Since the story is so lazy in this game, here's my version. (SPOILERS)

#11NauskePosted 3/3/2011 4:04:08 PM

From: americancheeze | Posted: 3/3/2011 6:02:44 PM | #010
You have poor taste. The story was lazy as hell in this game. Especially compared to 2010's

You have poor sarcasm detection skills.
---
This space is used for my thoughts.
#12americancheeze(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2011 4:05:17 PM
Indeed.
---
Real cheeze taste, zero calories.
"Remember, friends don't let friends get pulled up to the ceiling by horrid mutant beetle creatures."
#13NauskePosted 3/3/2011 4:22:16 PM
Because the story is totally a 13/10.
---
This space is used for my thoughts.
#14Adam_AcePosted 3/3/2011 4:24:45 PM
-_- Of course 2010 Was better it was Copy & Paste of the Anime which i don't get why they didn't do the same here as apposed to making 90% of the game a really terrible crash town filler. That being said as Meh as the story was i still kinda like it and the game too for that matter.
#15americancheeze(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2011 4:37:16 PM
Actually 2010 was LESS copy-pasted than this. Which says a lot.

In this game you pretty much do everything Yusei did but in a different order, but without the luxury of hanging out with the signers and your Visor is terrible at color coordinating her outfit. You basically have no side plot of your own. There's almost no original plot in this at all.

In 2010 you were a character with his own side plot happening that got resolved as the events of the show were going on, which is what you should do in a story based on an anime. Other than you soloing every Dark Signer and the Signers being useless, 2010's story mode was flawlessly put together with familiar and original ideas.
---
"Remember, friends don't let friends get pulled up to the ceiling by horrid mutant beetle creatures."
#16AzureDeathPosted 3/3/2011 5:27:57 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but there's only one problem with your story. What happens if the protagonist is female? Z-ONE can't be female when he's a Yusei impersonator?

I can definitely see this work in a Tag Force setting where your main character is already preset.
---
"Ya can't spell assassin without the sin -- and twice the ass!"
#17americancheeze(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2011 6:13:25 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble but there's only one problem with your story. What happens if the protagonist is female? Z-ONE can't be female when he's a Yusei impersonator?

In this version he isn't a Yusei impersonator. Wouldn't be the first time a game adaptation removed or changed a plot point to make something fit. Since YOU are the main character in this story, he would logically be you or impersonate you instead of Yusei (from a storytelling standpoint rather than a canon standpoint)
---