What tier is Mecha Phantom Beast?

#11TTuvilloPosted 5/4/2013 7:36:25 AM
Exactly. I had a similar reaction.
---
Dueling Network Administrator
3DS FC: 0516 7371 8875
#12ShamackPosted 5/4/2013 10:22:38 AM
yep same.
I loved them because I run token decks in MTG, I used to run splicers, now I run 2 decks, Selesnya Populate based around Beasts and Wurms, and a Stolen Identity (make a token that's a copy of any other monster (or artifact)).

The issue is that spamming tokens isn't an option in yu-gi-oh, due to the 5 monster limit.
if MPB could have more then 5, then it may be a threat (though so would a lot of other stuff too)
---
The Crystal Beast Duelist
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Shamack/csb_zpsc8ea299a.jpg
#13zane0144(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 6:14:40 PM
TTuvillo posted...
Lets just start all the way at the top.

What are your win conditions and how are you getting to them?

I'm not very good at this stuff :/ I guess swarm field with monsters or XYZ Big Eye/Drago. Use Fiend's Sanctuary for easy tokens and search out Harri-Ards and Mega-Raptors. Use the others for control and revival.

Also Creature Swap in a pinch. Combo with Grinder Golem sometimes.
---
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjEN-zFlDQ
#14silvereyes47Posted 5/4/2013 8:33:06 PM
TC, could you post your full deck list? and how do you play with it?

as you know, your deck is vulnerable to traps. my best bet you should achive your victory by BURN effect damage - tributing Tokens for effect damage. i don't think you could swarm and beatdown with Mecha Phantom Beast, unless you ask for God cards... Obelisk... the Tormentor...
---
"Target confirmed. Commenching immediate destruction."
#15zane0144(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 9:07:19 PM
Monster:

2x Grinder Golem
3x Mega-Raptor
3xHarri-ard
2xTether-wolf
1-2x Colt-wing
2-3x Falcon
2x Ham-strato
3x Genex Ally Birdman

Spells:

1x Heavy Storm
3x Fiend's Sanctuary
2x Creature Swap
1x Dark Hole
1x Monster Reborn
3x MST
1x Limiter Removal

Traps:
3x Spiritual Wind Art-Miyabi
1x Solemn Judgement
1x Solemn Warning
2x Torrential Tribute/Bottomless/whatever you prefer
2x Staunch defender/ Token Stampede/Token Sundae? (Haven't found anything too good to put here yet)

Extra:

1x Starform Dragon
1x Mist Wurm (Ham-Strato into Birdman)
1x Black Rose
1x Concor Ruda
1x Pschiconductor Behemoth
1x Beast God Vulcan
1x Catastor
1x Super Dreadnought Gustaph Canon Max
2x Drago-Sack
1x Big Eye
1x Constellar Ptolemys Meisser 7
1x Photon Strike Bounzer
1x Utopia
1x Lightning Chidori

Side: (No real side-deck yet)
3x Droll & Lock Bird

I've been through a bunch of builds including pure, Mist Valley Harpie, Black Garden, Aerial charge, ect. I like this the best. It also dawns on me that I can add Gorz back now that I don't rely on field spells as much.

So maybe
+1 Gorz
+1 Creature Swap
-2 Staunch
---
#16silvereyes47Posted 5/4/2013 10:54:15 PM
great, thanks for the deck list.

but what's the big idea of this deck? could you post a simple tutorial here?

Grinder Golem is a BIG question here. you need Mecha Phantom Beast already on the field 1st before hand.

as far as i can see, Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi and Token Sundae are the key cards. Synchro on the other hand. you must be aware that this deck hardly has staples, except Fiend's Sanctuary.

i don't think you could pull out Xyz lv 7 that easily... since besides Ham-Strato and Tether-Wolf, every other Mecha Phantom Beast require a difficult condition to produce their own token.

and lastly why don't you put God cards or high lv monster there?
---
"Target confirmed. Commenching immediate destruction."
#17zane0144(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 8:05:46 AM(edited)
silvereyes47 posted...
great, thanks for the deck list.

but what's the big idea of this deck? could you post a simple tutorial here?

Grinder Golem is a BIG question here. you need Mecha Phantom Beast already on the field 1st before hand.

as far as i can see, Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi and Token Sundae are the key cards. Synchro on the other hand. you must be aware that this deck hardly has staples, except Fiend's Sanctuary.

i don't think you could pull out Xyz lv 7 that easily... since besides Ham-Strato and Tether-Wolf, every other Mecha Phantom Beast require a difficult condition to produce their own token.

and lastly why don't you put God cards or high lv monster there?

Well like I said, I've just been playing around. God Cards would seem just as slow since they have to wait until next turn to summon it. But I can try them if they work well. Grinder Golem is just a place holder card anyway.

But anyways, harriard is a key card. It's effect is actually pretty easy to use with a turn of set up.
Ham-> Harri -> Any lv4 MPB gets you an effect and another token. Then you can go for a rank 7 or a rank 10 if you summoned Raptor with harri. And if I'm unlucky with my tokens that's what Lightning Chidori and Utopia are there for. (P.S. I think I posted an old extra deck because I noticed Gear Gigant X on it. He's there for searching.)

If they have something strong I creature swap it. And If you have Birdman you can synch with any two tokens to get Mist Wurm. (Usually with Ham). Go Tether-> Birdman -> level 6 (Sadly level 6's still aren't that great). Level 7's aren't too hard since most of the deck is level 4's. And and Starform can get out with any two MPB's (Other than strato) and with a swapped Grinder Golem.

Otherwise the deck kind of stalls until I get that.

Edit: Also in any case where you want to get rid of tokens (For whatever reason) Genex is a good sub for Token Sundae as you can just keep attempting to summon it. Since it can't really be summoned by bouncing back tokens. Say you have all your monsters lv 13 or 10 but you want Big Eye. Use Birdman's eff on one or two tokens and you're good.
---
#18ShamackPosted 5/5/2013 8:19:11 AM
zane0144 posted...
Edit: Also in any case where you want to get rid of tokens (For whatever reason) Genex is a good sub for Token Sundae as you can just keep attempting to summon it. Since it can't really be summoned by bouncing back tokens. Say you have all your monsters lv 13 or 10 but you want Big Eye. Use Birdman's eff on one or two tokens and you're good.

you can't do that. not even as a token remover.
---
#19zane0144(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 8:28:52 AM
Shamack posted...
zane0144 posted...

you can't do that. not even as a token remover.

Why not? It may be a glitch because Dev Pro let me do it.
---
#20ShamackPosted 5/5/2013 8:34:00 AM
interesting.
Tokens are either on the field or off it. Costs MUST be paid exactly as it is worded. Tokens disappear when taken off the field and cannot be in the hand.
you can't return tokens to your hand through a cost, so you can't pay the cost for birdman.
---