Effect Veiler vs. Fiendish Chain vs. Divine Wrath

#1superange128Posted 12/6/2012 10:19:36 AM
Which monster effect-negating card is the best/most useful card overall? - Results (26 votes)
Effect Veiler
46.15% (12 votes)
Fiendish Chain
15.38% (4 votes)
Divine Wrath
23.08% (6 votes)
Some other card I didn't mention
15.38% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Effect Veiler can only be used on your opponent's Main Phases, but only a select few cards can counter it and it can be used a tuner if needed.

Fiendish Chain can.. well chain to any summon or activation or anything. It also prevents a monster from attacking. However, since you can MST or Heavy Storm out of it, it means the monster can reactivate its effects and attack.

Divine Wrath is the most costly in that you need to discard 1 card to activate, however it's the only one that also destorys the monster using the effect as opposed to just negating (Veiler) or preventing from attacking (Chain). You don't have to worry about MST when it's activated so you just have to worry about counter traps.
---
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4343/narm2.gif
#2VoidSeraphimPosted 12/6/2012 10:34:46 AM
Depends on the deck. Chain could be recycled in some decks and generally a good card for a deck that needs to protect from attacks, while Veiler is more useful as chaos fodder or in synchro decks.
---
"With kindness comes naivete. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward..."
#3TaxerPosted 12/6/2012 10:40:46 AM
Veiler if you want Chaos fodder. Can also help you make Catastor or Stardust/Scrap in situations that are really needed. Fiendish Chain if you run a deck that requires board presence and can't run Gorz. However, it's easily the lesser option of the two just due to how much spell/trap removal we have in the game, along with cards like Forbidden Lance. Divine Wrath is too costly to be ran in multiples, so most decks don't run it. Skill Drain is my favorite option since it's stops a lot of decks, but many decks can't run it.
---
http://i52.tinypic.com/2lbmhzo.jpg
Check out my YuGiOh Youtube channel | http://www.youtube.com/user/TaxerTheTyrant
#4Wildfire1313Posted 12/6/2012 10:45:20 AM
I like Forbidden Chalice the most.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ic15d2.jpg
#5BobTDonutPosted 12/6/2012 12:14:56 PM
Harold of Orange Light.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/SpVUU.jpg
#6lightdragoon88Posted 12/6/2012 12:18:42 PM
Destiny Hero Plasma.

Seal their effects and absorbs their monsters.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#7FredCat07Posted 12/6/2012 2:27:09 PM
lightdragoon88 posted...
Destiny Hero Plasma.

Seal their effects and absorbs their monsters.

Effects, yeeeesssss. But not Condition/Cost, such as "Exiled Force" or "Stardust Dragon".
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#8KeepItCivilPosted 12/6/2012 2:31:20 PM
Divine Wrath has problems... The graveyard is just not a safe place to send monsters anymore. Anyway, in art, Fiendish chain. In effect... not sure about Fiendish chain or veiler.
---
Kill dangerous wildlife and wear it as a hat.
#9Bluestar72Posted 12/7/2012 3:25:05 PM
At the risk of sounding like a moron, I never really understood why Effect Veiler is so well loved. It's a pretty decent card (especially with Rabbits and Tour Guides, and synergy with Chaos), but it has quite a few restrictions...

-Only during Main Phase. Very inconvinient when, say, a Shi En is on the field. Even if you do Veiler it before the Battle Phase, that's just a red flag that you have a trap ready.

-Only targets monsters on the field. Elemental HERO Abs Zero, Dark Worlds, Plaguespreader Zombie, Battle Fader, Tragodia, Gorz, Honest, Genex Ally Birdman, Atlanteans, Stardust Dragon, Thunder King Rai-Oh, Doom Caliber Knight, and even other Effect Veilers laugh at this.

-Not to mention that it won't actually eliminate a threat, it just delays it's effects, and it can still attack. BLS and Judgement Dragon, for instance.

Fiendish Chain is alright. No cost, and it does stop effects and attacks from a threat, but it can countered with MST, and once again, only targets monsters on the field.

Divine Wrath is underrated, if you ask me. It is capable of destroying and negating monsters that are not on the field. The discard can hurt, but if it is well placed it can be worth the cost.
---
How many lasers does it take to open a bank account at McDonalds?
#10012yArthur0Posted 12/7/2012 3:52:02 PM
Bluestar72 posted...
At the risk of sounding like a moron, I never really understood why Effect Veiler is so well loved. It's a pretty decent card (especially with Rabbits and Tour Guides, and synergy with Chaos), but it has quite a few restrictions...

-Only during Main Phase. Very inconvinient when, say, a Shi En is on the field. Even if you do Veiler it before the Battle Phase, that's just a red flag that you have a trap ready.

-Only targets monsters on the field. Elemental HERO Abs Zero, Dark Worlds, Plaguespreader Zombie, Battle Fader, Tragodia, Gorz, Honest, Genex Ally Birdman, Atlanteans, Stardust Dragon, Thunder King Rai-Oh, Doom Caliber Knight, and even other Effect Veilers laugh at this.

-Not to mention that it won't actually eliminate a threat, it just delays it's effects, and it can still attack. BLS and Judgement Dragon, for instance.

Fiendish Chain is alright. No cost, and it does stop effects and attacks from a threat, but it can countered with MST, and once again, only targets monsters on the field.

Divine Wrath is underrated, if you ask me. It is capable of destroying and negating monsters that are not on the field. The discard can hurt, but if it is well placed it can be worth the cost.

Simply put: Effect Veiler is the only one in those 3 that can't suffer ****blocks from S/T removal, aside of being unpredictable since your opponent can't really see your hand (unless of course by another card effect).

Also, the card itself is a monster, and a tuner, even if somewhat unnecessary at today's meta, this trait makes it more versatile between others. Also, It's light. BLS food.

Surely, the major problem comes from when and what Veiler targets. Chaos Dragons made Veiler almost useless because of the pure beatdown style they had, caring less about if the effect is negated or not. And mostly comes from grave.

But the fact still remains: This card alone stops combos and let you live. And you need to main at least 2 "effect-negat'o'rs" at todays meta. Effect Veiler takes the cake for reasons above, aside of being the only "chick" card that Yusei actually had in deck.
---
Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained. ~~ Gilgamesh