Solemn judgement versus monster reborn ocg

#1random_personPosted 4/14/2012 12:09:11 AM
Ok so player a normal summons a monster and player b solemns it. It dies goes to the graveyard yada yada yada. At later point in the game player a tries to monster reborn the earlier solemned monster, my buddy tells him he can't because it was solemned it never existed and I try to tell him that only applies for special summons like black luster soldier. He then tells me about an ocg ruling that recently became a tcg ruling that says you can't monster reborn any monster if it was solemned earlier.

I don't know anything about ocg rulings or any recent changes, can anyone clarify?
---
*Brownie points can be redeemed for actual brownies with 3 forms of identification at your nearest Jiffy Lube also Bulbasaur is #1 yo!
#2dwishsPosted 4/14/2012 12:16:55 AM
You could of brought the monster back you can only not bring back a negated monster that has a special summoning condition that was negated like BLS-EotB. If BLS-EotB is summoned properly first though it can then be brought back by monster reborn.
---
If I'm here, I'm here
If not deal with it
#3Savra104Posted 4/14/2012 12:20:51 AM(edited)
He's lying. Or horribly misinformed.

If a monster is Normal Summoned and its Summon is negated, it is free to be revived through the effect of Monster Reborn unless the card has text that says others. Ex. Winged Dragon of Ra or Felgrand Dragon (because it was never on the field before being sent to the Graveyard). Or cards that say "must first be ___ summoned by ___" like BLS-E.
#4FredCat07Posted 4/14/2012 5:14:08 AM
All NOMI Monsters can't be Special Summoned by other ways, except by Tribute/Banish certain monsters, like "Armed Dragon LV10" required to Tribute "Armed Dragon LV7" only.

All Special Summon-only Monsters must first Special Summoned by their own effect or by certain cards' cause before be able to Special Summoned by other ways, like with "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning"; he required to banish 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK Monsters from the Graveyard to SS from the hand.

And I happened to running into one duelist that told me he can Special Summoned the "Stardust Dragon" that I failed to Synchro Summon in first place (Solemn Warning'd) and he don't know that all Ritual/Fusion/Synchro/Xyz Summon are also "Special Summon-only" ruled.
---
I used to writing a signature like you, till I took a bullet in the knuckle. ~Random signer.