The requirements for EVERY Speech and Skill check!

#1critlikesknivesPosted 2/27/2011 5:21:59 PM
What are they?? I've looked everywhere except wiki, because wiki doesn't work on my phone browser for some reason.

I'm about to start dead money and I genuinly do NOT want to miss any speech or skill checks. Does anyone know what the minimum for speech, science, survival, guns etc etc etc is?

If there is a list somewhere, please copy & paste? thanks in advance if anyone actually helps! it would be greatly appreciated
#2CoryLunchboxPosted 2/27/2011 9:46:34 PM
There are a lot of high speech challenges, need 60 and 75 in a lot of skills to pass the checks, also a lot of hard and very hard locks. Also keep in mind that you won't have your items to boost skills you'll have to find magazines in dead money if you need them. As far as I can recall there is nothing notable missed behind the tough locks or for failing the speech challenges.
#3MattheauPosted 2/28/2011 5:28:02 AM
There are several instances of natural 100 skill checks. True, you aren't going to miss getting "Overpowered Weapon of Awesome," but a few of those checks make things substantially easier.
#4Cheesy_PiePosted 2/28/2011 10:25:18 AM(edited)
I don't recall any 100 checks other than the ones for picking locks, hacking terminals, and interacting with hologram emitters. You don't get anything substantial for those Very Hard locks and terminals either.
---
>') Nom
#5MattheauPosted 3/1/2011 3:38:22 AM
I don't recall any 100 checks other than the ones for picking locks, hacking terminals, and interacting with hologram emitters.

You don't recall any 100 checks except the 100 checks that exist?

You don't get anything substantial for those Very Hard locks and terminals either.

You get to bypass Ghosts, radios, security holograms, searching for keys and passwords, and fog, which makes the quest significantly easier to complete and reduces the drain on your supplies. Yes, you don't get "Unique Weapon 10" or anything like that, but that isn't the sole reason that those skills are useful.

You hear people complaining about how tough and tedious those elements are, but if you go through the skill checks instead of the brute force method, I think you go through the fog once, encounter about half the Ghosts, and only a couple of easily passed shielded radios.