A Man With Wdjat

#1itachi134Posted 10/4/2012 8:12:51 PM
I'm running 3. You should always main 1 and side 2. He's amazing in this format.
---
My name was Itachi before the wack Naruto anime
My name was Itachi before Jesus celebrated the first sabbath on a Saturday
#2Dusk_GoldPosted 10/4/2012 8:16:51 PM
Patroid
#3WolfJouninPosted 10/5/2012 4:32:57 AM(edited)
So I should at least main 1, and side 2 because its gonna last until the standby phase with 1600 ATK and no self-protection, to get its effect to see 1 set card and serve no other purpose. You're claiming he is amazing in a format where there is 3 MST and Storm to make set spells/traps a far less threat for it to waste time to try and see first, and far less reliable protection for it. So he's worth running over other monsters at a point in the game where monsters are very likely to +1 via draw/search/destroying, be high ATK for low level with aforementioned effect while being supported or supporting the deck's theme, or self-summon beatsticks that still might +1 usually in the same turn and/or have self protection.

You can't even combo it well, like with Mind Haxorz/Deck Devastation Virus and Mind Crush, and like with some level 4 monsters like Stratos/Lyla/Etc Etc and Summoner Monk. It is not even worth a side deck. Not in this game, not in real life. Never has been. If you like it, then great.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#4itachi134(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 4:10:44 PM
WolfJounin posted...
So I should at least main 1, and side 2 because its gonna last until the standby phase with 1600 ATK and no self-protection

He gets his effect off upon summon. Also he gets it off again each stand-by phase, so no. You WILL get to see one of your opponents cards, and that is a game breaking effect to have. How many times have you been Mirror Force bluffed into not attacking? Well, not anymore. A Man With Wdjat changes all of that. How many times has your opponent +1'd you with a set MST turn 1? Not anymore they wont. Summon A Man With Wdjat on your opening play, and see what they have down there. After that, its smooth sailing.

Card is bananas.
---
#5itachi134(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 4:11:00 PM
Dusk_Gold posted...
Patroid

Lol Patroid. A Man With Wdjat is dark attribute and has 1600 attack. Wayyyyy better than Patroid.
---
#6MasterPokerPosted 10/5/2012 4:36:20 PM
Milla the Temporal Magician > this.

He won't survive a turn anyway, and she blocks BTH/TT.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Currently ranked 6th: Xuande
#7WolfJouninPosted 10/5/2012 6:49:18 PM(edited)
itachi134 posted...
WolfJounin posted...
So I should at least main 1, and side 2 because its gonna last until the standby phase with 1600 ATK and no self-protection

He gets his effect off upon summon. Also he gets it off again each stand-by phase, so no. You WILL get to see one of your opponents cards, and that is a game breaking effect to have. How many times have you been Mirror Force bluffed into not attacking? Well, not anymore. A Man With Wdjat changes all of that. How many times has your opponent +1'd you with a set MST turn 1? Not anymore they wont. Summon A Man With Wdjat on your opening play, and see what they have down there. After that, its smooth sailing.

Card is bananas.

My mistake on the summon part, but that makes both of us on a mistake, because MST'ing a set MST is not a +1, its a +/-0. Okay, so say you draw Man with Wdjat, and see mirror force. Great. Now what if you don't have MST/Storm in hand? What if you could have drawn those, or another answer like DAD/Ryko/Rescue Rabbit for Laggia/etc etc instead of him hogging up your draw and normal summon? What if you had those, and could have used them, then summoned a far better monster after using one?

A far better, but still hardly ever used card is Breaker. He can take out 1 set spell/trap card, and still have the same ATK, or can be used as a better beatstick if they have no set cards to destroy. What about Lyla? She has 100 more ATK, and can get rid of a spell/trap once per turn and helps you mill your deck, and can be combo'd with Summoner Monk. Oh, they can chain bottomless/warning? Can't they do the same to him? I guess not, since he isn't much of a threat to waste those on. Oh, your opponent has more than 1 set card, so you might destroy the wrong one? Well Man of Wdjat doesn't destroy any anyways, at least the others do so you don't have to deal with it later or by using an additional card. Oh, you wanna see your opponents set monster? Just destroy it with an effect, or have protection for your better monster instead of Wdjat.
---
#8Nickcool1996Posted 10/5/2012 7:38:38 PM
MasterPoker posted...
Milla the Temporal Magician > this.

He won't survive a turn anyway, and she blocks BTH/TT.

Plus, Light.

Oh yeah, and art.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg
#9FlameDragon2Posted 10/5/2012 8:55:12 PM
WolfJounin posted...

This guy fell for it. Hard.
---
Life sucks, deal with it.
3DS FC in profile.
#10WolfJouninPosted 10/5/2012 9:16:05 PM
FlameDragon2 posted...
WolfJounin posted...

This guy fell for it. Hard.

There is a difference between falling for it, and being bored.
---