No online co-op

#1jarofdirt882Posted 4/6/2011 3:53:37 PM

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/5802/lego-pirates-sink-online-co-op.html

Is anyone else bummed about the news of no online co-op?

"We've always found that people have the most fun playing LEGO games in the same room. It's great when people can go to a friend's house and play a game together."

but what about those of us who can't go to a friend's house and play? I was really looking forward to playing this with my older sister online, who lives several hundred miles away, not convenient for popping over for a bit of gaming. We had great fun doing The Complete Saga, even if the camera was rubbish (which was equally as bad for local co-op), but that was fixed in one of the Indy games... 2?

It just seems like they're using that line as an excuse not to bother with online.

#2RobJ23Posted 4/18/2011 12:52:00 PM
Online gaming is overrated. Play with friends you know in real life.
#3jarofdirt882(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2011 6:37:00 AM
RobJ23 posted...

Lol. I guess you didn't read all my post. I play this with my SISTER. I do in fact know her in real life.

None of my "real life" friends play Lego games... and most of them don't even have a PS3.
#4Yorozuya_GinPosted 5/1/2011 10:56:07 PM
RobJ23 posted...

clearly does not know how to read

yes TC I am bummed out as well.
---
http://vimeo.com/14396701 - greatest actor ever.
#5CapnStankyPosted 5/2/2011 11:25:29 PM
I always ignore people that tell you to play real life friends. Some of us aren't little kiddies who can have their friends over for a slumber party. Some of us are actual adults with real lives who have friends and family members with real lives that cant just leave their families to go play a video game. That's why XBL and PSN exist. LEGO needs to address this at some point.
#6Lord BladePosted 5/5/2011 10:04:32 PM
Some of us aren't little kiddies who can have their friends over for a slumber party. Some of us are actual adults with real lives who have friends and family members with real lives that cant just leave their families to go play a video game.

So, you made it to adult-hood without learning how to organize your time? You can't find a couple of hours here or there to spend time with friends?

Even between work and school I find the time to spend with my girlfriend and my friends.
Just need to manage your time better. I'd never ask my friends to drop everything to hang out and game... but there's always time somewhere.

I generally do what I can to make time to spend with friends every weekend. Can't always do so of course. But we find what time we can.

But I could care less about not having online play. I buy these games (and games like Dynasty Warriors) to sit down and play with a friend sat next to me on the couch.
If I want to play with faceless strangers, I'll play an FPS online.
Which I can also play with my friends... as I have two gaming PC's hooked up next to each other... so we'll get together and play Killing Floor or Left4Dead together. :p
---
.- .-.. .-.. -.-- --- ..- .-. -... .- ... . .- .-. . -... . .-.. --- -. --. - --- ..- ...
#7LoveCookPosted 5/11/2011 6:51:28 PM

Its really foolish to say stuff like that.

Not everyone has their RL friends and family around them. And, online-only friends still do count has friends, even if you've never met them, especially if you've known them for a few years.

My RL friend lives in a different country. We can't play co-op together in the same room offline. We depend on online games to be able to play together.

We decided to not get this game because there is no use now. No online co-op = no buy for either of us. This game looked like it woulda been more fun playing together. I am not a huge fan of the movies, so there is no reason for me to play this by myself.

Its a real shame that they think online co-op isn't important enough.
#8DaoFerretPosted 5/12/2011 2:58:47 PM
Didn't the "Lego: Harry Potter Years 1-4" add On-Line Co-Op in a patch? (don't remember and don't have my copy ... or PSN ... handy to test)
#9dargondarkfirePosted 5/12/2011 10:35:29 PM
DaoFerret posted...
Didn't the "Lego: Harry Potter Years 1-4" add On-Line Co-Op in a patch? (don't remember and don't have my copy ... or PSN ... handy to test)

i think they added it to indiana 2 in a patch. don't know about harry 1-4.