this is seriously one of the worst competitive TCG's out there. why love it?

#1Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 3/19/2013 1:36:05 PM
konami doesn't give 2 ****s about the fanbase. their only goal is to make money. this is one of the only games i can think of where buying a booster box is a complete gamble and you have no hopes of breaking even.

then they release cards with mediocre effects, yet you need to run as a 3 of as secret rares that will be impossible to pull unless bought as singles. these go for 200+. each metagame requires you to have almost a completely different deck with a completely different engine. banlists only serve to bump prices on cards. really man, what the hell is with this game.

all of the people i know IRL who play this game hate on it so bad. this game also has the most unsporting players who will rage about bad hands, good plays by opponent etc. and will argue the hell out of rulings which they think are right but arent even close to being right.

oh, and everytime a new set is released, get to studying. each card has paragraph long effects with all kinds of conditions for activation that you need to memorize or else look like a total fool. you need to be a friggin lawyer to play this game. a rich lawyer.
---
imanalt.
#2austinglPosted 3/19/2013 1:47:44 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
konami doesn't give 2 ****s about the fanbase. their only goal is to make money. this is one of the only games i can think of where buying a booster box is a complete gamble and you have no hopes of breaking even.

then they release cards with mediocre effects, yet you need to run as a 3 of as secret rares that will be impossible to pull unless bought as singles. these go for 200+. each metagame requires you to have almost a completely different deck with a completely different engine. banlists only serve to bump prices on cards. really man, what the hell is with this game.

all of the people i know IRL who play this game hate on it so bad. this game also has the most unsporting players who will rage about bad hands, good plays by opponent etc. and will argue the hell out of rulings which they think are right but arent even close to being right.

oh, and everytime a new set is released, get to studying. each card has paragraph long effects with all kinds of conditions for activation that you need to memorize or else look like a total fool. you need to be a friggin lawyer to play this game. a rich lawyer.

I don't need a lawyer to play this game. Maybe you just can't comprehend more than 3 sentences at a time. Also it makes the game more diverse and in a sense the play ability more custom. I see nothing wrong with the game except that you can special summon 5 monsters in a turn. Other than that i have no complaints. It really is no that difficult at all.
---
Official Red Eyes B. Dragon of WC2011 board
White 2 FC: 2667 1094 4948
#3Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 1:50:13 PM
there is no reason for one card to have a paragraph long conditional effect. its not about being able to comprehend it or not. its about why the hell is that even necessary in the first place. its complete nonsense, lol.

and i said you needed to BE a lawyer, not have one. you do more reading in this game than you do in school.
---
imanalt.
#4austinglPosted 3/19/2013 1:57:19 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
there is no reason for one card to have a paragraph long conditional effect. its not about being able to comprehend it or not. its about why the hell is that even necessary in the first place. its complete nonsense, lol.

and i said you needed to BE a lawyer, not have one. you do more reading in this game than you do in school.

I look at it like this. I could play pokemon TCG. But i would get bored really fast because you have to wait 4 years for new pokemon to come out. OR i can just play this game where i get new cards every few months. And so what if they are a little bit long in the effects, it adds diversity because almost every card is different from each other and allows you to make any number of decks that you want to.

I assume by your post you don't like to read? Why not it's way better than watching a movie because you can get more in depth with the characters and the plots.

Also before the major flamers get here. I just want to let you know that i mean no disrespect as they do when they get here. This board is pretty tough.
---
Official Red Eyes B. Dragon of WC2011 board
White 2 FC: 2667 1094 4948
#5MasterPokerPosted 3/19/2013 1:58:32 PM
That's why I only play Yugioh digitally.

Currently getting into Kaijudo with my family and having fun with it. Mana limits the special summoning BS, while being able to play any card as mana limits mana hosing.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#6TTuvilloPosted 3/19/2013 2:02:42 PM
You're bad and you should feel bad.
---
Dueling Network Administrator
3DS FC: 0516 7371 8875
#7lulzacePosted 3/19/2013 2:07:01 PM
>proof that school is pointless
---
Official Kyuubi No Kitsune of the SMT IV Boards.
Plz let SMTxFE Hito-Shura have Freikugel!
#8Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 2:19:32 PM
MasterPoker posted...
That's why I only play Yugioh digitally.

Currently getting into Kaijudo with my family and having fun with it. Mana limits the special summoning BS, while being able to play any card as mana limits mana hosing.

kaijudo is a great game. very balanced, inexpensive to play, free events, free promos for attending events, booster boxes always break even or better, and the game is picking up.

i also love the kaijudo artworks. yugioh artworks are boring and bland.
---
imanalt.
#9MasterPokerPosted 3/19/2013 2:48:00 PM
Liking Cobalt Control so far, cracked an Andromeda at the Set Premiere last weekend too.

My sons are running Laser-Arm/Hydra rush and Tempo/Slayer.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#10Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 3:09:11 PM
MasterPoker posted...
Liking Cobalt Control so far, cracked an Andromeda at the Set Premiere last weekend too.

My sons are running Laser-Arm/Hydra rush and Tempo/Slayer.

i was running saberbolt before DSI. planning to run dracothane DWL control for DSI.
---
imanalt.