DN and lack of common sense

#11worldmindPosted 7/13/2012 1:42:58 AM
I was facing somebody who was using dark armed dragon. It took too long to explain that 5 was not exactly equal to 3...
#12Cloud8690(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2012 2:26:12 AM
Found the other thing that annoys me to no end, when people quit duels because they are losing and won't take the loss like a man (or woman).
---
Current Game: YGO 5D's 2011
XBL Gamertag: Tidus8690
#13Maleflover3257Posted 7/13/2012 4:19:44 AM
worldmind posted...
I was facing somebody who was using dark armed dragon. It took too long to explain that 5 was not exactly equal to 3...

I don't go on DN (I don't have an account and the site seems down or errored), but I used to have to explain things a lot to my brother when we first started Yu-Gi-Oh. However, I though something was fishy with him. he seemed to have extra cards in his hand at time and I accused him of cheating and adding them to his hand. Then, one day I did and he borke down to my mom and he nver ever did that again. But, he likes to straighten his deck and takes 3 minutes to do so and then he often looses in hand cards or on field cardes in it (supposedly, I think he's cheating, but he'll probably cry to mom eventually).

Also, lol, my friend had this rule when I first started dueling him. What was it you ask? It was that during the end phase if less then five cards were in are hand we'd draw until we had five cards. Now I don't understand that?

Anyone else have bad/laughable mistake IRL duel experience?

P.S. If you had to explain to a person that 5 doesn't equal 3, then they're either a really stinky cheater or they need to go back to first grade, lol!
#14FredCat07Posted 7/13/2012 5:10:27 AM
Cloud8690 posted...
VoidSeraphim posted...
There's only like...ten other topics about this in the front page...

Out of the 10 topics on the front page, none of them are talking about this. Closest is complaining about Admins.

He speak about 10 topics base on DN stuffs, but you're right they are nothing closer to what you're talking about.
---
I used to writing a signature like you, till I took a bullet in the knuckle. ~Random signer.
#15lightdragoon88Posted 7/13/2012 8:47:57 AM
worldmind posted...

I remember you talking about that.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#16CharocksPosted 7/13/2012 11:38:36 AM
When I played little kids at the TRU events I just rolled with the punches and didn't correct them. It's important to have fun. I even threw a few games so they wouldn't feel bad.

The thing that irked me the most was the dirty man-children who purposely played those kids to compensate their **** decks.

One of those guys tried a BETD rush with Lord of D and Flutes. He was "undefeated" with this strategy. Anyone could tell he was stacking his deck.

Heavy Storm and my own BEWD rush using Flutes let me hit him for 8k+ on the second turn.

He raged while I lol'd.
---
XBL GT- A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow to the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)
#17ZXpenguinlordPosted 7/13/2012 2:59:38 PM
People like to MST when I activate normal spell cards and think it negates them. Then throw a fit when I tell them they're wrong.
---
"Now it's a party! Greatest. Attack. Ever!" - Laguna Loire
Black FC: 3782 8655 8815
#18Meltemi_RafalaPosted 7/13/2012 3:38:48 PM(edited)
ZXpenguinlord posted...
People like to MST when I activate normal spell cards and think it negates them. Then throw a fit when I tell them they're wrong.

And then you MST when they play a continuous spell. Ah, always fun.
---
All above is completely true and accurate, unless it isn't.
#19MasterSpectrobePosted 7/14/2012 11:37:03 AM
Meltemi_Rafala posted...
ZXpenguinlord posted...

And then you MST when they play a continuous spell. Ah, always fun.

Ah mystical space typhoon brings me back to this

http://i.imgur.com/C5xbo.jpg

and this one is even worst

http://i.imgur.com/CZz6D.jpg
---
"Super Saiyans playing children's card games in space"
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8537/superyuuma1.jpg
#20SSJ2__GohanPosted 7/14/2012 2:56:32 PM
The MST stuff reminds me back when I still dueled online, in KCVDS. It was with Dust Tornado though, and it was because of its secondary effect. Opponent claimed he could set a Spirit Message with it, then activate it since Destiny Board was face-up, thereby speeding up Destiny Board. Apparantly, placing it on the field with Dust Tornado would bypass the effect that Spirit Message cards can only be placed on the field by Destiny Board.