Okay, here's one for you guys. (XYZ monsters with Macro Cosmos active)

#1Matsuni_AquasPosted 6/26/2011 8:28:36 PM
XYZ monsters to activate their effects "Detatch" the monsters stacked.

Now from what I understand, detatch = send to the Graveyard.

Now say we've got a Macro Cosmos situation going on.

Is this going to be ruled like:

1) a "It has to hit the Graveyard" to activate (such as rulings like Brionac and Gravekepper's Servant)

or

2) "it just has to be sent" and would go out of play, but the effect would still activate?
---
Yu-Gi-Oh 2011 FC: 3224-6369-9286
#2thebobevilPosted 6/26/2011 8:41:22 PM
From what I have read ... and I will try to find some of the links, but be warned, they are in Japanese ... detach = destroy, so the material monster just goes wherever a destroyed monster would go ... graveyard normally, but banished if something like Macro Cosmos is in play.
---
I can guarantee that you have not been modded more than I have on this site AND kept your account.
#3SentaPosted 6/26/2011 8:41:54 PM
I'm fairly certain it's just the act of removing it from the Xyz monster. I don't think it would matter if it went to Graveyard or RFG, ect.
#4Matsuni_Aquas(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2011 9:01:07 PM
The only info I've found so far is this:

If a card that would banish cards sent to the graveyard (such as "Macro Cosmos" or "Banisher of the Radiance") is in effect, when an Xyz monster is destroyed/removed from the field the Xyz Materials beneath it are banished. However if an effect that would banish a Monster(s) on the field (like "Dimensional Fissure") is activated, only the Xyz Monster will be affected. The Materials used will be sent to the Graveyard.
-Yu-gi-oh Wikia

If this is true, I'm assuming the ruling may go like this:

If Macro/D Fiss was active BEFORE the XYZ summon, then they will be banished, but if the XYZ was summoned first, the Materials will go to the graveyard.
---
#52Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 6/26/2011 9:11:13 PM
Matsuni_Aquas posted...
The only info I've found so far is this:

If a card that would banish cards sent to the graveyard (such as "Macro Cosmos" or "Banisher of the Radiance") is in effect, when an Xyz monster is destroyed/removed from the field the Xyz Materials beneath it are banished. However if an effect that would banish a Monster(s) on the field (like "Dimensional Fissure") is activated, only the Xyz Monster will be affected. The Materials used will be sent to the Graveyard.
-Yu-gi-oh Wikia

If this is true, I'm assuming the ruling may go like this:

If Macro/D Fiss was active BEFORE the XYZ summon, then they will be banished, but if the XYZ was summoned first, the Materials will go to the graveyard.

I think the reasoning behind that is Macro Cosmos banishes "cards" while Dimensional Fissure only banishes "monsters". While attached to an Xyz monster, the attached cards are not considered monsters, so if only Dimensional Fissure is active, they will be sent to the graveyard instead of banished.
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#6DemiseEndPosted 6/26/2011 10:30:50 PM
Xyz Materials underneath Xyz Monsters do not count as monsters, so if "Dimensional Fissure" is on the field, detached Xyz Materials will be sent to the Graveyard. Xyz Materials are also treated as not being on the field, so effects like "Sangan" do not activate, and "Plaguespreader Zombie" will be sent to the Graveyard when detached even when it was Summoned with its own effect.

Hence my theory of Xyz material zone is proven in one way.

This passage solve the main question

by this logic, Xyz summon acts kinda like CB's effect, but the difference is its not on the field anymore and always treated as material even when send to the graveyard(it become monster again in the graveyard)
#7ShamackPosted 6/26/2011 10:38:28 PM
by this logic, Xyz summon acts kinda like CB's effect, but the difference is its not on the field anymore and always treated as material even when send to the graveyard(it become monster again in the graveyard)

and with that sentence, I finally understand how Xyz materials work.
to think. the creators are trying to simplify the game, but they have done a bad job explaining these Xyz monsters >.>
---
[CWaN] Clan without a name - z15.invisionfree.com/cwan
Give a man an answer and he'll be happy today. Teach him the search bar and he'll stop annoying us.
#8fyuberPosted 6/26/2011 10:44:35 PM
Also, detaching a monster is different to "send to the graveyard", so you cannot prevent the cost of detaching via macro cosmos.
#9TTuvilloPosted 6/27/2011 2:31:07 AM
If it says "Send one Xyz material monster to the graveyard to-" it'll be void when Macro is out.

Otherwise, no.
---
www.nintendostudio.nl - The internationally approved forum of gaming awesomeness.
#10Matsuni_Aquas(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2011 12:32:10 PM
fyuber posted...
Also, detaching a monster is different to "send to the graveyard", so you cannot prevent the cost of detaching via macro cosmos.

Okay, so here's the main thing that is kinda the root of it all.

When they become detached, they go to the Graveyard. So let's say Macro Cosmos is active before the xyz is summoned. Would the cards still go to the graveyard, and where do they actually "go" when the xyz is summoned. (Obviously, stacked behind the monster, physically) but inherently, are they being sent to the graveyard upon the xyz summon and being "released" back to where they belong? Or are they being "sent" as they become detached? If it's "release" then why would they go to the Graveyard if "all cards are banished" due to Macro being on the field first? Also, if it's "sent" then would they not be able to "hit" the Graveyard due to Macro?
---