Is Yugi Muto still alive in the 5Ds era?

#1TinyTankXPosted 6/25/2012 7:15:06 AM
I know GX is 10 years from the end of The Dawn of the Duel.
---
Ape Escape is notable as the first video game to require the use of the Dual Analog Controller for gameplay.
#2lightdragoon88Posted 6/25/2012 7:25:48 AM
5D takes places hundred of years after GX.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#3FredCat07Posted 6/25/2012 7:52:42 AM
If Pegasus Maximillian is dead, then so do Yugi and Kaiba, as well as all other GX characters.
---
I used to writing a signature like you, till I took a bullet in the knuckle. ~Random signer.
#4WolfJouninPosted 6/25/2012 9:55:11 AM
lightdragoon88 posted...

Which is why Ushio/Trudge is alive, even though he bullied Yugi/Joey in school. I don't think there was ever a specific amount of time mentioned, but we can only assume it was 5-15 years after GX due to Ushio's age. Yugi and Kaiba may be alive, but that is never touched upon. It is however confirmed that Pegasus is dead, due to the fact that one of the WRGP's funders was the Pegasus J. Crawford Memorial Foundation.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#5dawnsetPosted 6/25/2012 9:55:15 AM
FredCat07 posted...
If Pegasus Maximillian is dead, then so do Yugi and Kaiba, as well as all other GX characters.

But Joey's cousin is still alive XD
---
It is time to unleash the Wrightness
HG Friend code: 4211 6295 5027 Kagome
#6wweflipchampPosted 6/25/2012 10:02:45 AM
WolfJounin posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...

Which is why Ushio/Trudge is alive, even though he bullied Yugi/Joey in school. I don't think there was ever a specific amount of time mentioned, but we can only assume it was 5-15 years after GX due to Ushio's age. Yugi and Kaiba may be alive, but that is never touched upon. It is however confirmed that Pegasus is dead, due to the fact that one of the WRGP's funders was the Pegasus J. Crawford Memorial Foundation.

it's safe to assume Ushio is NOT the the same one that bullied Yugi in the first series.
---
"Everyone has their own reason"-Cloud
PSN: flip-killah23 Pokemon Platinum FC:5241-9187-2223
#7returnofbeansPosted 6/25/2012 10:11:34 AM
dawnset posted...
FredCat07 posted...

But Joey's cousin is still alive XD

^ according to dub it's not very far in time. since that scene with joeys cousin, BUT on the other hand, i believe the sub didn't state that was joeys cousin at all.
---
eye'm the strongest! those who call idiots are the idiots you idiot!
Lol IGN: returnofbeans
#8lightdragoon88Posted 6/25/2012 10:24:38 AM
WolfJounin posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...

Not the same person.

Do you see 5D Trudge mentioning anything about Yugi or school?
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#9PeckingBirdPosted 6/25/2012 10:32:41 AM
lightdragoon88 posted...
WolfJounin posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...

Not the same person.

Could be Trudge descendant. His whole family generation is full of Trudge.
---
Shadow Trixie
#10WolfJouninPosted 6/25/2012 10:35:48 AM
lightdragoon88 posted...
WolfJounin posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...

Not the same person.

He was never friends with Yugi to begin with, and since when does every character magically talk about school (he wasn't that major of a character to completely delve into his back story, besides fans should already know)? So I guess you're just willing to claim that it is just coincidence that a character exists with the same name and appearance in the same franchise, even though it was confirmed that he is the same person in the10th anniversary book, because you don't want to admit you're wrong.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.