Shiny stuff

#1sanderella97Posted 5/11/2011 12:24:20 PM
Alright, I'm done story mode, have done all I think I can at the port (including purchased as many characters as I was able, although many - like Barbarossa - are still locked). I want to go back through story mode for the minikits and compass items, but I don't seem to have a character that blasts shiny stuff, or opens the red/black doors/chests. There's no point in free-play if I can't get to the hidden areas!

What the heck am I missing?
#2SzymaaPosted 5/11/2011 12:33:25 PM
Can't say about the red/black doors, but Marty can destroy shiny things, and he's small. Two useful things in one character.
---
~Bow chicka bow wow~
I survived ApocalyPS3 & ApocalyPS3 2: Among Theives
#3sanderella97(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2011 12:41:32 PM
I just figured that out after taking an hour to test all of my unlocked characters one by one, except I started from the bottom right and worked my way backwards. Marty was like the 4th last character I tried. haha

Now if only I could figure out how to unlock a Blackbeard character, I'd be on my way to 100%!
#4Lord BladePosted 5/11/2011 1:10:30 PM
Blackbeard's sword is the only thing that affects those red and black blocks.
You won't get him till you've done the last movie.
---
.- .-.. .-.. -.-- --- ..- .-. -... .- ... . .- .-. . -... . .-.. --- -. --. - --- ..- ...
#5Iceman33502Posted 5/11/2011 1:14:33 PM
I found Blackbeard over at Tia Dalma's (Calypso) hut (at the far left across the broken bridge). 500,000 studs cost.
#6dargondarkfirePosted 5/11/2011 2:20:39 PM
Iceman33502 posted...
I found Blackbeard over at Tia Dalma's (Calypso) hut (at the far left across the broken bridge). 500,000 studs cost.

as far as i know that's the only spot he will appear in after you beat movie 4. but it does make it much easier to find and buy him them running around hoping he will spawn so you can buy him.
#7sanderella97(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2011 8:13:56 PM
Thanks, guys!!!

I found blackbeard there, and I have over a million treasure in my bank, but he wasn't "unlocked" for me to buy... and I have finished the entire game in story mode - every individual level.

Any other suggestions?
#8sanderella97(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2011 8:13:57 PM
Thanks, guys!!!

I found blackbeard there, and I have over a million treasure in my bank, but he wasn't "unlocked" for me to buy... and I have finished the entire game in story mode - every individual level.

Any other suggestions?
#9TerrdPosted 5/11/2011 8:19:47 PM
you have to "fight" him in order to buy him. just wack him a few times (3-4) then you should be able to buy him.
#10sanderella97(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2011 9:22:47 PM
Thanks Terrd!

I've headed back a few times now, and the bugger has completely disappeared. I'm starting to wonder if it's a glitch. I'll keep trying, but I'm hoping there's be a cheat code to unlock him whenever the codes start being released.

S.