Making an Ice counter deck

#1Geminia999Posted 1/1/2012 2:59:26 PM
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Snowdust_Dragon

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ice_Master

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Cold_Enchanter

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Snow_Dragon

Now I believe a deck based around these guys would be using Snow to get the counters on the field, remove counters on my side with snow dust and lock the opponents monsters. Enchanter gets individual counters and master can wipe if she has too.

My problem here is I need some monsters to fill in the space. I was thinking ojama trio and grinder to make enough monsters for a snow into snow dust. I was also thinking Hydrogedon for swarming too. I also would like cards that let me destroy single monsters on my side of the field for advantages besides scrap dragon.

I also don't really want to run REDMD because it would take too much room I believe to work effectively. Also I was thinking Trade-in and diva with support would work nicely. Also how well would Ice barrier monsters work in a deck around these counters?
---
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should
#2Geminia999(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2012 6:49:12 PM(edited)
Here is a very rough deck I made, not tested yet, just a collection of ideas really

http://i.imgur.com/rgGGy.jpg

Also Pikeman is searched with diva for a level 8 synch and blue and starray is for trish and their moderately decent effects.
---
#3Geminia999(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2012 8:35:36 PM
I have been testing it and it is extremely slow. There is never enough monsters on the field for snow dragon to work and the only victory I got was because of diva.
---
#4game1997Posted 1/1/2012 9:14:33 PM
You forgot Ice Queen.
---
This will not have a side deck cause I feel like if a certain card was any good it would of made it in the main deck. -Donnydad
#5Geminia999(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2012 9:24:17 AM
Ice queen is a spell caster monster not an ice counter one.

Does any one have any suggestions to help the speed of it please.
---
#6Geminia999(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2012 6:22:27 PM
I really have no idea how to make a deck like this better. I don't know every card out there and really need some ideas on how to make a deck around ice counters work. Would it be better to try and make a deck that can get hand advantage and focuses on getting enchanter out quickly while locking out any monsters my opponent summons by using snow dust. I also need a good way to protect my monsters from effects as well.
---
#7crystallegends3Posted 1/2/2012 6:32:02 PM
Geminia999 posted...
I really have no idea how to make a deck like this better. I don't know every card out there and really need some ideas on how to make a deck around ice counters work. Would it be better to try and make a deck that can get hand advantage and focuses on getting enchanter out quickly while locking out any monsters my opponent summons by using snow dust. I also need a good way to protect my monsters from effects as well.

Do you have an updated build for it? Or is the one you posted as far as you got?
---
This sig is pointless like my sheer stupidity.
Now it's time to blow your door down without even touching it
#8Geminia999(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2012 6:41:22 PM
Yeah, I took out a snow dust, grinder, and trade-in for three grizzly's. Though I am kinda thinking grizzly doesn't have any decent targets except itself. That's it really. Also thanks crystal.
---
#9crystallegends3Posted 1/2/2012 6:43:03 PM
Geminia999 posted...
Yeah, I took out a snow dust, grinder, and trade-in for three grizzly's. Though I am kinda thinking grizzly doesn't have any decent targets except itself. That's it really. Also thanks crystal.

Your Welcome
---
This sig is pointless like my sheer stupidity.
Now it's time to blow your door down without even touching it
#10Windstorm101Posted 1/2/2012 6:47:18 PM
Geminia999 posted...

The sad truth is....there really isn't a way to make a deck focused on this any better. I'm not trying to be mean and I actually really applaud you for trying to be inventive and think outside the box. The problem is that there is not enough support for this archetype, and the support that does exist is rather poor to begin with. I can't really suggest anything to make this deck better because of this but I wish you luck in your future deck building endeavors.
---
Master of the Wind and Sky!