights of Valour series are all examples of 2D beatemups with combos.