Need ideas (not a deck list topic)

#1Inferno05Posted 6/4/2011 12:08:59 AM
I need a deck idea. Examples: Remove from play, a certain type/attribute, etc (preferably w/o Synchro). I've been trying to make new decks to combat the big Synchro-users at my school since my Fire Deck loses to Synchro.

The catch is it needs to have almost NO level 5 or higher monsters (unless I can cut the level like w/ Cost Down or Legendary Ocean). I've found from my own testing of decks over several months that the decks I win with almost never summon anything level 5 or higher, while anything that requires them (like a Lock-down or Uria) just don't work for me.

I'm well used to Fire and Warrior, so if you've got any particularly good direction to go with those great. No full-on deck list since I'm trying to create my own deck.

Thank you in advance for your advice ^_^
---
Diamond erased, not restarted yet. 4941-8524-4211 Soul Silver-Reaga
Proud member of the Number Crunchers, 10 requests.
#2PeckingBirdPosted 6/4/2011 12:33:46 AM
Inferno Tempest.
---
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/index.php
#3Inferno05(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2011 12:37:37 AM
... Are you trying to suggest a Deck around Inferno Tempest? Sorry if you didn't get this, but the examples up top were just examples.

Care to elaborate?
---
#4PeckingBirdPosted 6/4/2011 12:38:49 AM
Inferno05 posted...
... Are you trying to suggest a Deck around Inferno Tempest? Sorry if you didn't get this, but the examples up top were just examples.

Care to elaborate?

Yes, deck that focus on Inferno Tempest.
---
#5Inferno05(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2011 12:40:37 AM
I wonder if it's possible to make such a deck and make it great. I'll add it to the list of stuff I mess with tomorrow. I can already think of a few monsters to go with it.
---
#6PeckingBirdPosted 6/4/2011 12:42:00 AM
Inferno05 posted...
I wonder if it's possible to make such a deck and make it great. I'll add it to the list of stuff I mess with tomorrow. I can already think of a few monsters to go with it.

It is your name that I suddenly think of Inferno Tempest.
---
#7Inferno05(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2011 1:59:37 AM
I know it's an odd hour, in fact it's nearly 6 am where I'm at, but keep some ideas rolling. For the rest of the summer I'm going to be testing 40 card decks, and I hope by the time next semester hits I'll be able to at least play equally w/ the Synchros w/o using them.
---
#8PeckingBirdPosted 6/4/2011 2:02:05 AM
Inferno05 posted...
I know it's an odd hour, in fact it's nearly 6 am where I'm at, but keep some ideas rolling. For the rest of the summer I'm going to be testing 40 card decks, and I hope by the time next semester hits I'll be able to at least play equally w/ the Synchros w/o using them.

Hi, it's me again. Kudo on your Inferno Tempest.
---
#9Crimson_SpiderPosted 6/4/2011 2:50:06 AM
Don't use bad high level monsters then. Use something that's half decent, like Tytannial, Princess of Camellias. Thing can be instantly summoned with lonefire blossom with no delay. Lonefire can be searched out by Sangan and Violet Witch, essentially letting you pull it from your deck nearly at any time you want to.

See where I am going? You're probably learning the hard way that all of the best deck ideas are not based off of "OMG big monster!". They are based off of a series of combos that allow you to quickly and effectively grab enough bulk to either push for a win or to suit any particular mess you find yourself in. This is why synchros are so good; you can pull out various monsters quickly and easily to suit your needs.

Now, if you want to put the smack down on your friends in school while having almost no maindeck monsters over level 5 or using any synchro, then I would suggest running an Omni Hero deck. Those are the elemental hero fusions that require any elemental hero and then another monster of their respective attribute. Cards like Elemental Hero Absolute, Elemental Hero Shining, and Elemental Hero Great Tornado. Easy to bring out, versatile, and distinctly not synchro monsters
---
Secular Humanism: The philosophy that adamantly denies that is a philosophy.
#10VassleEtnaPosted 6/4/2011 6:18:18 AM
hmm if you use a lot of cards like bottomeless trap hole and Deminsional Prison you should be able to win by card advantage. Also cards like D. D. Crow could mess up a strategy if he likes to use Junk Synchron. The Transmigration Prophecy is another one. Solemn's Warning is another good card to use. Compolsory Evacuation Device is another good to use vs synchos. Royal Oppression is you can afford it. Use Devine Wrath if he uses cards like Junk Destroyer and Black Rose Dragon. you'll have to discard a card but it will save your cards and destroy his monster. Also there's a bunch of cards that are specifically designed to deal with Synchros.