Close to puzzle quest - Great Game

#1VegetallPosted 6/3/2011 8:23:10 AM
if anyone has played puzzle quest this is just like it.. fantastic game...

i would have commented on the other links, but there locked...

if anyone has questions i can try my best to answer... (i played over 50-60 matches, so there maybe other ppl with better information this is all from playing experience, i havent found a site with def answers)

But a few FAQs (out of my own mind)

1. Unlocking other classes?

you HAVE to play as the adventurer to unlock classes, its by defeating the unique skulls, and they will drop a golden cup (from what i can tell its very random)

2. Lvling up a class

just like unlocking a class, but you have to have another class choosen and when a unique skull is killed (once again its random) they will drop the golden cup, and that will lvl a class up by 1

i have yet to see 2 golden cups drop in a single game, not saying it cant happen, since i really dont know, but i haven't seen it...

each class has its own unique skills, some better then others and some skills will complement the reg skills better, so pick and choose wisely, you will eventually see what works and doesnt...

i personally go for anything passive, for upgrades (and always get the enchant) poison, regenerate and spikes, it just makes things easier at times

as for kills, i will always take:

enchant - its a free upgrade, why not

teleport - its a escape free card, gets you out of some crazy situations

thats all for now, gotta get back to work...

but if this gets any responses i will add more
#2Vegetall(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2011 7:11:23 PM
I'm just going to keep posting as I find things out

So playing now as a class Ive noticed when Lvling up it happen when you kill a blue skull that has a number on it, the name escapes me but so far 5 out of 5 i got a golden cup

Also I been finding poison very useful and regen health

And you really can make builds but it doesn't help that it's so random
Example a guy with all collect skills so I can basically clear a board or a swordmaster where every skill convert to swords with the x5 sword

Also when you start getting farther into turns start to take luck since it add to how much a health potion heals and since more and more skulls show up you need to chain less pots

And that the dang ramps up fairly higher around turn 300
Thoug I have really yet to experiment with defense

Any questions just pm me
#3Vegetall(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2011 7:50:42 PM
Nevermind about the blue skull always givin a golden cup just killed one and got nothing seems it really is just random
#4Vegetall(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2011 5:24:47 AM
Golden Cups for lvls, are still random and have still not found 2 in 1 game...

been trying to make some builds, depending on how random the play through is, mainly all spikes or all regen, or just pure damg....

still haven't gotten past my 589 turns

still haven't found a class specific skill that was useful

my main skills (once again depending on how random it is)
enchant - a free enchant, its just nice
boost damg - another great way to kill unique skulls, and to escape a bad drop
Heal - makes it easier down the road to stay alive
teleport - great escape skill

i been getting each class to lvl 5 so you can switch up your race with class. (only got to 5 with to classes, so havent tested any class/race combos)
#5Vegetall(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2011 7:01:40 PM
Keep in mind when fighting a spiked skull ( special skull that returns damg) he will return all the damn you accumulate even after the x appears on the skull so do just enough to kill it and no more since you will just be hurting yourself
#6lorbert87Posted 6/20/2011 1:25:52 PM
I mainly play the mage class, because the race refreshes one of your skills after you defeat a special monster, that combined with enchant + skill elixir IS awesome.

I leveled the mage up 6 times in one of the games, using big game hunter, dazzled, enchant and skill elixir. The strategy I used is maximizing base damage, weapon damage, strength and EXP. I leveled up super fast that way, when I got to end-game, I was doing 120+ base damage, and I either got a level up or a free enchant every time I kill a special monster (the big game hunter skill allows me to kill one every 5 turns)

Give it a try.

P.S. I died because of the spike monster, because I only had 200 hp, connect 2 swords and the monster dealt 300 dmg, so I killed myself =/
---
Xbox Live: FR Lorbert
PSN: Snugglewump
#7Galvatron ZeroPosted 7/7/2011 6:09:55 AM
Spike Monsters are the worst.

I've been playing with Paladin. I really like Last Stand. I'll have to give the mage another go.

Typically I go for pumping strength and damage (kill uniques easier) and then more health from potions (easily restore health in a pinch). Still hasn't gotten me far though :)
---
Galvatron Zero
#8Galvatron ZeroPosted 8/3/2011 5:39:44 AM
You can get two cups (level ups) in a single game. I've had it happen twice. Once playing as Paladin and once playing as Assassin.

Enchant is by far the best skill to get. Not all classes have it, so as soon as you get to level two with a class, be sure to have it on your skill list. Getting it early can make a huge difference.

As soon as you can customize your feats and flaws, I'd recommend grabbing double regen and maybe offsetting it with the flaw that makes boss monsters appear one turn earlier (oh no, early extra xp!). It makes a huge difference too. You can stack a ton of regeneration on your character, get some blunt and you can go a long time without worrying about potions (maybe pick up the skill to 'Collect Potions As XP' to speed your level ups). Also means you won't have to worry about wasting level ups on bonus potions for a while.

Double gold and treasure chamber work well too. I've actually had a game where I've had the shop pop up four times in a row due to having those two skills and leveling up gold bonuses.
---
Galvatron Zero