Fusion Summoning Rulings

#1WaryurZZPosted 9/19/2012 6:28:38 PM(edited)
http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/index.php?/topic/12428-the-complete-hero-guide/

Been reading this, and I have to say I've learned a lot, but I'm sort of confused as well.

The part I'm talking about is under "Rulings" ----> "Basic Mechanics" ----> "Proper Fusion Summoning" -----> "Negating a Fusion Summon."

Anyway, does the creator of the guide say that you can't negate the actual Fusion Summon of, let's say, Relinquished Restrict, unless you chain Solemn Warning to "Polymerization?"

How would this work with Solemn Judgement?

I'm not sure if he/she is saying whether the Fusion Summon is immune to chaining, or not. Perhaps I'm overthinking things.
---
Umvc3: Cap/Nova/Super Skrull; Magneto/Nova/Vergil
PSN: Terrabolt; "Feel My Power of the Nova Force!!!"
#2Golden_Key33Posted 9/19/2012 6:32:56 PM
Anyway, does the creator of the guide say that you can't negate the actual Fusion Summon of, let's say, Relinquished Restrict, unless you chain Solemn Warning to "Polymerization?"

Yes.

How would this work with Solemn Judgement?

The same.

I'm not sure if he/she is saying whether the Fusion Summon is immune to chaining, or not.

It isn't.
---
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1985/1253058330857.gif http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5q9x8UO4f1qzh5gno1_500.png
#3aerisfanboyPosted 9/19/2012 6:40:06 PM
You can use both Solemn Judgment and Solemn Warning on Polymerisation, but for different reasons.

Solemn Warning can negate Polymerisation because it is a card effect that Special Summons.

Solemn Judgment can negate Polymerisation simply because it is a Spell card.

This is the main reason people don't understand why Warning can negate Gorz but not Judgment, when in their minds both Warning and Judgment can negate Monster Reborn. Sure, both can negate Monster Reborn, but for very different reasons.

Take note that if you do not negate the Spell card, you cannot "negate" the monster summoned by it. By the time the monster actually comes out, it is already considered a successful special summon. This part I think can be explained by someone else better.
---
Currently playing - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 5, Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
Dueling Network username: aerisfanboy
#4WaryurZZ(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 6:44:14 PM
Ok, thanks!

I'm assuming the same can be done for Fusion Gate if you "activate" it in order to Fusion Summon. (using Solemn Warning, that is)
---
#5LemonKittiePosted 9/19/2012 7:25:55 PM
WaryurZZ posted...
Ok, thanks!

I'm assuming the same can be done for Fusion Gate if you "activate" it in order to Fusion Summon. (using Solemn Warning, that is)

Solemn Warning has to negate the activation of the card itself. When Fusion Gate is activated, it does "nothing" so it cannot be Warning'd. *Same thing applies to Infernity Launcher as well*
---
You can't reach the king so easily ~ Ikkinari Ingu Wa Torenedarou Oi
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=31&weekday=tue
#6FreezyefcPosted 9/19/2012 7:28:37 PM
LemonKittie posted...
WaryurZZ posted...
Ok, thanks!

Solemn Warning has to negate the activation of the card itself. When Fusion Gate is activated, it does "nothing" so it cannot be Warning'd. *Same thing applies to Infernity Launcher as well*

And Jam Breeding Machine :D
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/freezyefc
#7WaryurZZ(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2012 3:46:40 PM
Freezyefc posted...
And Jam Breeding Machine :D

lol I remember that card! I've never actually thought it could be abused, though.

Here's another question regarding fusion summoning and Voltic.

I'm probably overthinking this, but here goes:
If you inflict damage with Voltic via, let's say, a monster attacks him in DEF position (unnecessary, but it happens, lol), can you Special Summon an Elemental Hero Monster(s) (Tempest, Electrum, etc.) that says in the card text "Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways"?
(Provided you fullfilled the Fusion Summoning Conditions prior).
---
#8VoidSeraphimPosted 9/20/2012 3:50:08 PM
No. The "it cannot be special summoned by other ways" prevents it.
---
"With kindness comes naivete. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward..."
#9FredCat07Posted 9/20/2012 3:52:26 PM
VoidSeraphim posted...
No. The "it cannot be special summoned by other ways" prevents it.

Correct, and that's also known previously as "NOMI" - which must following the specify way to Summon that monster and can't reusing in any way but that method, ever it dead in same way as Semi-NOMI or lower type. It's like a forbidden ritual of summon to do only that way.
---
I used to writing a signature like you, till I took a bullet in the knuckle. ~Random signer.
#10WaryurZZ(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2012 4:02:34 PM
Does this rule apply for certain cards such as:
Return From the D.D.
D.D.R
?
---