2013 Meta Deck Tier List Question?

#11AwesomeMarioPosted 5/1/2013 3:05:21 PM
silvereyes47 posted...
occupine posted...
silvereyes47 posted...
occupine posted...
dark worlds get destroyed easily and can't bounce back. Agents have amazing control. Frognarchs get destroyed by any banish deck. Try researching or quit trolling

your reasoning isn't good enough. every Anti-Meta type is stronger againts corresponding Meta type.

everybody know that Banish/Anti Special Summon Anti-Meta work best againts Meta.

if you assume, everyone will come up with Anti-Meta, then you're sorry...

and this isn't a troll. this board is meant for people to ask and share their opinions. gamefaqs isn't your average board where people should come up to your liking.

shadow-imprisoning mirror. gemini imps. soul drain. bottomless trap hole. Macro cosmos. dimentional prison. necrovalley. karma cut. need any more?

you got it all wrong, dude...

i'm asking about the reasoning behind Meta deck Tier list/ranking.

why do you feed me with Anti Meta cards list?

You ever heard of something called the Side deck? Side deck is used between matches so that you can swap cards in your main deck with the side deck so game 2 (and possibly 3) makes your life harder/easier. For example, I'm in a match using Dark World vs Agents, I proceed to win game 1 and my opponent then sides Shadow Imprisoning mirtor and Gemini imps while he swapped out some cards that wouldn't help him vs Dark World.

That's the reason why he listed those "Anti-Meta cards". Some people side those cards, Dimensional Fissure is basically a side deck staple if you don't have a deck that abuses the graveyard like Dark World.
---
Friend Codes,NN and PSN is in profile
People who think I'm Awesome: 17
#12silvereyes47(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 3:07:26 PM
XxJCLxX posted...
1. G.A.M has the ability to "go off" easier than D.W. plus it is more consistent.

2. Hieratic can only "go off" once then they are screwed unlike the other decks that can "go off" multiple times easilly. Also they can get stopped very easilly then they struggle to come back from it. Also not very consistent.

3. Agents have many big cards that can easilly change the duel (BLS,Sorcerer,Hyperion,Kristya,Honest in hand etc) plus can control the field/grave easy.

4. Frog Monarch's are a good deck that can stall but they can easilly get beat if you can get around their Gachi's/Slacker/Gorz/Fader's.

thanks for your answer, but some are still vague for me.

1. can you explain which part of G.A.M. ability which is easier than D.W.? does consistency is synonym of "slow but more reliable"?

2. agreed. so once screwed that gonna be the end of us? i bet every Meta are like that - i experienced that after clearing all fields and swarming the field, my foe unleash Dark Hole out of nowhere and i was off...

3. you're talking about Twilight, not Agent.

4. agreed.
---
"Out of two will come one and out of one will come great power. Let's rev it up! I synchro summon Silver-Eyes Phantom Dragon!"
#13AwesomeMarioPosted 5/1/2013 3:12:24 PM
silvereyes47 posted...
1. can you explain which part of G.A.M. ability which is easier than D.W.? does consistency is synonym of "slow but more reliable"?

Let me explain, Consistency does not mean slow, it means more reliable and doesn't rely on the same kind of hand. For example, Dark World NEEDS a way to discard all the time to actually be a threat and the bad thing about DW is that you generally don't get the hand you need to actually win the duel, I main DW and that's what I hate about my deck, you wouldn't believe how horrible some hands can be.
---
#14silvereyes47(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 3:21:30 PM
Bluestar72 posted...
After your recent posts, I still think you are a troll or a Zexal alt, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt...

1. "GAM" decks are more consistent. Dark Worlds, while still quite good, are perhaps one of the easiest decks to side against. Any Grave hate cripples it.

The presence of "GAM" decks (with the same weaknesses) also makes Grave hate cards even more worthwhile to side.

2. Inconsistent, and it relies too much on Extra Deck cards and other main deck cards to make any big plays.

3. Agents have amazing control, defense, and overall versatility. Venus + Shine Balls, Earth to grab Hyperion (still one of the better boss monsters around). They are also pretty difficult to side against, with their only real weaknesses being Macro/DFissure and Light Imprisoning Mirror. They can easily negate or destroy Macro/DFissure with an effect or with staple S/T removal; Light imprisoning mirror is far less played as pure LIGHT decks are not currently very saturated right now.

4. I've heard of Monarchs being successful in locals and regionals still. In the long run, though, they fall flat compared to meta decks and general Grave hate.

5. First turn is pretty much always better. Just don't go guns blazing showing off your best monsters. Lay some traps to deter their first plays and maybe a good defensive, FLIP, or lockdown monster and call it a day. In the best case scenario, your opponents field will remain relatively vulnerable at turn 3.

1. do you mean G.A.M. is strong againts Anti-Meta Banish deck? so the ranking is based on how well the deck survive againts Anti-Meta?

2. true.

3. i don't agree with Agents have amazing control. Agents lack the ability to swarm and clear field and they're frail to trap cards. even some low rate beatdown deck could triumph againts it.

4. agreed.

5. thanks for your good tips.
---
"Out of two will come one and out of one will come great power. Let's rev it up! I synchro summon Silver-Eyes Phantom Dragon!"
#15silvereyes47(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 3:25:25 PM
AwesomeMario posted...
You ever heard of something called the Side deck? Side deck is used between matches so that you can swap cards in your main deck with the side deck so game 2 (and possibly 3) makes your life harder/easier. For example, I'm in a match using Dark World vs Agents, I proceed to win game 1 and my opponent then sides Shadow Imprisoning mirtor and Gemini imps while he swapped out some cards that wouldn't help him vs Dark World.

That's the reason why he listed those "Anti-Meta cards". Some people side those cards, Dimensional Fissure is basically a side deck staple if you don't have a deck that abuses the graveyard like Dark World.

i know about Side deck, i just hardly go for a match. thanks for your tips. i already knew that Anti-Meta Side deck cards.
---
#16AwesomeMarioPosted 5/1/2013 3:28:28 PM
silvereyes47 posted...
i know about Side deck, i just hardly go for a match. thanks for your tips. i already knew that Anti-Meta Side deck cards.

There's your problem. In order to judge a deck, you have to factor in matches with side decks, not single duels. Tournaments always use a 2 out of 3 Match format with Side and using that format is how tiers are determined. If it weren't that way, DW would have an easier time as they generally are amazing in game 1.
---
#17silvereyes47(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 3:33:12 PM
AwesomeMario posted...
silvereyes47 posted...

Let me explain, Consistency does not mean slow, it means more reliable and doesn't rely on the same kind of hand. For example, Dark World NEEDS a way to discard all the time to actually be a threat and the bad thing about DW is that you generally don't get the hand you need to actually win the duel, I main DW and that's what I hate about my deck, you wouldn't believe how horrible some hands can be.

DW is my favorite so far, but Prophecy will always be the best. it's just boring for me to play Prophecy, i feel like cheating whenever i play Prophecy.

you need a good combination of hand remove cards and monsters in DW, but whatever it is if you got bad hands then it's doom... that's apply for all decks.

i'm not a fan of G.A.M. i know G.A.M could clear the field, versatile and swarming at the same time.but most of the time, i can't pull out the desired card at the right momentum.

any tips for me about how to play G.A.M effectively?
---
#18FredCat07Posted 5/1/2013 3:36:06 PM
silvereyes47 posted...
1. why does they put G.A.M. (Genex Atalantean Mermail) in Tier 1 and Dark World in Tier 2? after testing both deck, i feel that Dark World is faster and stronger than G.A.M.

It's because you had more experience with Dark World, more than G.A.M., to be honestly. So like other (honestly) user said, I would suggest you to practice some more with G.A.M. and discover more combine include that recipe. Also be sure to preparing the Side Deck in the case if you're challenge the deck that can tearing you apart.

Wind-Up is a failure since Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity got banned... i guess i was too late...

2. why does they put Hieratic in Tier 3? i just recently master Hieratic. after more than 5 hours of learning, tons of failures and despair... i finally devise my build up Hieratic deck. not so reliable, though. but if you're lucky enough you could clear the field and swarming at the same time.

It's not too late, even Zenmaity got banned or not - there were other that already discovered a way to making Wind-Up workable, without Zenmaity. I kidded you not, just check the YouTube and you will know.

So for question, like with the first one, it has strength and weakness - it can be beatable and can be flawing when you went against the one that was well-defensing against that recipe. I also playing Hieratic IRL, and I can easily pulled out two Gaia Dragoon (Xyz Versions) along with single Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon with his ATK at 0. All you had to do was to pull a right cards at right times.

3. why does they put Agent deck in Tier 2? what so good about Agent deck? it's nowhere near Dark World and Hieratic.

Venus Engine is their only good engine to filling up the field quickly, which can leaning into Synchro/Xyz Summon Spamming combine. In which you can often get at least 1 of each; Hyperion, Synchro Monster and Xyz Monster, on the field before you could finishing your turn. I know that it's making you scratch your head, try to grasp the situation of how I had done that...

4. i don't see Monarch Variant deck: Frog Monarch and Sealancer Frog in the roster. is that both deck a complete crap/junk?

They are more of field control, which is little slower than most Meta Decks. If you want to using them right, just get load of Caius/Raiza with Treeborn Frog and 1 or no Trap Card. (Treacherous Trap Hole is the only trap card you can using)

5. is it just me or Meta deck work best if we somehow get the 2nd turn? i always swear whenever i got the 1st turn while using Meta deck. 1st turn hold down my ability to clear field and launch full assault, thus making my foe easily counter, clearing my field and reducing my LP. damn... 1st turn isn't fair...

for all the responds/answers, i generously say thank you very much.

Half of the time they work that way, other half they don't. If you went first, just put down some counter combine to slowing your opponent down before you can set up your blast-off style combine. I once went first with Hieratic OTK, and ended up wasting that combine as I couldn't able to attacking at that turn. But alas, I learned how to make the combine work that way at first time before I went full assault on the second duel with Hieratic OTK. You're not alone - there are allot of duelists that also have some struggles to complete it before they can pull it each time in later duels.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
#19AwesomeMarioPosted 5/1/2013 3:43:51 PM(edited)
silvereyes47 posted...
AwesomeMario posted...
silvereyes47 posted...

DW is my favorite so far, but Prophecy will always be the best. it's just boring for me to play Prophecy, i feel like cheating whenever i play Prophecy.

you need a good combination of hand remove cards and monsters in DW, but whatever it is if you got bad hands then it's doom... that's apply for all decks.

i'm not a fan of G.A.M. i know G.A.M could clear the field, versatile and swarming at the same time.but most of the time, i can't pull out the desired card at the right momentum.

any tips for me about how to play G.A.M effectively?

Thing is, G.A.M can search the deck with just one card, unlike DW that needs 2 (snoww and discard method) There's more consistency in it as there are a ton of options within that deck, Deep sea Diva and Undine are the best way to start since undine searches and Deep sea diva gives you gachi gachi or catastor almost all of the time. I can't tell you how to play the deck right now but if you got time in like 15 minutes, I can duel on DN.
---
#20silvereyes47(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 3:39:48 PM
AwesomeMario posted...
silvereyes47 posted...

There's your problem. In order to judge a deck, you have to factor in matches with side decks, not single duels. Tournaments always use a 2 out of 3 Match format with Side and using that format is how tiers are determined. If it weren't that way, DW would have an easier time as they generally are amazing in game 1.

i'll keep that in mind. thanks.
---