Light and Darkness Dragon Ruling Question

#1mariokirbyfoxPosted 6/15/2011 2:19:00 PM
Alright just a quick ruling question that my friend and I were argueing about.

Part of Light and Darkness Dragon's effect is to nuke the field then special summon a monster from grave after it has been "destroyed and sent to the graveyard". Nowhere does it say it needs to be sent from the field, and there is even an old Upper Deck ruling on the wikia saying it gets its effect if destroyed in the hand or deck, such as by Crush Card Virus.

Alright so what happened was I summoned LaDD and my friend chained Solemn Judgment. Solemn says that it negates and destroys the summoned monster, so would LaDD get its effect since it was destroyed? My friend and a few people from our locals insisted it wouldnt since it never hit the field. I tryed to point out to them that it didnt say it had to be destroyed on the field, only destroyed. Do would LaDD get its effect or not?
---
"Mentally challenged people are a lot better off now than they used to be. Nowadays they can even become politicians." - My Government Teacher
#2JL9576Posted 6/15/2011 2:22:51 PM
I'm not sure. Solemn negates its Summon, so it never technically hit the field, but it does say it only needs to be destroyed. However, since it was negated, I'm not sure how that works.
---
"Stupid sexy Flanders!"
#3NauskePosted 6/15/2011 2:24:35 PM
It only has to be destroyed and sent to the graveyard.
Doesn't matter where it is coming from.
---
All those that refuse to follow their mind before anything else do not deserve to walk this earth.
#4Waluigi1Posted 6/15/2011 4:21:37 PM
Yes.
---
I need a new sig...
#5chocolatecerealPosted 6/15/2011 4:33:43 PM
Nauske posted...
It only has to be destroyed and sent to the graveyard.
Doesn't matter where it is coming from.

This.
---
Answer Me This: "What does the Scouter say about his Power Level?!"
Correct Answers: 8