Ban List Fever Day 1: Legendary Six Samurai

#1esilver9Posted 7/16/2011 8:55:04 AM
With each passing day we come closer to the September ban list and the imminent leakage of the ban list in mid August. Soon we'll be flooded with topics of people trying to guess the ban list, complaints about the list, etc. In similar fashion to R.A.C., we key in on a certain card or set of cards in each topic and each poster may give his or her opinion on how the featured card or cards will be affected by the new list, if at all. One should also post some sort of reasoning behind why they chose what they did, it doesn't need to be much if it's for something more "normal", but a longer explanation for less typical list changes would be necessary.

Post your changes in the following way, examples:
Banned: Mind Master
or
Limited: Shien's Smoke Signal
followed by a brief explanation

Feel free to nominate a card or set of cards (such as Legendary Six Samurai or Blackwings) for discussion in the next topic, or vote for a previously nominated card. There will not be more than 3 nominations collecting votes at a time. You can nominate cards that are already on the ban list. Don't waste your time nominating cards that will never become unbanned (Harpie's Feather Duster) or cards that will never be banned (Mushroom Man) or I will just ignore your request.
I will make a new topic when I feel this one is finished, not necessarily every day. I will tally everyones votes for the cards in question so we can make our own guesses for the ban list for the board as a whole. In the next topic we will review the card or cards which received the most votes.

Todays cards, Legendary Six Samurai. Someone was going to suggest them eventually I'm sure, so I figured we'd do them first to get it over with. I feel they should be reviewed as a set instead of individually.
Typical cards in question:
Currently Limited: Gateway of the Six
Currently Unlimited: Kagemusha of the Six Samurai, Legendary Six Samurai Kageki, Legendary Six Samurai Shi En, Shien's Smoke Signal

I'm not saying any of these cards will be affected by the list, but they are probably the most likely to be mentioned in this topic. Post which ones you think should be banned, limited, or semilimited. You don't need to list which ones are unlimited except for Gateway since it would be a change. Feel free to make mention of any other Six Samurai cards if you feel they should be on the ban list.
---
"the blackwing are bird brains and the light worm are cheap" - shinysalamance
The hardest part of ending is starting again.
#2HozuPosted 7/16/2011 9:00:29 AM(edited)
No Kizan?

Kizan to 1
Dojo to 2
Smoke Signal to 1
Gateway to 0

Sounds a little harsh but look at BWs.
---
Pokemon White FC: 1850 3036 1897
My 5th gen tradables: http://tinyurl.com/HozusPokes
#3esilver9(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2011 9:00:41 AM
Limited: Shien's Smoke Signal

I don't think the deck needs hit that much but this would make it less likely to pull off first turn Shi En, and we tend to see the deck search cards get hit. I could see it going to semi too but I'm going to predict limited. I don't see a problem with Gateway staying at 1.

I won't nominate since I chose today's cards
---
#4esilver9(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2011 9:02:09 AM
I didn't list Kizan or Dojo but its perfectly reasonable to put them on your lists
---
#5Time_HeroPosted 7/16/2011 9:45:07 AM
Stop trying to start trends that won't work guys.
---
Ben D Straw
6/29/08
#6FlameDragon2Posted 7/16/2011 9:49:18 AM
Time_Hero posted...
Stop trying to start trends that are bad guys.

Fixed.
---
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Card_Legends (my new YGO forum site; join if you'd like)
http://tinyurl.com/3k8xzho (Card Legends FB page)
#7esilver9(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2011 9:54:42 AM
if you dont like it dont post. if people dont post it wont continue
---
#8Time_HeroPosted 7/16/2011 2:20:28 PM
esilver9 posted...
if you dont like it dont post. if people dont post it wont continue

No, if I don't like it, I'll post and tell you that I don't like it.
The world isn't perfect buddy; some people will disagree.
---
Ben D Straw
6/29/08
#9esilver9(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2011 2:36:58 PM
I dont care if you dont like it or disagree. theres nothing for you to gain by telling me you dont like it but go ahead and post away if it means that much to you to tell me what you think
---
#10DemiseEndPosted 7/16/2011 2:53:37 PM
Eotehr smoke or Kageki is the most logical.

I nominate Plant synchro. They just need to get reviewed, it the deck of the format

Konami might care more of OCG, they DO care about TCG. Plant Synchro is now the best deck in TCG AND OCG so, we need t have proper, good discussion about this
---
My signature has been overidden by TROMBE !!!
Every 7/7/2011 each years, good things happen