Deck Out Deck

#1donnydadPosted 11/28/2011 11:52:28 PM
As the name suggests this is my deck I made to deck out my opponent. Keep in mind I don't plan to use it competitively and this is a deck I made just for fun. If all goes well, I might change my mind on using it competitively.

Monsters: 20
Chain Dog x2
Guldfaxe of the Nordic Beasts x3
Tanngrisnir of the Nordic Beasts x3
Morphing Jar #2 x2
Tanngnjostr of the Nordic Beasts x3
Needle Worm x3
Morphing Jar
Necro Gardna x2
Glow-Up Bulb

Spells: 12
A Feather of the Phoenix x2
Dark Hole
Heavy Storm
Monster Reborn
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Pot of Avarice
Pot of Duality x2
The Shallow Grave x2

Traps: 8
Dark Bribe x2
Gleipnir, the Fetters of Fenrir x3
The Transmigration Prophecy
Threatening Roar x2

Extra Deck: 15
Black Rose Dragon x2
Lightning Tricorn x3
Naturia Beast x2
Stardust Dragon x2
Thor, Lord of the Aesir x3
Voltic Bicorn x3
#2KrazymagePosted 11/29/2011 12:13:09 AM
I'm seeing two decks here, a basic Nordic Summoning, and half a true mill deck. You should focus on one or the other.

Example i got googling (searching Empty Jar), seems vaguely decent:

1x Morphing Jar
2x Giant Rat
3x A/D Changer
2x Needle Worm
1x Night Assailant
1x Sangan

Spells:
2x Magical Stone Excavation
3x Book of Moon
3x Book of Taiyou
3x Book of Eclipse
3x The Shallow Grave
3x A Feather of the Phoenix
1x Card Destruction
3x Upstart Goblin
3x Magical Mallet
3x Cup of Ace
3x Hand Destruction
---
You know those baboons are dead right Krazy?- Townshend27
You is a cool guy, you read my sig and doesnt afraid of anything.
#3donnydad(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2011 12:24:48 AM
I don't understand your reasoning. 3 copies of Needle Worm is 15 cards out. 3 copies of Voltic Bicorn is 21 cards out. Each duelist starts with 5 cards in hand plus they draw again, making it 6 cards in hand. That is 42 cards rght there. I know milling myself is a dare but I have 2 Feathers of the Phoenix, Transmigration Prophecy, and Pot of Avarice so I can keep myself fresh. I don't see a problem. If I get the opportunity I do have powerhouse monsters in my extra deck so I can win with brute force if I needed to.
#4TTuvilloPosted 11/29/2011 4:04:55 AM
I've tried this, and it's just not worth it.

Why would you EVER summon Voltic Bicorn if you're almost always better off with something like Black Rose or Wyvern?

You really ARE just combining two decks that don't need eachother.
---
www.lackeyccg.com - Card Game Simulator (Including YGO, Magic and many more!)
#5fyuberPosted 11/29/2011 7:42:40 AM
Empty Jar is the only truly playable deck out deck allowed by the current banlist. But if you don't go that way then it's possible to try to deck out with Bicorn. It's better to try to revive Bicorn than continuously synchro summoning it though.
#6KrazymagePosted 11/29/2011 5:07:17 PM

I don't understand your reasoning. 3 copies of Needle Worm is 15 cards out. 3 copies of Voltic Bicorn is 21 cards out. Each duelist starts with 5 cards in hand plus they draw again, making it 6 cards in hand. That is 42 cards rght there. I know milling myself is a dare but I have 2 Feathers of the Phoenix, Transmigration Prophecy, and Pot of Avarice so I can keep myself fresh. I don't see a problem. If I get the opportunity I do have powerhouse monsters in my extra deck so I can win with brute force if I needed to.

You are assuming you will survive long enough to get Vicorn out. You wont. Also, I can easily banish him or negate his summoning. If I do, you lost the duel, then and there.

Empty Jar decks mill out the opponent in a couple of turns without the need of high attack.
---
You know those baboons are dead right Krazy?- Townshend27
You is a cool guy, you read my sig and doesnt afraid of anything.
#7game1997Posted 11/29/2011 5:17:14 PM
+3 Treacherous trap hole

<.<
---
You just don't get it do you.
I control you. -Nauske
#8donnydad(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2011 9:07:46 PM
I guess that no one here has mastery of this game. My bad. I shouldn't of assumed too much. But seriously, maybe the deck works for me cause it is my deck concept and I understand how much it works. Moving on: the last guy said 3 treacherous trap holes. What about them? Is this a jab or are you trying to tell a joke?