Turbo Deck Please

#1FellcPosted 9/25/2011 6:08:02 PM
I really dislike the turbo aspect of the yu-gi-oh games. There's nothing 'turbo' about it, since it basically slows down spell cards, and thus the rest of the game.

That being said, I want to unlock the rest of the packs in the game, and I can't do that without some kind of decent turbo deck. (The team 5d's memory in particular is kicking my butt).

I could list all the packs I have available, but it might be easier if some people post a decklist or two for me and I can just say "I don't have that, got another sugguestion?"

I don't proaction, so please don't advise that. I'm trying to earn my way through, but I'm at a wall, and I could use some help.

Right now I'm using the following turbo deck...

PLEASE HELP ME! =)

MONSTERS:
1x Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
2x Breaker the MAgical Warrior
2x Card Trooper
1x Copycat
2x Cyber Valley
1x Dark Armed Dragon
1x Dark REsonator
2x Darksea Rescue
1x Debris Dragon
2x Doppelwarrior
2x Effect Veiler
1x Fabled Raven
1x Growup Bulb
1x Jester Confit
2x Junk Synchron
1x Krebons
2x Level Eater
1x Marauding Captaion
1x Plaugespreader Zombie
2x Quickdraw Synchron
2x Thunder King Rai-Oh

TRAPS:
3x Dimensional Prison
1x Mirror Force
1x Solemn Judgement
2x Solemn Warning
1x Torrential Tribute

EXTRA DECK:

1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Flamvell Uruquizas
1x Formula Synchron
1x Gaia Knight, The Force of Earth
1x Junk Destroyer
1x Junk Warrior
1x Lightning Warrior
1x Magical Andriod
1x Mist Wurm
1x Red Dragon Archfiend
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Shooting Star Dragon
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Thought Ruler Archfiend

PLEASE help me =)

(Currently using the SEPT '11 ban list, but can easily switch back to the original if that will help)
#2MAtt5TERPosted 9/25/2011 6:19:16 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/612092-yu-gi-oh-5ds-world-championship-2011-over-the/59550144
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#3SjappPosted 9/25/2011 6:19:52 PM
Your deck seems kind of all over the place. It's important to remember that just putting together 40 good cards doesn't necessarily make a good deck. The cards also need to have synergy to truly work together. It might be a better idea for you to post a decklist or archetype that you feel comfortable using in regular duels, and we'll tell you how to adjust it.
#4Fellc(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2011 9:32:04 PM
To the person who posted that thread. I don't have Maelefic Cyber End Dragon... I'd need to compete in more Turbo Duels in order to unlock the pack it's in... hence my dilemma.

As for what sort of deck archtype I'm comfortable running, I can run anything. The fact that my Turbo deck looks like it's all over the place is mostly because I have little passion for this aspect of the game.

As I said before, I think Turbo Dueling is anything but, and since I dislike contradictions generally, I dislike TD by extension.

Unfortunately, I need to to unlock packs.

I don't have problems playing cards to their fullest potential, generally speaking. I just find building turbo decks to be a problem for me, because of the hinderance placed on spell cards. The pool is small, and the limitations of counters cause unpredictability.

I <3 Spell Cards too much. I was one of those people who cheered and ripped up their copy of Imperial Order when it went on the ban list, as I suspected it would never come off it (thankfully).
#5SjappPosted 9/26/2011 9:04:05 AM
The game has a few surprisingly decent recipes pre-programmed that might help you. If you go to Read Recipe in the menu (not by pressing X while building your deck), you can press R to go to the sample recipe list. Scroll down past the structure deck recipes and regular deck recipes, and you'll find turbo deck recipes for a few archetypes that can be quite competitive with just a few minor tweaks.
#6Fellc(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2011 4:21:52 PM
Sjapp posted...
The game has a few surprisingly decent recipes pre-programmed that might help you. If you go to Read Recipe in the menu (not by pressing X while building your deck), you can press R to go to the sample recipe list. Scroll down past the structure deck recipes and regular deck recipes, and you'll find turbo deck recipes for a few archetypes that can be quite competitive with just a few minor tweaks.

Of those, the only one I could reasonably complete with few substitutions was the Machina deck...

It's fairly unimpressive, and gets roflstomped by Crow in the Team 5D's memory match.
---
Welcome to the internet, you must be new here. Let me introduce you to my friend sarcasm... he hangs out here all the time =)
#7GiantStitch712Posted 9/26/2011 4:59:44 PM(edited)
Here's an Exodia deck I used, and i get about a 3 win, 2 loss ratio out of it. I didn't test it on the memory duels, but I use it for every turbo duel I use now and I rarely ever play a duel more than twice.

Monsters (20)
Exodia The Forbidden One x1
Left Arm Of Exodia x1
Left Leg Of Exodia x1
Right Arm Of Exodia x1
Right Leg Of Exodia x1
Big Eye x1
Dekoichi The Battlechanted Locomotive x3
Emissary Of The Afterlife x3
Mystic Tomato x3
Sangan x1
Vortex Trooper x2
Worm Linx x2

Speed Spells (7)
Angel Baton x1
Magical Mallet x3
Upstart Goblin x3

Trap (13)
Call Of The Haunted x1
Defense Draw x3
Jar Of Greed x3
Limit Reverse x3
Time Machine x3

I will NOT claim the deck has won every turbo duel, because frankly, it hasn't. I just feel it does quite well. I know a lot of duelists that seem to post their 'unbeatable' decks, which mine is not. But if you have the cards, I would suggest giving it a try. Not the best, and I'm sure there are better, but it works for me...

And actually, another reason I post it, is because I dont see many turbo exodia decks here,
---
3DS Friend Code: Scatter - 1891-1159-5907
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds WC 2011 - 3654 2440 4004
#8SushiQuinaPosted 9/26/2011 6:23:04 PM(edited)
If you changed your banlist, change it back to the default one for the purposes of turbo dueling.

Build a deck that uses Junk Synchron and Doppelwarrior as its playmakers. With the default list, you're allowed I believe 3 Debris Dragon and 2 Dandylions, so it'll be pretty ridiculous.

Your monster lineup should have Junk Synchron, Doppel, Ryko, Debris, Dandy, Spore, Glowup, Lonefire Blossom. Trap, I guess would be staples. Spells... I dunno if the speed spell variants of Tuning, Charge of the Light Brigade and Reinforcements of the Army are good, but you can consider them. You'll have to wait 2 turns to play your good spells though

Didn't go into super detail because a) I suck b) I dunno what you have

"To the person who posted that thread. I don't have Maelefic Cyber End Dragon... I'd need to compete in more Turbo Duels in order to unlock the pack it's in... hence my dilemma."

Which Malefics do you have? If you have Stardust, it's... well not quite that good but it's a 2500 beatstick
---
BobtehMankey
has mad skeelz
#9Fellc(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2011 6:27:32 PM
SushiQuina posted...
If you changed your banlist, change it back to the default one for the purposes of turbo dueling.

Build a deck that uses Junk Synchron and Doppelwarrior as its playmakers. With the default list, you're allowed I believe 3 Debris Dragon and 2 Dandylions, so it'll be pretty ridiculous.

Your monster lineup should have Junk Synchron, Doppel, Ryko, Debris, Dandy, Spore, Glowup, Lonefire Blossom. Trap, I guess would be staples. Spells... I dunno if the speed spell variants of Tuning, Charge of the Light Brigade and Reinforcements of the Army are good, but you can consider them. You'll have to wait 2 turns to play your good spells though

Didn't go into super detail because a) I suck b) I dunno what you have

"To the person who posted that thread. I don't have Maelefic Cyber End Dragon... I'd need to compete in more Turbo Duels in order to unlock the pack it's in... hence my dilemma."

Which Malefics do you have? If you have Stardust, it's... well not quite that good but it's a 2500 beatstick

I don't have any malefics... but thanks for the lineup.

I'll give this, and the previously posted exodia deck a try. I haven't won a match with exodia yet in WC'11 anyway, so it should be good for some points, and maybe unlocking a duelist (without checking).
---
Welcome to the internet, you must be new here. Let me introduce you to my friend sarcasm... he hangs out here all the time =)
#10GiantStitch712Posted 9/26/2011 8:12:54 PM
@Felic.

Hope the deck helps you out :)
---
3DS Friend Code: Scatter - 1891-1159-5907
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds WC 2011 - 3654 2440 4004