Why is fishborg blaster banned?

#1frogandlardPosted 12/27/2011 6:31:55 PM
Haven't played in a while
---
" I'm sorry but your ass isn't a credible source to pull your definitions from." - Octavian_Rex
#2Geminia999Posted 12/27/2011 6:35:10 PM
Fishborg created a pretty big play allowing you to get a shooting star out, several librarians and formulas creating huge advantages and powerful monsters as well.
---
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should
#3WolfJouninPosted 12/27/2011 6:40:45 PM
You could do insanely long and powerful OTKs, and if not OTK, then stop the opponent from doing almost anything. Barely any decks can first turn shooting quasar consistently, but fishborg had a really easy time getting out one, and an easier time getting out two than other decks one. Someone using fishborg against my friend on DN got out two Shooting Quasar Dragons on him during the first turn. My friend double super polyed, and if he had 1 less or had been using any other deck, I'd like to think it would be GG no matter what. If Fishborg was limited, it'd make almost no difference as he was highly searchable/disposable. There will be a new fishborg blaster though with 1 pro and 3 cons compared to the original.

Pro:
Doesn't need a discard to revive.

Cons:
Requires all monsters in grave to be water, banished after use if revived with his effect, effect can only be used once per turn (even if it returns).

Obviously its worse, but at least the deck will be usable again... maybe not meta level, but usable.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#4frogandlard(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2011 6:44:57 PM
Wow interesting. I just checked out the newest ban list and I can imagine there being a huge uproar after it was released lol. BLS? J.D at 3? Good lord!
---
" I'm sorry but your ass isn't a credible source to pull your definitions from." - Octavian_Rex
#5WolfJouninPosted 12/27/2011 7:03:40 PM
Yeah... well, JD is not a huge problem as is BLS. It pops out with minimal effort, and does OP moves that normally require 2-3 cards to be used together... especially with splashable cards like Tour Guide, Sangan, Doom Calibur, Veiler, Thunder King, Ryko, and more, anyone can effectively use him... well, almost anyone. I love what 3 MST and Storm did to the meta game as I am an aggressive player, though others (primarily conservative players) will disagree. Although I do disagree with some things such as BLS, this is my favorite format in a long time.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#6LoozarPosted 12/27/2011 7:29:53 PM
WolfJounin posted...
I love what 3 MST and Storm did to the meta game as I am an aggressive player, though others (primarily conservative players) will disagree.

I consider myself to be a pretty conservative player, and I love this Heavy + 3 MST format.
---
"We may not be able to save the world, but you can be damn well sure that we'll avenge it"
http://junkopia.net/kelvinsdirtybits/Images/Initiative.jpg