Prophecy

#1Sith___MasterPosted 9/30/2012 1:16:29 PM
I was just wondering if someone could explain the basics of the deck and what not to me. I've been interested in the deck for a while, but never really looked at it until now. I'm not asking for a decklist or anything like that, just what the main focus is and which are the best cards to use for it.

Off the top of my head, I believe the main ones to use so far (that are released in the TCG) are:
High Priestess
Spellbook Magician
Temperance
Spellbook of Secrets
Spellbook of Wisdom
Spellbook of Power
Spellbook of Life

That's as much as I know so far. Also, is Hierophant needed or is he just kinda there?
---
"And all the wants, And all the needs, All I dont want to need at all."
#2Nickcool1996Posted 9/30/2012 1:24:52 PM
I see OCG decklists varying from summoning Priestess through Temperance, searching her through Justice, or just using Justice with lots of support. 3 Wisdom and some Breakers.

Main thing is get a Spellbook every turn and spam Priestess while doing other stuff. Its fun to work with the levels to Synchro and Xyz, and Hierophant is kind of just there.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg
#3Sith___Master(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2012 2:05:37 PM
Figured about Hierophant. Justice seems really good though for that effect. What are the best tuners to work in the deck if I decide to synchro? And is Chaos Sorcerer viable or is it not really needed since you have Priestess doing a lot of work.
---
#4LChaos2Posted 9/30/2012 2:13:13 PM(edited)
You can try an Effect Veiler that was already used.
---
EVERYTHING IS BRIGHT
#5Sith___Master(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2012 4:52:45 PM
LChaos2 posted...

Lol I meant besides that. And is Endymion any good in it or not at all?
---
#6mtdewking3Posted 9/30/2012 5:56:58 PM
Sith___Master posted...
LChaos2 posted...

Lol I meant besides that. And is Endymion any good in it or not at all?

He's good. Temperance gets him out pretty easy and he's a dark target if you want to run BLS
---
http://i.imgur.com/H04OL.jpg
#7Sith___Master(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2012 9:30:42 PM
So I'm assuming that High Priestess is mandatory for the deck, just wanted to ask if 3 are necessary and should I be expecting a price increase for them for when the next set comes out?
---
#8legendarylemurPosted 9/30/2012 10:32:38 PM
I've ran a Prophecy deck for a while, and I've constructed a pretty consistent Fortune Ladies variant of it, but here's the rundown of what you've listed:

High Priestess - Best at 2, your main boss card. Always summon with Temperance, unless you're lucky enough to get 3 spellbooks and this card.
Spellbook Magician - Good at 0-3. This is all up to preference. It's too slow imo, but if you need that extra spellbook, it might be useful to normal summon it, but in the long run, it's just better to add more Spellbooks than this guy.
Temperance - Best at 2-3. This card is amazing. It searches High Priestess (or Fortune Lady Dark) automatically. Use a Spellbook of Secret or Power. Only downside is that you can't make huge plays, but you gotta be conservative with this deck anyways.
Spellbook of Secrets - Always 3. Amazing card, gets Spellbook in the grave, lets you use Temperance
Spellbook of Wisdom - 0-2. It's alright. The only good side is that it's a quick-play, but there are cards that do this better.
Spellbook of Power - Always 3. Even more amazing card. This is the best spellbook. 3 Secrets and 3 Powers always guarantee you to get enough spellbook in your grave to do activate effects and whatnot.
Spellbook of Life - 1-2. 3 is a dead draw sometimes, but you could put 3. This is what makes Fortune Ladies in this deck overpowered literally. It's tricky to use, but it banishes a Fortune Lady for Fortune's Slip, and it increases the level of the monster you summoned by the banished monster, making Dark an easy 4000 beater for example, or summoning Water for that 2 draw. If not Fortune Ladies, always use this card to get back your High Priestess. This also lets you use Temperance.

Also consider Justice. She searches High Priestess or Chaos Sorc as well as a Spellbook. I wouldn't put her more than 2 though, and 1 might be pretty good.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
Official legendarylemur. Totally real
#9Sith___Master(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2012 11:09:37 PM
Well I'm looking into making the deck and nothing is a problem to get besides High Priestess. She's just so damn expensive for some reason. For 3 its insane. So either shelling out a bunch just to get her, try to trade for them or hope for lucky random pulls.

Yeah, first option is seeming more likely.
---
#10legendarylemurPosted 9/30/2012 11:42:30 PM
Sith___Master posted...
Well I'm looking into making the deck and nothing is a problem to get besides High Priestess. She's just so damn expensive for some reason. For 3 its insane. So either shelling out a bunch just to get her, try to trade for them or hope for lucky random pulls.

Yeah, first option is seeming more likely.

High Priestess at 3 is a dead draw waiting to happen. She's so easy to summon that you need at least 1, but you want to have more High Priestess than 1, so 2 is the most optimal. Her destroy effect is amazing and works well with Alma Spellbook, but I think that's still only OCG
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
Official legendarylemur. Totally real